Feeling the Baby Move? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2004, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So weird. I didn't feel DD until 19 weeks or later (can't remember). I just remember that it was long compared to the average.

Anyway, I'm not even 14 weeks (will be tomorrow) and I started "feeling" things yesterday. Not an actual kick, just that certain feeling of fullness/stretchiness in only one part of my uterus. I feel it in different parts at different times. The baby is so small-- could I actually be feeling it, or is it my uterus (or imagination) doing something funky?

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2004, 01:37 AM

I felt this baby give a thump at 12 1/2 weeks, but haven't felt much since. Now I am 14 1/2 and I am feeling it a bit more. This is actual movement. And it's still really far down, not even out of my pelvic bones yet. I've probably felt the baby 4 times in the last 3 days. SO, it's getting more frequent and defnintely there!

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
Old 10-22-2004, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just don't know !!!!!????????
I really thought I felt some definite flutters, and they were in the right (pubic) area considering how small the bean is right now, but then I've also felt flutters much, much higher, that definitely aren't babe related. Beth keeps acting out kickboxing moves & telling the babe to give me a boot, but nothing definite. I'm now at 15 weeks, so I know it's a bit early...but I can't wait!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:36 PM

i kept thinking i was feeling things too, but i feel the same movements in different locations. my uterus is now over top my belly button and i feel stuff to the top and right and also to the bottom and left, so, who knows. i keep telling myself it's digestive related LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 10:36 PM

Have not felt anything yet - 14 weeks yesterday. This might seem like a stupid question but how do you guys KNOW where your uterus is located? I have a definite pooch-belly
Old 10-22-2004, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedknitter
This might seem like a stupid question but how do you guys KNOW where your uterus is located?
Not stupid to me! I only know because my MW told me . . .she said it was right over my bladder, which explains a lot!

OK, so maybe those of us feeling things early are crazy together or it's true!

I definitely didn't feel anything at ALL with DD until later (I know because I kept hoping I would). It ended up working out well, though, because I didn't even know I was in labor when I was contracting 5 minutes apart and dialated to 5 cm. (I only went to the hospital because I was bleeding a lot!) So, not feeling things has benefits, too!

Old 10-23-2004, 12:31 AM

Quote:
This might seem like a stupid question but how do you guys KNOW where your uterus is located? I have a definite pooch-belly
My uterus is still mostly in my pelvis ...but I definately have a pooch too ...unfortunately it's all intestines and other internal goodies that are getting shoved up and out of the way.

As far as movement goes I swear I felt something that was NOT gas a few weeks ago ... but nothing distinguishable since ... I'm told that the second + time around movement can be felt as early as 11 weeks. All I know is I'm looking forward to some regular movements around here ... it's SO reassuring!

ETA I felt a definate kick/thump this morning (full bladder and laying on my stomach) ...it was so COOL!!! Now I remember what I love about being PG.

tireless sewer of teeny little clothes for Bamboletta dolls ...

Old 10-23-2004, 10:55 PM

With my DD (my third) I felt the first flutters around 13 weeks. It was confirmed for me when they found her heartbeat exactly where I'd felt her at my belly button which was a lot higher than they started looking for her down by my pubic bone. I think I've felt this baby a few times as well. In particular a couple of times I've pushed on my stomach and gotten a little response. Nothing too regular yet but it will increase as the baby gets bigger. My uterus is right at my belly button but this is my fourth and it just pops up earlier and earlier. A good way to tell is to feel your belly in the morning when your bladder is full which pushes up your uterus or if you've just orgasmed your uterus will likely contract so again you can feel where the hard ball is in your tummy. I've got lots of guts pushing up but still DH and I can feel the uterus too.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:44 PM

My uterus comes to about an inch below my belly button; it is easy to find since it's definately much more firm than the squishy belly above it. I can feel it easiest when laying on my back.

I felt ds around 14 weeks, but began feeling this baby a little around 12 or so...I'm 14 weeks now and have been feeling the babe daily for a few days now. I think he/she's going to be a power-kicker just like her big brother was
Old 10-25-2004, 04:39 PM

i've been feeling this baby move for 2-3 weeks. but it's not consistent and sometimes i'm not quite sure that's what it is.

over the weekend i had a nasty stomach bug my generous dd shared with me. after my intestines and stomach had emptied themselves in a most unpleasent manner i decided i could once again venture into the world of eating and had a banana. about 15 minutes after eating the banana i felt what were definitely some leaps of joy down there.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:40 AM

I first felt flutters at 15wks and then proper kicking at 16wks - I also feel my uterus kind of rolling from side to side when the baby must turn around. The top of my uterus is only about an inch below my belly button now - I'm coming up 18wks in a couple of days.

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

Old 10-27-2004, 04:55 PM

How exciting for all of us!

