Forum Jump: 

Old 12-08-2004, 06:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
18 years 10 months with first pregnancy which miscarried. Husband was 31.2
20 years and 20 days old when my first child was born. Husband was 32.4
21 years and 4 months when second child was born. Husband was 33.8

I will be 23 years and 9 months old if I go full-term with the twins I am carrying now. My husband will be 36 and 1 month old.

Do people think I'm too young to be having children? 4 kids at 23 years old...yes! Until they get to know me then they tell me this is just what I was destined to do...and they are right.

We welcomed our 3rd , 7th September 23, 2010!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2004, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCalling
Do people think I'm too young to be having children? 4 kids at 23 years old...
same here. i will have 4 kids under 4 at age 23. apparently people think i am older than i am, because they are awfully surprised when they find out my age... but i still do get funny looks when i'm out with the kids and hubby's not there.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmg7500
same here. i will have 4 kids under 4 at age 23. apparently people think i am older than i am, because they are awfully surprised when they find out my age... but i still do get funny looks when i'm out with the kids and hubby's not there.
Crazy, your oldest is only a couple of weeks older than my oldest, you have boy/girl twins which I am expecting and are also due 5 days after me! We have a lot in common.

LOL, the funny looks when by yourself. I get those. I need to start remembering to wear my wedding ring. :LOL

We welcomed our 3rd , 7th September 23, 2010!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:46 PM

i will be 23 when our first baby is born in april.

jenny.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:41 AM

My husband and I are just three weeks apart--we're both 32. We felt ready to have kids a couple of years ago but it took us a while to conceive. We're very excited about welcoming our first!

When I was in my early and mid-twenties, I was convinced I didn't have what it took to be a good mother and determined not to have kids. But how quickly that changed once I hit my late twenties! I definitely felt something biological happening in me, and the urge for kids was irresistible. We waited until we felt financially ready to start trying, though.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:19 AM

I just turned 27 in February, and DH was 26 in December.

We're too young. At least that's how I'm feeling just about now!

Edited to add that I don't think that EVERYONE having kids our age or younger is too young. Just that I'm feeling VERY overwhelmed right now and nervous about the whole thing.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:35 AM

I'm 22 and so is my husband. This is our first baby. The ladies I know in real life are anywhere from 22 to 30.

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
Old 03-01-2005, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am 20 and will be 21 when our babe is born.
Derek will be 22.
It's our first.

In real life, I had a friend who is turning 19 tomorrow, and just had a baby 3 months ago (gave him up for adoption). I also have another friend who is 19 and due in April. I have a friend who is 35 and due the same day as me. I just pretty much know a lot of pregnant girls =)

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 03-01-2005, 11:28 AM

#1 18 yrs
#2 19 yrs
#3 22 yrs (for 3 days)
#4 25 yrs (for 3 days) my 3rd and 4th have the same bady 3 yrs apart
#5 26 yrs (almost 27)
#6 29 yrs
#7 I turned 30 in August and will still be 30 when s/he is born
Old 03-01-2005, 04:49 PM

I am 22 and SO is 23. I consider us to be too young, but this was an unexpected (but welcomed) pregnancy.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:33 PM

I turn 36 on March 11th so 36 for baby #4, had just turned 34 for baby #3 (also an April babe), 31 (almost 32) for baby #2, and 29 (3 months before 30th bday) for baby #1.

Lani
Old 03-01-2005, 10:13 PM

Popping over here from the March board...

I'm 25 and expect daughter #2 any day now. My husband is 28.
I turned 23 three days before my firstborn entered the world.

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 03-05-2005, 07:34 PM

I just realized that while I've read this thread, I've never responded! :

I was 29 when dd was born and I'll be 30 when our little potato arrives (I'm like 2 weeks shy of turning 31 by then). Dh will also be 30. We're about 5 months apart.

I'm the only mama of my small group of close knit friends. I haven't be fortunate enough to make any IRL mama friends (my part time work schedule has me working on those days when I could be going to LLL or Mom's Club : ).

I think the push for career first, babies after is a very valid point. Most women I work with who are looking to advance place their careers first. So what tends to happen, I've noticed, is they have babies at 35+ (or forgo children and adopt pets to be their "babies.") Right now, one of my best friends is on her third attempt at fetching a husband. She feels she has to find that "perfect man" who is career driven, ambitious, and family oriented (especially now that she's over 30 ) because I think she'll want to become a SAHM if they ever have children (she's never said, but that's the impression I get).

As for the mid-life babies of generations past, my grandmother had my uncle (her last child) at 44. Talk about being fertile! :LOL
Old 03-05-2005, 09:16 PM

I too am popping in from another board, but I couldn't resist posting. It is a topic not often mentioned in my family as my Mom was 19 when she had me, HER Mom was 32 when she had her and 31 when she had her sister. I was 20 (for 6 days) when I had ds. I was 22 (turned 23 3 wks later) dh was 21 (22 a month later) when dd was born. I am and will be 25 dh will be 24 when this one is born.

Most of the Mom's that have kids in my ds' Early Childhood class are much older that me. Some have older kids, but the rest the are firstborns. I don't think there is such a thing as too old or too young. It is whenever you feel comfy having your kids. Wishing nice easy labors on you April Mommies when your time comes.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.

User Tag List