Anyone else dropped? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-17-2005, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I know it's supposed to be rather normal to drop pretty late if it's not your first baby...but my baby's already dropped. In fact, she dropped almost two weeks ago, right at the beginning of week 33. Is anyone in the same situation? Does anyone know if it means anything...ie, that I might not go to 43 weeks this time? :LOL

Just curious .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 03-17-2005, 09:22 PM

How do you tell? I've been carrying this one pretty low the whole pg.

I'm certain that my first never dropped prior to labor (induced on my due date ) because she sat on my lungs right up to what felt like 10 cm dialation.
#3 of 15 Old 03-17-2005, 10:06 PM

Usually you feel like you can breathe better Simone but your caregiver usually would confirm if you've dropped or not.

Melanie unfortunately from what I've read no it means next to nothing about when you'll go into labor. It's not a bad sign though.

I have not dropped. I don't expect to drop. I'm usually 10cm and start pushing at -1 station. :LOL
#4 of 15 Old 03-17-2005, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses! The main thing I noticed was that I have to pee all the time again, just like the first trimester...I can also feel her head right on the other side of my cervix when I check myself and my belly looks noticeably different. I've been having quite a bit of pelvic pain and feel BH cx mostly in my pelvis, rather than all over. I think I'm measuring smaller, too, since she isn't as high above my belly button anymore.

Wasabi, dern! And you sound like an expert! Guess I won't get my hopes up
#5 of 15 Old 03-18-2005, 02:46 AM

I just read a lot. :LOL Each time I tell myself I am at peace with the fact that I will not go early I will go right around my EDD. Yet each time I find myself hyperanazlying anything that happens to see if it might mean I'm going into labor early. And although I say I expect not to drop I check each picture and compare it to the previous one and to my other pgs to see if it looks lower etc. :LOL
#6 of 15 Old 03-18-2005, 12:49 PM

I was just reading last night in Bradley Method book that dropping gives no indication as to when labor will start, sorry!

I'm due 4/15 (36 weeks today!) and haven't dropped. Gosh, I have to pee all the time now anyways, not sure I'm looking forward to this baby getting any lower!
#7 of 15 Old 03-18-2005, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good question! I posted about this on the main board a few days ago...

When I came into the office this week (my 2nd last week, woohoo!) many of my coworkers commented that they thought the baby had dropped...I wasn't sure as I didn't feel all that different, but then I have been getting up to pee more (minimum 2x a night), and I have been getting more sore, sometimes a bit, sometimes in a 'there's a knife stabbing my cervix!!' sort of way.
And I did feel some crazy movements earlier this week...
So, I went to the midwife's yesterday, and apparently the wee one's head is a bit further down in the pelvis than it was before. According to the midwife, a slow movement downward is pretty normal at this point. She also agrees with some PPs that this can mean anything from 1-6 weeks left!

headymama- I'm due 4/14 and I hear ya! I am suddenly much less comfortable & mobile feeling! Here's hoping some bath and massage help that out! the peeing, I think I just have to deal with...

sorry for the novel
#8 of 15 Old 03-18-2005, 05:05 PM

Would you believe that after posting here yesterday today I heard the words I have never heard in three previous pgs "oh I wouldn't think you had too much longer because it looks like the baby has dropped." I always carry high. People always tell me how huge I am and how high I'm carrying. So this was a shock for me. I've thought I was carrying low for me but now I'm wondering what the midwives will say next week. And I still accept it means nothing about when I'll go into labor I'm just excited to see how it affects the length of labor if you actually have the baby pushing down.
#9 of 15 Old 03-18-2005, 05:19 PM

with my girls i carried high and they never dropped until labor LOL. with this babe i've been carrying low, much lower, and this babe has definitely dropped. i look almost freakish and have sooooooo much pelvic and butt pain. i swear i'm going to look down one of these mornings and see a hand sticking out LOL. "stabbing with a knife" is the perfect description. oh so not fun.

only a couple weeks left, phew!!!!!
#10 of 15 Old 03-19-2005, 01:46 AM

I'm 36 weeks and have been carrying pretty low the whole time. She feels like she dropped some then dropped even more a week later. I just feel her so low and her movement down there is so low it is wierd. It makes me feel like she is gonna come out any minute! My belly also looks different to me.

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#11 of 15 Old 03-19-2005, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaalex
with my girls i carried high and they never dropped until labor LOL. with this babe i've been carrying low, much lower, and this babe has definitely dropped. i look almost freakish and have sooooooo much pelvic and butt pain. i swear i'm going to look down one of these mornings and see a hand sticking out LOL. "stabbing with a knife" is the perfect description. oh so not fun.
YUP!
Exactly the pain I've been having more intensely these last few days. It started slow, and by last night I was crying because I couldn't move. Mine is coupled with round ligament pain -- no fun.
#12 of 15 Old 03-25-2005, 01:34 AM

My boss (where I teach classes) AND a woman who waxed my eyebrows tonight both said "I'd dropped". My boss, I could understand, I saw her last week. But the other woman, I'd never met her before.

I can't tell if I've dropped or not, LOL.
#13 of 15 Old 03-25-2005, 04:08 PM

Baby moved down a bit almost 2 weeks ago, at 34 weeks. I was able to breathe again! yay! I've been carrying pretty low this whole time, but I still felt the difference. My MW said baby wasn't all the way down yet. I don't like saying "dropped" - it sounds violent :-\

I've also been feeling more cervix pressure and that happy little stabbing feeling, and pins n needles too!

I can't believe I still have about another month - 6 weeks!

xoxoxoxo

Beth
#14 of 15 Old 03-25-2005, 04:18 PM

No dropping here yet, which is a big difference from my pregnancy with DD - she dropped around 33 weeks. But I'm not having the difficulty breathing this time like I did before DD dropped... I think this kiddo's sticking out more and just sitting very differently.

Well, I've only got 10 days or so till my EDD, so I'm not feeling like this guy's gonna drop any time soon. And if he did, I don't know how my bladder could hold *anything*!
#15 of 15 Old 03-26-2005, 05:37 PM

My 2nd didn't drop until I was in labor, but this baby dropped around 32 weeks and it is really down there. I'm carrying LOW and it is very very sore! Walking HURTS so bad!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page