The Granny Panties came out today... - Mothering Forums
April 2005 > The Granny Panties came out today...
heket's Avatar heket 05:28 AM 02-23-2005
at least they fit now that I'm 32 weeks. :LOL

I was still wearing my fruit of the loom girl boxer shorts, but noticed that I was getting lower back aches. It seems we got bigger and that waistband wasn't riding as well so low as before.

Oh well, it's only for a few more weeks, right?

julesmiel's Avatar julesmiel 12:29 PM 02-23-2005
Oh, yes. I've got those granny panties hiked up! (31 weeks now)

I've noticed that some of my under-the-belly stuff is not so comfortable because my belly pushes it down, making me feel like I'm going to lose my pants! Now I'm starting to feel more comfortable in some of the used items I bought with belly panels.

This is my first pregnancy, so I'm wondering if I'll grow out of the maternity stuff, too? What does one do to stay comfortable during the last couple of months of pregnancy? I'm afraid I might be left with only one or two things to wear! Thinking about running out to the store and buying huge jogging pants... :
Headymama's Avatar Headymama 03:10 PM 02-23-2005
that is too funny. I pulled out a pair of my own this morning
heket's Avatar heket 03:26 PM 02-23-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesmiel
This is my first pregnancy, so I'm wondering if I'll grow out of the maternity stuff, too? What does one do to stay comfortable during the last couple of months of pregnancy? I'm afraid I might be left with only one or two things to wear! Thinking about running out to the store and buying huge jogging pants... :
Some women say yoga and jogging pants is all they live in toward the end. My first pregnancy was during the summer, so for me it was all about dresses (for work) and shorts (at home). I'm not certain this time around, especially since I'm trying to work up until my EDD.

At least those belly panels aren't sagging anymore!
ctdoula's Avatar ctdoula 11:28 PM 02-23-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesmiel

Oh, that's a depressing day... when you outgrow your maternity pants. The ones that were so HUGE a few months ago :LOL It's amazing, but you really do get much bigger in the last few weeks. And restricting clothes just don't cut it.

I'm still wearing prepreg clothes & the giant granny maternity ones. I do find the regular ones slip down a lot, LOL.
danaalex's Avatar danaalex 01:49 PM 02-24-2005
AMY!!!!, you're still in your pre pregnancy clothes? HOW?

my pants are fitting me fine, actually they are too big in the butt and thighs so my mom bought me some pants that fit better, and i'm loving my yoga pants. BUT my medium shirts got way too short. a wonderful friend sent me her large shirts, so i wouldn't have to go shopping, and they are covering that big belly panel all of the way

as for panties. i found out right before xmas that thongs are way more comfortable, to me, than bikinis are. so, i changed out my entire panties wardrobe for thongs. i have never owned the big granny maternity panties. i always just dealt with the annoyance of the bikinis falling down LOL.
JoyAnne's Avatar JoyAnne 02:44 PM 02-24-2005
I would have DIED without my Old Navy yoga pants in medium (two sizes bigger than my norm) that I have been wearing since I was like 12 weeks- they are still the comfiest thing I have to wear and actually look nice- unlike my sweats.

I too went to thongs, strangely enough! I never would have guessed as I never really liked them before- but large thongs are so much comfier than bikinis- and granny pants make my belly itch- maybe cause I am in FL and it is warm? Anything tight on my belly makes it itch now- except the soft belly panels I used to hate.
ctdoula's Avatar ctdoula 07:17 PM 02-24-2005
ROFL DANA!!! I meant prepreg panties, hahahaha. The only prepreg pants I'm still wearing are my XL Old Navy yoga pants.
proudmamanow's Avatar proudmamanow 12:49 AM 02-25-2005
I'm now into overalls I mean they're comfortable, but I have at least 7 more weeks to go! I'm going to be huge! stuff just isn't really fitting. And it was -17 C today, so exposing any flesh is not an option...
Even my belly panel jeans, which I love, barely fit. Many of my work shirts gap at the bottom or expose my belly. I have one pair of pants and one skirt left that have to get me through the next 4 weeks in the office.

at least my winter coat still fits :

bikini panties are still working for me though! I do have a few granny pairs, and they are starting to ride down!!
liamandpipersmama's Avatar liamandpipersmama 05:02 PM 02-25-2005
I have no panties! My nasty dog has eaten the crotch out of all of them :LOL perhaps this is an ok time to buy new! I outgrew a pair of my maternity pants. I got them for a wedding back in november and I tried to wear them the other day and no go! Ohh well - Laura
hawkfeather's Avatar hawkfeather 06:11 PM 02-25-2005
i dont' own panties.. never wear em.. this thread is just reminding me i should get some to wear my babymoon pads..lol
i still wear all my pre pregnancy clothing too.. i got one pair of maternity jeans at the thirft store but i don't like to wear them.. I just wear loose pants and wear them under the belly..i never liked the idea of buying clothing i could only wear for a few months..heh
heket's Avatar heket 06:41 PM 02-25-2005
: : :

You ladies are too much! Be gentle on my full bladder!

I'd love to go commando, but I've never been comfortable doing it at work. Not to mention some days the vaginal discharge just will not allow it. *tmi* Besides, I'm not a thong girl. I've tried, but it's just not happening. For me, it seems to work best to just go commando.

l&pmama: I'm sorry to hear about your "crotch" incident. *snicker* :nana:

wan2bemama: my mom lived her pregnancy w/ my brother in her overalls. It's the only thing she swore by for happiness and comfort.

As for pants that will fit up to the big day, dh's fleece lounging pants! It's been depressing him though, to think that he and his pregnant wife can wear the same pants. Geez! What about for me? He's 6'2" and 220lbs (or so). I'm 5' (almost) 4" and about 168lbs. right now! men...
liawbh's Avatar liawbh 06:57 PM 02-25-2005
I've been wearing all thongs. Most of my pre-preg. still fit, and I have 3 pairs of maternity thong that are the best! But I just realized I should really buy some granny panties or at least maternity bikinis to hold those giant pads. :LOL
julesmiel's Avatar julesmiel 11:26 AM 02-26-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamandpipersmama
I have no panties! My nasty dog has eaten the crotch out of all of them :LOL perhaps this is an ok time to buy new!
: That is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh! :LOL
Up