April Mamas Chat Thread: Oct 13th - 20th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 10-27-2004, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm not pregnant, YET! But I was doing a search on the Romanian IVF program and it sent me to this site to Esqueque's posts. Does anyone know how to get in touch with her and if I can email her? I would like to get feedback on GlobalArts because we are looking at possibly using them. Thanks! Ladybugs
#62 of 70 Old 10-27-2004, 11:15 PM

i went to the midwife for my second appointment yesterday. i have gained SEVEN pounds! pretty impressive gain in only four weeks, huh? i am now at a normal pre pregnancy weight for me. now i do have to consider being more mindful of what i am putting in, since i dont have to be just on survival/gain mode. i also think the tail end of my ms that is hanging on will ease up when i decrease my sugar intake and increase my greens, although i do have to be careful still, as it was a bunch of spinach that caused the car barf episode last week. such a balancing task i have ahead of me, especially since my midwife was not very reassuring that the nausea will go away soon, since i was sick with dd until 20 weeks.
#63 of 70 Old 10-28-2004, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaalex
serenity, i never realized it before. my oldest and your oldest are 11 days apart, and your youngest and my youngest are a day apart

savanna doesn't get confused between her little brother and the baby in you? does she refer to her little brother as her baby? i guess i try talking to xandra about it, and see what she says?
Then your dd and my neice were born on the same day.

Let me explain a bit about Savanna. SHe actually knew with Sam that there was a baby in my tummy.She was 20 months when he was born. SHe would kiss my belly and talk to Sam. She was very very vocal (telling us she was peeing and pooping in her diaper at 16 months).

With my last pregnancy, before I was pregnant she told me that her sister was with Jesus, and it was almost time for her to be in my tummy. I told her we would need to wait a bit. So she went to my dh and said *Daddy, I want my sister, both of them*. We were floored. And then even more so when I got pregnant right around when she said that. From the first time we told her there was a baby in my tummy she was telling me it was two sisters. Then when I lost the baby (ies, we are about 90% sure it was in fact twins) and we told her she cried. We told her that our baby had to go back to live with Jesus, she said *My sister?* and then cried. Poor kid, her puppy ran away (or was let out, but that's another story) the same day. Very sad.

So when I got pregnant again, we waited a bit, but did tell her early. I knew she would be so excited. She cried. And she knows. SHe tells me our baby is tiny. When I eat she says our baby is hungry. It's really cute. So, I don't know, she just gets it. And she doesn't call Sam our baby. Not any more.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#64 of 70 Old 10-28-2004, 06:10 PM

WOW talk about intuition!!!!!!! that's really cool. my kids birthdates are 8/5 and 4/14. our little bella is 18 mo now and can tell me when she'd peed and pooped but i doubt she'd ever tell me there is a baby in my tummy and talk to it. she kisses my tummy a lot, they both do.
#65 of 70 Old 10-28-2004, 06:23 PM

Wow, our children are very close. Sam is just no where near as verbal as Savanna was at this age. I don't think he really understand about the baby, not like she did with him. I wish he could tell me when he was going. When Sav did that we started potty learning. I figured we would give it a try, if she wasn't ready fine, if so great. And she did fantastic. Sam brought me a diaper and wipes today, but is not at all ready for the potty. He can talk a bit, but like I said, no where near what Sav was at this age.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#66 of 70 Old 10-29-2004, 10:42 AM

Today we have our annual pumpkin decorating contest at work. I love carving pumpkins. Love it! My entry last year was a portrait of the founder of my law firm (I worked so hard on it!): http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B%3C2...%3A%3A67ot1lsi

This year my digicam isn't cooperating, so I can't share a picture. It's a pretty traditional jack-o-lantern carved on a small pumpkin, stacked on top of a big pumpkin with a beige tank top stretch over it. I stuck little sticks with hands taped on them out of the arm holes and put a tiny anti-Bush pin on the shirt. It's titled "Self-portrait."

But here's the cool part. When you light the bigger pumpkin on the bottom, a picture of a little baby shines through the shirt (a 20 week fetus, actually-- I had to find an internet picture to use as a guide). It's really neat! And it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to look at it. If they take a pic at work, I'll show you.
#67 of 70 Old 10-29-2004, 11:33 AM

Stream--your pumpkin sounds SOOOOOOOOO cool !!! (and your one from last year is great too) Dw & I love carving elaborate pumpkins, although she's much more artistic than I am. We have bought 3 pumpkins this year, one skinny (her), one round (me) and a little tiny one for the baby, but we haven't carved them yet, I think this will happen tomorrow morning.

I love Hallowe'en! We don't have any parties to go to this year (that I know of yet), but dw & I will be dressing up on Sunday night to hand out candy. I just stepped on the scale to discover that I've now gained about 15 lbs. I still feel good and I think I look okay so I'm not too concerned, but I may try and exercise some restraint in the candy eating domain, kwim?

Wonderful to hear about your Savanna, Seren, she sounds like a wonderful little girl!

I felt another little flutter on the bus last night--a very happy thing! Looking fwd to full fledged kicks.
#68 of 70 Old 10-29-2004, 06:48 PM

we finished our pumpkins last night. we have a big one, daddy, and he carved that one. super cute with lots of personaliy. then a smaller one, me, i did mine, plain ole triangles LOL. then a little little one that is supposed to be our oldest DD. we also have two tiny pumpkins that can't be carved that are our babe and the babe in utero.

i love the shadow of the fetus!!!! what an awesome idea

oh yeah, and i'm getting some definite thumps. this babe is everywhere. thump, thump, thump, thump. i love it!!!!!
#69 of 70 Old 10-31-2004, 11:49 PM

Update: I won the contest! Woo-hoo! For my efforts, I received a $30 Walmart Gift Card. Not my favorite of shopping locales, but I'll take it.
#70 of 70 Old 10-31-2004, 11:52 PM

Oh-- by the way, I was thinking that tomorrow maybe we should open a November chat thread. Like for the whole month. We're not the chattiest people yet, so maybe we can save weekly chat threads for third trimester or so (since we're not so good at keeping them current, as I post in the Oct. 20th thread! hee-hee!!). What do you think?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page