I want my baby to come out!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 03-25-2005, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay - so I am really over it now. My belly is soooo heavy. The heartburn really sucks. Mentally I have had a real hard time being pregnant since december with loads of anxiety. I am just ready to give birth already.

It doesn't help that my girlfriend with a due date 2 days before mine (april 13th) had her baby yesterday, her first one, with a three hour long labor start to finish! I am so jealous! Me - nothing no mucus plug gone - nada. I have intermittent contrax but I am not even sure about those. I really am happy for her...... and I am not jealous in an yucky nasty way - just in an ~ a booo hooo hooo ~ I wish it was me way.

And I know they say a watched uterus doesn't do a damn thing......but I swear I am totally obsessing over every little push and pull down there.

I have started my evening primrose and some homeopathic remedies prescribed by my acupuncturist. Even with that I am really thinking about things like streching the cervix and sweepinng the membranes. Generally I am very anti-intervention but I am really not sure I can make it 3 weeks or more (my first was a week late). Anyone else feeling the same?

P.S. Does anyone know if nipple stimulation is only good during labor or can it be used to stimulate labor too?
#2 of 22 Old 03-25-2005, 09:40 PM

i'm right there with you, goodcents. i'm the last of five friends who were all pregnant together. and i'm soooo ready. even though i know once out the baby will be more work than she is now!

also, i'm facing a possible induction because of my blood pressure. so, i'm really, really, really wanting to go into labor naturally as possible.

i've been doing epo and dr christophers for the last couple weeks trying to get things ready and going. and, walking daily (for the bp and to get that baby pushing on my cervix), and i cut up an pineapple today and i might eat the whole thing, i've told dh that he's got to do his part (if you know what i mean), and it's a full moon!!

of course, i expect to wake up tomorrow morning just as pregnant as i am now with nothing going on down there.
#3 of 22 Old 03-25-2005, 09:46 PM

OH, me too. I've about had it with the heartburn, the hip pain, and the assorted aches.
#4 of 22 Old 03-25-2005, 09:50 PM

I never come to this board but saw your post on the first page. Welcome to my club! :LOL
I am due April 13th and am soooo wanting this baby out and NOW! Every time I bend over I either vomit or feel like I will which is no fun when chasing a toddler all day. I was 2 weeks overdue with Maya and refuse to go that long again. Her pregnancy was breeze and this one has been one issue after the next, including multiple terms of bedrest and previa.
I feel for you, I really do. I just found my EPO which I thought I was out of and it's going in tonight. I may even lay in bed all day tomorrow while my husband is home and use some more.
For the record, I am not excited about inducement but right now my aches, pains and swelling outweigh everything else.
#5 of 22 Old 03-25-2005, 09:51 PM

I'm not due until the 10th but dh is on spring break this week and it would be so nice if the baby came (although not until tomorrow because then my mom will be here). If only we could choose the time convenient for us hey!I have read that women who stimulated the their nipples for 3 minutes a day in the 39th week were like 80% more likely to give birth before week 40 than women who didn't. So go for it!
#6 of 22 Old 03-25-2005, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupineperriwinkle
I just found my EPO which I thought I was out of and it's going in tonight. I may even lay in bed all day tomorrow while my husband is home and use some more.
What's EPO? :
#7 of 22 Old 03-26-2005, 12:31 AM

Evening primrose oil! I learned about it not that long ago from the ladies here and my mid-wife just mentioned at our visit yesterday.

Anyway, I am so ready to have my baby too. I saw this:
Quote:
It doesn't help that my girlfriend with a due date 2 days before mine (april 13th) had her baby yesterday
and was like not fair! I'm due the 13th too. Everything is all set. House is clean, babies room is ready, have all my supplies. I feel good today and got enough sleep. Right NOW would be a perfect time! Tonight, not tommorow but going into labor now would be sooo nice.

Sigh, it doesn't help we are going to the in-law's tommorow and everyone always asks "How much longer!?" I told hubby he should just make an announcement when we walk in the door exactly how long I have left so nobody will bother me.

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#8 of 22 Old 03-26-2005, 01:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i'm really getting that way too. I was just checked yesterday, and doc said, my cervix was really long and rock hard. I know that doesn't mean anything, I guess it kind of makes me feel better in a way though, I'm not expecting anything soon. Its hard once you hit 38wks you think, ok, term, lets have this over with now. Anyways, I know how you feel.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#9 of 22 Old 03-26-2005, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qerratsmom
I have read that women who stimulated the their nipples for 3 minutes a day in the 39th week were like 80% more likely to give birth before week 40 than women who didn't. So go for it!
really? does nursing count? I hope so, LOL.

I'm there with you ladies. With my 1st pregnancy, I was never ready. Even on my due date. Even days after my due date.

This time, 37w hit, and i was ready, LOL. I'm in No way considering it (and my bp was 116/56 this week) but I can totally see how/why women think induction is a great thing. I'm having a bunch of ctx here & there, so I'm hoping they do something, LOL.
#10 of 22 Old 03-26-2005, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

PHEW!!!! It is not just me. Stilll bunch of cramps and contraction-y type things but nothing else.

My house is pretty clean - clean enough that I wouldn't care if I had the baby :LOL. I would like to get through my kitchen cabinets and a hall closet before the little one comes but think that would make a good early labor project too.

