Sono today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-04-2004, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know a lot of ladies here are against sonograms, and while I believe they probably aren't entirely necessary, they are fun : , and I think it's okay to do it once or twice w/ your doc.
My 17wk sono w/ my OB is today and I should be able to find out if it's a boy or a girl.
It's at 2pm CT, so I'll post later what I have cookin' up in there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2004, 03:04 PM

Very exciting! Can't wait to hear your good news (I still have to wait 2 weeks for my peek).
Old 11-04-2004, 03:16 PM

How exiting! Hope your little one will cooperate. Mine is scheduled for next Friday. I can't wait to take a peek and hopefully find out the gender too
Old 11-04-2004, 11:01 PM

Oooooh! Can't wait to hear!! Last time, I had mine at 18 weeks, but this time the office is requiring me to wait until 20 weeks... office policy I guess. I have 2 more weeks to wait. Hope it went well and I can't wait to hear!
Old 11-06-2004, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Well... Here's an update...
The sono tech said it's a girl. And at first, I thought it looked like a girl too, but when she snapped the photo (and the screen froze), now I'm not too sure. I have a photo and will try to scan and post to see what you ladies think. It really did look like a girl on the video, but then the photo looks like one side was a little larger than the other, so maybe that could be a little penis leaning off to the side? Do you think that's possible in that age? Or do you think there would always be a visible view of the scrotum and THEN the penis sticking out? I want to get excited about what it is but then again I dont want to be excited about the wrong gender!! :

One more thing, the sono tech has been doing this for 20yrs. She said she's about 95% accurate and the ones she did get wrong were in her early, early years of being a tech, like in her first year.

My OB said it looked like there might possibly be something wrong a tube or something (don't remember the terminology) in the baby's pelvic area, but the fact that they can tell the baby's kidney (or maybe they said bladder ) is working, etc, then it probably is nothing. They said they'll do another sono to follow-up. I don't mind! heehee

User Tag List