I felt definite babe movement around 13 weeks...almost like he/she was lightly checking out the edges of my uterus down low and to the side. I remembered that feeling from when ds used to do it. I've felt a couple thumps and other movements since then, but nothing regular yet. I'm 17 weeks today.

I didn't feel the first movements of my first ds until about 17 weeks or later, and even then it was real slight movement, more like little flutters or twitters. I remembered that after ds was born, I mourned not feeling him move in my belly any more. It's one of the most wonderful feelings!!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:11 PM

I started feeling tiny movements between 15-16 w. Now I definatly feel it (I'm 17w today). It's not consistent like it is when they're bigger, but definatly the baby. Last night I had a few swigs of OJ & a few minutes later felt the baby doing rolls, LOL. I LOVE feeling the baby move! That was the one thing I was the MOST looking forward to during this pregnancy.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:22 AM

I started feeling little flutters here and there about 2 weeks ago at around 14 weeks. This morning around 6am, for the first time at exactly 16 weeks I felt a full force kick followed by numerous little thumps which startled me

Now I'm addicted. I want more more more
Old 10-28-2004, 11:01 PM

I was 16 weeks yesterday and nothing yet. =(

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
Old 10-29-2004, 03:20 AM

The past week or two I've been feeling something, but so light it could be my imagination. Tonight, it was definitely baby!
Old 10-29-2004, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to say that since my OP, I haven't felt anything quite the same, but I have felt other things . . . very inconsistent, though!

Sara, in my OP I mention that with my 1st DD I felt nothing at all until 20+ weeks!

Old 10-29-2004, 09:29 AM

I was 22 weeks when I felt Darlene move.

I never thought I'd say this...But I MISS being pregnant.
not having anymore for a while though.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:52 PM

i started feeling stuff around 12 weeks, but it was that, "i'm not sure if that's digestive or not" feelings. though the "things" i was feeling were definitely in the right places to be a baby moving about. now at 16 weeks i am feeling definite thumps everywhere. right to left and top to bottom. there is no mistaking it.

katie, after each of my births i have the phantom movements in utero. for months afterwards i can still feel my babies moving inside. it's sooooooooooo wierd. and i know it's digestive, but still. i miss those babies kicking too
Old 10-31-2004, 04:01 AM

When you first feel your baby move can others feel it by touching your stomach right away or does that take even longer?

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
Old 10-31-2004, 04:08 PM

I think the baby is so small at this point (and still so deep in our bodies) that only we can feel them move early on ...

tireless sewer of teeny little clothes for Bamboletta dolls ...

Old 10-31-2004, 04:30 PM

i was about 22-24 weeks before i could feel kicks by placing my hand on my belly. it took Dh even longer than that to be able to feel the kicks.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:30 PM

Yeah we're definitely able to feel the movements quite a bit earlier than anyone can feel it from the outside. I don't think DH felt DD move until around 25 weeks or so. By that point you could visibly see kicks from the outside. :LOL
Old 11-08-2004, 07:30 PM

I started feeling the baby moving about four weeks ago if I was very still and everything was quiet (like, just before I went to sleep and no other time!). Now at 17 weeks I'm feeling movement pretty regularly throughout the day.

With Annabel I felt movement at 10 weeks if I concentrated, and didn't feel a thing with Angus until 20 weeks. I understand that first-time pregnant moms don't feel movement quite as soon?

Nikki
Old 11-13-2004, 09:57 PM

My dh and I felt what seemed like our baby's head and back all along my left side this morning. My right side felt totally different, softer. So exciting!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 02:17 AM

anyone feeling more like "rolls" than kicks or flutters? sometimes i feel a kick or flutter, but usually it's more like the rolls they do later on in the third trimester. it's really strange LOL.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:44 PM

All I've felt thus far feels like someone is trying to push a racquetball out through my abdomenal wall from inside. I feel it on both sides where the ultrasounds showed the babies are, so I assume it's their skulls. But no flutters or kicks.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaalex
anyone feeling more like "rolls" than kicks or flutters? sometimes i feel a kick or flutter, but usually it's more like the rolls they do later on in the third trimester. it's really strange LOL.
Me! Not flutters-- but I'm inconsistent. Some days I feel nothing at all!

Old 11-15-2004, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been feeling definite movement, really vigorous flutters, for a week or so now!
YIPPEE! so much fun....
Old 11-15-2004, 03:48 PM

I'm 19.5 weeks and am now feeling some definite rolls and kicks!! Mostly when I'm sitting here at the computer desk at work...must be getting a little less roomy in there. Just as I was reading this thread, the little munchkin was rolling and rumbling all over the place!! I'm so happy!!! I've felt more regular movement with more definite force over the last week...before it was just the flutters or light movement. Now this babe is going to town!

User Tag List