Baby Turned?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-29-2004, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think our baby turned head down last night, but I can't remember if the baby is still flipping around or has settled in a position now. The baby was really quiet all day yesterday and then started moving a lot around 10:00. I slept untill almost 1:00, then was awake the rest of the night with huge intense movements. When I got up this morning, the baby is in a totally different position and my lungs are smashed! On the positive side, I haven't felt is kick on my cervix all day.

What do you think? Did the baby just have an active night and is still flipping around or is she settled in my lungs for the next 14 weeks ?

I should really know this by the 3rd time

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2004, 03:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have no clue what the "experts" may say, but my opinion is, especially being a 3rd timer, that baby still have plenty of room to flip flop around, although it is probably getting crowded. Plus, even if most babies stop flipping, its still possible to flip last minute.
But, I hope yours stays head down, where its supposed to be!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 07:00 PM

Mine flipped at about 24 weeks, and I don't think (s)he has any plans on turning again!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:07 AM

About 2 weeks ago I went for an ultrasound and baby was head down and kicked towards my belly button. In the weeks since, baby has become a gymnast, flipping and boinging around and doing laps! I can feel baby spinning around (weird!) and jut the other night I got thumped in the cervix and in the bladder, so nothing is settled yet, at least not for us here in week 24.

xoxoxoxo

Beth
Old 01-02-2005, 07:55 PM

Mine has definately shifted to a more sideways position, it's a wonderful relief from all that bladder stomping and this one is sitting lower than w/dd1 so so far my ribs and lungs have been spared. I keep reminding myself to enjoy while it lasts.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:53 PM

not this babe. at 25+ weeks i think it turns about 12 times a day. i'll feel something up in my ribs then a second later down by my bikini line then to the left of my belly button then to the right. all in about 30 min. several times a day. this babe will probably come out hopping all over the place
Old 01-03-2005, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, she is not head down, but is in a funny position. I had an ob appt this morning and ended up with a quick ultrasound (to check for growth - I had problems with my last preg and high bp). She is sitting cross legged on my right hip. The tech mentioned that it was an odd position! That explaines the ache in my hip for the last 2 days. The good news is that this baby is measuring well - over a week ahead of dates. The other two girls always measured a day or two behind.

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:39 PM

i had an u/s this morning and as of today this baby is head down. my uterus is still measuring 6 weeks bigger than the baby so there is plenty of room in there. so, the baby is all stretched out, which makes a lot of sense. it's head is not in my pelvis, but down in that area, and then it's feet touch the top of my uterus pretty much. it's not curled into a little ball yet . it was really cute to look at. i think it even opened it's eyes?

i know it's still moving a lot, even during the u/s it moved from facing front to facing back several times and from one side to the other too. i am hoping it stays head down from now on though. the big turns actually take my breath away.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:11 AM

danaalex, i am glad to hear you had a good sonogram and all is well. i have been thinking about it from time to time, knowing you had been worried a bit about the size of your belly. also congrats on your house!

i cant speak for your baby, jessmcg, but my baby has been in the same position for a couple of weeks now, and he had sure BETTER move again before i go into labor. he is sort of diagonal, with his head at my left hip, feet below my right ribs. so he just needs to scooch his head more toward center, and we'll be ready to roll.- oh i just went back and saw your more recent post, glad your baby is looking big and healthy, hope she hops off your hip soon, that does sound painfull.

User Tag List