Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 11-26-2004, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to say that we had the lovely 3.5 HOUR ultrasound the other day which included waiting for a flipping hour and forty five minutes. Word to the wise - never schedule an ultrasound before a holiday!!!

Okay rant done.

Praise be.

Baby looks healthy, all the limbs and organs. I am breathing just a bit easier. Will be able to catch entire breath once baby is safely born and in arms.

He is a boy.
congratulations on the healthy son . i can't believe you had to wait so long! WOW!!!! i am usually a patient person, but i think 1 hr 45 min would've been pushing my limits LOL.

i remember having to wait with my first DD, we had to get an U/S for dating purposes and my bladder wasn't full yet. so i had to wait for 45 min for that, and man was that hard!!!!! LOL.

congrats again!!!
#32 of 45 Old 11-28-2004, 02:11 AM

I can't believe the time has come when we can potentially find out the gender!

So far, how many people's predictions were correct?

We'll be HOPEFULLY finding out on Monday-- I can't wait!

Congratulations to all!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#33 of 45 Old 11-29-2004, 01:30 PM

Thanks!

Mizel - I was so very positive this one was a boy. A few times I faltered and questioned my mama-sense but when the doc told us I was so sure it was almost anti-climatic!

Anyhoo - did y'all click the link in my signature? This is such a great board!!
#34 of 45 Old 11-29-2004, 03:44 PM

My dh and I both predicted it was another boy, but she turned out to be a GIRL! I do remember feeling early on that it might be a girl...should have listened to myself then! Funny!

With our first, I felt as though it was a boy and wasn't surprised when the u/s tech confirmed that it was in fact a boy.

The cool thing for us to think about is that the baby is a boy or a girl from the moment of conception, not from whenever we find out it's sex. I find it interesting to see how my and my dh's thoughts convinced us that it was a boy rather than a girl...
#35 of 45 Old 11-29-2004, 05:12 PM

ok, for all of you that had the BIG u/s how long did it take and what all did they do? i had mine today, and i waited in the OBs office for 1hr and 15 min, i was just about to leave when she called my name. then i sat in the room for 15 more min, again i was getting up to leave when she walked in. we chatted for about 2 min, i sat on the table, she put the vhs tape in, turned the machine on, did the gel thing, looked at the baby for about 3-5 min MAX ( measured the head, the abd, and the femur) then we were done. that was it.

i had expected the BIG u/s, to be where they look at everything to make sure all is ok................ i know now that there is only one baby, but i still don't know if there is a growth of some kind in there or not. i'm measuring 26 or 27 weeks and the baby is measuring EXACTLY 21 weeks and is under 500 g, somewhere in the 400s but i forget. i was even more disappointed with this experience than the one she did before. i am very very happy to be leaving her practice, and heading up north.

the ONLY reason i decided to have this u/s was to get some peace of mind, and i got none. in fact i was more upset when i left than when i got there. i cried the whole way home, and my DH is out of town so i can't even tell him to come home to be with me.

oh well....................................
#36 of 45 Old 11-29-2004, 05:49 PM

HOLY MOLEY mama! That is the biggest CROCK I've ever heard of. That OB should NOT NOT NOT be doing u/s. Geez....

Our ultrasound (NOT a level 2, just a standard anatomy scan) took about 30-40 min from start to finish. We were sent to an outpatient facility, which has high-tech equipment (I was impressed, LOL). The technician who did it was a certified u/s tech & a radiologist reviewed the results before we could leave. If they could not find ANYTHING or ANYTHING looked off, they would have sent us for a Level 2 with a Perinatologist.

During the u/s, she:
1. scanned uterus from all angles, just go get basic look.
2. scanned placenta & cervix
3. Baby - looked at bladder, kidneys, spine (both neck to pelvis & a view through the vertebra to make sure they were shaped properly), stomach, insertation point of umbilical cord, nose, mouth (looking for cleft lip), brain, arms, hands, legs, feet, gender
4. Measured - brain (around head & between ventricals), belly, long bones, etc
5. Umbilical cord - checked for insertion & 3 vessels
6. Heart - focused in on heart, checked for chambers, arteries, etc. Got beats/minute
7. assessed amt of amniotic fluid

I can't think of anything else. I can say, with my dd #1, my OB did the scan herself. I was NOT satisfied w/that & was referred out (you know my job history & why that didn't fly, LOL). I don't think OBs should be doing these!!!