Walked far in the botanical gardens today. Lots of pushing on the cervix there - but as you can see I am still here.
#11 of 22 Old 03-26-2005, 09:16 PM

I don't believe that about nipple stim honestly. I've known too many women who nursed through their pgs and went fullterm or late. I pumped regularly starting at 36 weeks along with EPO and drinking RRL tea and sex and walking etc. I did none of those things except walking with my first two. I delivered #3 right on time just like my first two. I don't believe any of those things is supposed to actually serve as an induction mechanism just ripening and toning and getting things ready. If your body is totally ready to go then they might kick things off but not if your body/baby isn't ready. I can relate.

I'm due the 14th and I'm pretty ready to go too. I started EPO yesterday but I'm just hoping it helps things move quickly when it is time. I have no real expectations of going early given my past history. It does suck though that it's a rare morning when I can brush my teeth without vomiting or sleep through the night without waking to acid in my throat. Being pg just pretty much sucks in that last month or so. I'm trying to tell myself that this may be my last pg so I should enjoy it but it's hard.
#12 of 22 Old 03-26-2005, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
it's a rare morning when I can brush my teeth without vomiting
I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad to know i'm not the only one vomiting when brushing teeth. makes me want to not even put the toothbrush in there. i've learned to spit, spit, spit frequently and it helps a lot.
#13 of 22 Old 03-27-2005, 09:10 AM

aprildawn, you mentioned that you cut up and ate a pineapple today... does that have some sort of significance regarding going into labor?? ......'cause i coincidentally did the same thing today.
#14 of 22 Old 03-27-2005, 11:43 AM

well, i had really hoped that this weekend would be it for me. full moon and all. both of my girls can right around the full moon. everyonce in awhile i think, " oh, this might be it," but then the action stops .

i'm DONE being preggo. i don't want to be like this anymore LOL. i went early with both of my girls and i was praying to go early this time too. unfortunately i guess the baby has other ideas. i am serious irritated MOST of the time. my patience is dwindling with my family and my temper is starting to flare, which is just NOT me. i can barely walk without pain due to the baby being so low, and i have to pee like 5 million times a day.

today is easter and it's SOOO cold here. DH says it's supposed to warm up later today though. we went to the zoo yesterday and NOTHING. it was freezing so we didn't stay too long. just long enough to collect some easter eggs and see the easter bunny.

littlebeagle, are you at all nervous, worried, freaking out......etc...... about how you are going to care for a new baby on top of your other two? i know i am . i posted about the breastfeeding part, because that is what has concerned me the most. i have NO CLUE how i'm going to do it........... so, i think that is part of the reason this baby isn't coming out. he/she knows i'm terrified, and is waiting until i'm more at peace.

here's hoping some mommas had their babes this weekend!!!!!!!
#15 of 22 Old 03-27-2005, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebeagle
aprildawn, you mentioned that you cut up and ate a pineapple today... does that have some sort of significance regarding going into labor?? ......'cause i coincidentally did the same thing today.
yeah. pineapple contains bromeline which can cause contractions. i had heard that somewhere else, and a friend of mine who is chinese said it's something they do in china to help women go into labor. i didn't end up eating the whole thing. instead i've been pigging out on birthday cakes from parties dd#1 has been going to this weekend. now i'm worried i've turned my nice baby into a huge mammoth of a baby from eating too much sugar over the weekend!!!!!

also, the pineapple has to be fresh. canning or juicing kills the enzyme. plus, i just don't think there's enough in the pineapple to make much of anything happen. but, heck, why not give it a try?
#16 of 22 Old 03-28-2005, 05:08 PM

Oh I love fresh pinapple! Not sure I can even find it in the stores up here though! I worked out for an hour, shoveled snow out of the dog yard, and spent the rest of the day cleaning my bedroom and nope, nothing not even BH ctx.

Sunday I was so sore after all that exercize that I spent the afternoon napping on the couch while dd watched TV.
#17 of 22 Old 03-28-2005, 09:36 PM

I'm getting sore, and having trouble sleeping, and feel fairly ready for the birth...
BUT as a first timer, I have to say I'd be really okay with going to my due date or even a bit beyond...it doesn't help that dw has to work until April 22nd and then is off all summer...and I JUST started my mat leave...I'd like a couple of days off to get some more cooking and cleaning done etc....

labour vibes to all who want them though!!!
#18 of 22 Old 03-28-2005, 11:44 PM

Ha ha, now it begins...the looong wait. I'm due April 11, but I went nearly 43 weeks with dd, so I'm just putting it out of my mind. It could be another 5 weeks for me, aieee! I just about drove myself bananas waiting for dd, and I am going to try really hard not to do that this time. Easier said than done, though. Distracting myself with lots of reading and cleaning.
#19 of 22 Old 03-31-2005, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

everyone like my new signature line? :LOL
#20 of 22 Old 03-31-2005, 11:20 AM

#21 of 22 Old 03-31-2005, 12:00 PM

Well I've got contraction action and it's getting me nowhere! I see my midwife at 12:30 for my weekly non stress test so I will see what she (and the machine) says.
#22 of 22 Old 03-31-2005, 11:47 PM

My midwife suggests alot of sex in the last month ...if you in the mood though :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page