Anyone NOT ready? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-29-2005, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not. Mentally, I'm not ready. Physically, not ready. Logistically, not ready.

With DD, I was ready. I was in pain, I'd been off work for a week, and I kept standing/walking so she'd just come out.

At this point, I have only discomfort, not pain . . .I'm recovering from stress from the last few months (and a cold) . . .and I just wanna relax ( :LOL sure, with a 3 y.o.!) before the baby comes. It's weird, BECAUSE I feel this way, I feel so confident that the baby will not come early (I'm due mid April). I have had zero cramping, just a lot of BH, which means nothing to me, and no sign that it will be anytime soon. I went about 2 weeks early with DD, but I almost wonder if this one will be late!

I guess I also know that as tired as I am now, it is no comparison to being tired with a newborn and a toddler. And discomfort . . .ack . . .for me, the hardest part of PG with DD was the fourth trimester! Leaking, bleeding more than the average woman, learning to breastfeed (and dealing with the painful effects of doing it wrong/DD having a bad latch and small mouth), having a tear that wasn't healing for 2 months, hormones, being exhausted . . .

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#2 of 12 Old 03-29-2005, 09:28 AM

My feelings about it change from day to day...sometimes even hour to hour, lol! I have the house ready, the nursery ready & my bag packed but I am just soooo scared to go through all that pain. At least the 1st time around you have a sense of ignorance about what is going to really happen. But once you've done it, you know what it's like & I think it's even scarier :

I'm 36 wks 3 days & have been scouring boards & the internet looking for all natural ways to get this labor started & get the baby out. Then I sit here & think - ya know, why am I trying to rush this? We aren't planning on having any more kids..I should just relax and enjoy my last few weeks of being pregnant.

Plus I always find comfort in my husband & mother, who have the same line for me.... It will all work out in the end. Everything will be fine & happen the way it should.

"Ready" vibes coming your way

Christina
SAHM to "Wild Man" Brendan 6.6.03
Baby Boy due 4.23.05 boy:
#3 of 12 Old 03-29-2005, 09:57 AM

I am really enjoying nesting right now- getting everything ready and cleaning. In that sense, I'm not ready... I want to finish my nesting and then rest for a week and then I think I'll hit that ready and anxious phase. I'm due April 19th and I'm still pretty comfy in my pg belly... no rush... yet
#4 of 12 Old 03-29-2005, 11:39 AM

yeah, I'm with you! Today is my first day of mat leave, and it is sooooooooooo good to have some time off. I just started doing hypnobirthing tapes, and I want to do yoga, and I've got lots of stuff I want to do before the wee one arrives....so I could definitely wait a few more weeks.... and as a first timer, that's likely anyway!
plus-I do really like being pg, aches & pains aside....
#5 of 12 Old 03-29-2005, 11:54 PM

I'm in NO rush -- I'm not due til the end of the month... my older two were born the day before their due dates... I am very hopeful that this pregnancy will follow that pattern. I am ready for at least a month of more pregnancy -- I LIKE being pregnant and I really just want to enjoy that for a while yet.
#6 of 12 Old 03-30-2005, 12:00 AM

Well I'm somewhere in the middle because I do not want to be pg anymore AND I don't want to have to take care of a newborn just yet. Soooo... I think I'm leaning more towards having a newborn so I wont be pg anymore. I dont think I want to be pg ever again. Not that I'm that uncomfortable... I just want my old me back.
#7 of 12 Old 03-30-2005, 01:28 AM

I am SO not ready. I have a stack of projects to finish up, a ton of cleaning to do, and I am just not mentally *there* yet. I think first-timers are usually much more anxious, and the more kids you have the longer you are content to wait :LOL I am physically very uncomfortable, and chasing after 2 young children in this condition certainly isn't easy, but I also clearly remember how much easier babies are to care for when they are inside instead of out, so I think it is a worthwhile tradeoff. I am certainly hoping to go 40+ weeks again with #3!! Of course just because I am NOT ready (for a change) I will probably give birth tonight :LOL

#8 of 12 Old 03-30-2005, 02:18 AM

One day I'm ready and one day I'm not. Some days I am halfway ready. For example I will be totally ready emotionally for her to come and my mind is totally ready but I think..."I have too much work to get done today, she needs to wait, but...I want her to come." Other days the house is perfect, I am rested, but emotionally I'm not ready. There are those days where I worry too much and think, "I can't believe we are gonna be parents! That is nuts!" So, it goes back and forth. I do have a feeling about when she is coming though....we'll see if I'm right. I have a feeling I will go into labor on the 4th and she will arrive on the 5th. It would be crazy if I was right! I knew a month before I got pregnant I would get pregnant soon and it would be a girl. Sure enough....feelings....crazy things.

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#9 of 12 Old 03-30-2005, 08:56 AM

I am extremely unprepared. I still have a ton of baby stuff from showers to wash and put away, just got a crib mattress yesterday, and the house is a wreck. LOL. Still, if he came today I know everything would get done....

however...I seriously doubt he will be here today or the day after or the day after. LOL.

Pamela
edd 4/19
#10 of 12 Old 03-30-2005, 12:14 PM

With my first I'd wake up every day thinking "Oh please, TODAY!! Let today be the day!"
With my second I'd wake up every morning thinking "Oh please, NOT TODAY! I have too much to do."
With my third (this one) I wake up every day thinking "It cannot be morning. I don't want to be awake yet" LOL
#11 of 12 Old 03-31-2005, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebeagle
Well I'm somewhere in the middle because I do not want to be pg anymore AND I don't want to have to take care of a newborn just yet.
OMG, I could've posted this exact line! But I'm leaning toward staying pregnant for now. Maternity leave is begins 3 weeks from this Saturday, the house isn't quite done from the Spring Cleaning/ nesting phase I'm in, and I'm still getting over this stupid cold. The is getting more active and I'm still having BH, but no major pains. Every now and again I think we're having a growth spurt because my round ligament pain kicks in. Otherwise, no major pains yet. My MW told me yesterday that we haven't dropped yet. So I guess this pregnancy I'm just carrying way lower than last time.

Quote:
I dont think I want to be pg ever again. Not that I'm that uncomfortable... I just want my old me back.
I totally know what you're talking about. I've been missing my old body
since 7 months. Not to mention, I want to have some quality time with dh, but he can't seem to get past the kids part to do it. So it would be nice just to have a day off to be me, run away with him for a few hours, and pick it all up again.
#12 of 12 Old 03-31-2005, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelfqueen
With my first I'd wake up every day thinking "Oh please, TODAY!! Let today be the day!"
With my second I'd wake up every morning thinking "Oh please, NOT TODAY! I have too much to do."
With my third (this one) I wake up every day thinking "It cannot be morning. I don't want to be awake yet" LOL
: :

It's nice to see other moms commiserate.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page