GRRRRRR

HUGS mama! I'm sorry!!!!! At least the baby is measuring on target, that should make you feel better!!
#37 of 45 Old 11-30-2004, 11:52 AM

Wow Dana that sounds a bit off. With my first and second a tech did the u/s. For this one the tech scanned for about a 1/2 hour. Than the doc came in and was unhappy with her work (she WAS really sucky) and did the scan over. Maybe you can call your doc and discuss your concerns? ((((hug))))
#38 of 45 Old 11-30-2004, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents
Wow Dana that sounds a bit off. With my first and second a tech did the u/s. For this one the tech scanned for about a 1/2 hour. Than the doc came in and was unhappy with her work (she WAS really sucky) and did the scan over. Maybe you can call your doc and discuss your concerns? ((((hug))))
we are moving in 9 days so i am just going to wait till we get up north to make my decision. i KNEW i shouldn't have let her scan me again, but i thought well, maybe she'll do better this time. the first time she did a vag at 14 weeks and i measuring 20 weeks and the baby is at the top of my uterus. first she told me i miscarried at 5 weeks, then she said (after i reminded her how far along i was and that we heard the heartbeat at 12 weeks, and that i measuring 6 weeks ahead, not behind) maybe it was my cervix, but she wasn't sure and was kinda asking.

so, i had originally decided against having her do another, but my DH kinda talked me into it. so, i went. and man was i pissed that i went. so, we'll see. i'm going to call some people in the columbia, MD area this week and next and ask them what they think i should do ( in terms of getting another U/S or not) if most of them say no, then i won't, if they say yes, i probably will.
#39 of 45 Old 11-30-2004, 04:06 PM

hello everyone! i haven't posted in a while as nothing new to report- but i found out last week i am having a boy! i was convinced it was another girl but we saw boy parts for sure.so i wanted to add myself to the boy list. has anyone made a list of due dates/gender if known? hope everyone had a good thanksgiving! angela
#40 of 45 Old 12-01-2004, 01:45 PM

We have our u/s next Tuesday. I can't decide if I want to find out or not, usually not, but I falter. DH does, so he won't be any help. I'm trying to get him to promise me that no matter what i say when we are there I really don't want to know. But he won't because he wants to know.

danaalex, sorry your's was so yucky.

THat's interesting about after having just one gender your chance of a different gender goes down. A lady at church just had her 5th boy, #'s 3 &4 being twins. She so wanted a boy and was really sad when she found out it was a boy.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#41 of 45 Old 12-01-2004, 07:35 PM

Dana, I'm glad you'll be going elsewhere-- sounds like a waste of time with your current doc!

As for us, we had the "big" u/s on Monday-- I really wanted to find out the gender to get the name settled! I had a doubtful feeling that the tech could tell, and sure enough . . .the baby had its legs tightly closed and a hand covering all important parts. The tech told us there were three lines that could be girl . . .or butt!

So, we're picking a boy's name but assuming it's a girl. My DH has been right for the last 6 PG (of people we know) and he thinks girl.

I must admit-- it is kind of fun not to know! I never would've believed that, but it's true!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#42 of 45 Old 12-02-2004, 02:48 AM

i love not knowing, it's our friends and family that hate it. that's all i will hear from now until the day we deliver, "why don't you find out what it is so we can know?" so silly!!!! LOL
#43 of 45 Old 12-02-2004, 08:28 PM

sorry you had another bad ultrasound experience, danaalex. i cant imagine how awful that would feel, to have very important questions about your health, and have your ob be so unhelpful.
#44 of 45 Old 12-02-2004, 08:32 PM

had my sonogram today. baby looks like a healthy, incredibly active little boy. the tech kept getting frustrated with him, moving so much it was hard to get a still photo of any of the stuff they want, such as the spine. gosh, i am kind of nervous if his activity level in utero is any indication of his temperment, i am gonna have my hands FULL.
#45 of 45 Old 12-02-2004, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaby
sorry you had another bad ultrasound experience, danaalex. i cant imagine how awful that would feel, to have very important questions about your health, and have your ob be so unhelpful.
thanks!!! i'm not thinking about it too much anymore . she is an idiot, but at least i only saw her a handful of times. my other ob was AWESOME! i loved him, too bad he's in DE.

congrats on the active boy! how exciting!!!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page