Leaking Breast - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-07-2004, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, I am brand new to the site and actually found you guys becuase I am in a little panic. More information than I would like to share from the start is needed to explain my circumstances and maybe get some help please.
We are due April 23, 2005 and things have been good with the baby so far. This is our first baby.
My Question is: My left nipple, where I had my nipple piercied 8 years ago is leaking a white/clear fluid which has soaked much of my shirt now in the last few hours. (I took the ring out 7 years ago.) Is the bad in anyway? Will I be able to breastfeed still? I am flipping out because I don't know if this is bad or not. Can someone please help me I don't want to call the on call person on a Sunday unless I have too. If you don't know the answer do you know where I might find it?

Melody
#2 of 4 Old 11-07-2004, 05:53 PM

Hi,
I'm sorry; I know how it is to worry about something.
I don't have a piercing, but I did a quick search online, and maybe you can just call and ask someone at your local La Leche League what they think is going on. I know it is normal to have some leaking while pg, but I don't know if it matters that it's coming out of where your piercing used to be. I don't know if that means something has been punctured or not, or if it'd be cause for concern at all.
Check out this link
http://www.lalecheleague.org/llleade...nJul99p64.html
And look here to find a LLL in your area
http://www.lalecheleague.org/WebIndex.html

I hope everything turns out okay.
#3 of 4 Old 11-09-2004, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your care and concern. It turns out that it is a possible pre-infection. I am suppossed to wait and see if it turns green or yellow, seals up, or becomes painful besides that I am just too wait and wear nursing pads. Thank you so much for your response!

Melody
#4 of 4 Old 11-09-2004, 10:33 PM

I hope it goes okay.
Did they say it was because of the piercing you had before or was it unrelated?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page