any other april mommas having a uc? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-01-2004, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I fired the midwife today and was wondering if anyone here was planning on a uc as well.
#2 of 7 Old 12-03-2004, 03:55 AM

We are planning our 2nd UC this April. I am so excited. Congratulations on firing the midwife. It is such a great feeling to be completely responsible for your own birth. There is a wealth of support both on MDC and elsewhere for UC. I am glad there are a few April UC'ers around, its nice to not be the only one

#3 of 7 Old 12-05-2004, 11:29 PM

I wish, but no. This is what I one day hope for. Dh refuses to even consider it. BUt he does have valid reasons. I almost died after dd was born. I hemorraged and passed out for about 10 hours. It was really scary for him. We are 20 minutes from the closest hospital, so it's a no go. Not even a home birth with a midwife. But, at least, I do get to deliver in a birth ceneter, since we are only about 2 minutes from the hospital.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#4 of 7 Old 12-06-2004, 07:35 PM

I asked dh once if he'd be willing, and he said yes, but he felt more comfortable having someone experienced around. It may be something I strongly consider once we decide a) if we like the MW we're meeting for a HB this week and b) if we can actually afford her services.
#5 of 7 Old 12-07-2004, 06:53 PM

Oh I wish we could do uc too. Dh is vehemently opposed to it (read terrified that I'll die and leave him with 2 kids). It's really what I want for this birth but I understand his nervousness so won't push it with this one.

Unfortunately we have no other choice but to go with a Dr. Our birth attendant from Finn's birth is now too much $ for us and the midwives covered by medical won't do a homebirth for us because we're too far from their area. Blah... I'm kind of in denial about the whole thing. Ah well, I'll enjoy hearing how it goes for all of you! I have my secret hope that I'll be able to labour at home long enough that it will be 'too late' (oops) to go to the hospital. hehe.

Laura
#6 of 7 Old 12-08-2004, 01:19 AM

My dh was fearful the first time around too. Thankfully he respects me and my body enough to know that I wouldn't make this choice if I didn't believe it was truly the best choice for me. We made a deal that he would learn more about it, and if he still had reservations we would discuss it again. Once he learned more about WHY I wanted to UC and he discovered that all the info backed me up he was less afraid. This time around he is so relaxed, he loved our last UC (and thought it was SO much better than our hospital experience) and is looking forward to the whole thing again.

I say knowledge is power. Educate your fearful dh, he may surprise you in the end

#7 of 7 Old 12-08-2004, 05:29 AM

Not this time. Eventually we will have a UC. Both previous births I needed their expertise and was glad they were there. Only for the moments we needed them were they involved in the labor and birth. Otherwise it was just me and my husband. Myself and my second baby were not even touched by anyone besides my husband for almost 2 hours after the birth when we got checked. (Except two fingers checking why the amniotic sac was still attatched inside of me...yet my husband was holding the placenta he had just delivered.) My first was birthing with his arm besides his head and was stuck. One midwife moved his arm to the other side of his face and that was the only time he was touched by them for a couple of hours also.

This time we are expecting twins and I'd feel more at ease knowing there was backup. Of course my last labor was only 2hours 20minutes so we might be going unassisted anyway.

We welcomed our 3rd , 7th September 23, 2010!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page