Getting sick at the end? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-30-2005, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Although I had pretty intense morning sickness from week 6 to week 29 of the pregnancy, I've just enjoyed a blissful break of wonderful eating and weight gain with absolutely no sickness for about a month-and-a-half.

Sooo...I was less than thrilled last night when the nausea and vomiting came back. This is my first child, so I'm not sure if I can expect this to continue. (I'm in the middle of week 36 right now.) Anyone else experiencing nausea or appetite problems?
#2 of 10 Old 03-30-2005, 10:58 AM

I had one day of nausea a couple weeks ago. But my MWs ask about this every visit. Not sure why, but it may be a sign of something. Have you talked to your s?
#3 of 10 Old 03-30-2005, 11:33 AM

I've been waking up once in a while the past couple weeks with some nausea. I read somewhere that it is a sign your body's hormonal changes getting ready for labor. Not sure if this is true.
#4 of 10 Old 03-30-2005, 01:18 PM

I've heard both that it's not unusual for nausea to come back in the 3rd tri and that it's a sign of labour (though I think that's more really intense, both ends, if you know what I mean).

In any case to you!
#5 of 10 Old 03-30-2005, 02:19 PM

I am not due until early May but I have been having some slight nausea here and there and my appetite has decreased. I just got checked yesterday and everything is still closed in nice and tight. So, I do not think it is a sign of labor - for me.
#6 of 10 Old 03-30-2005, 02:26 PM

Wow, I thought it was just me. I've been nauseaus off & on for a week+. I asked the MW if she thought it meant anything today & she said "maybe you're pregnant, do you want to take a pregnancy test" :LOL
#7 of 10 Old 03-30-2005, 03:01 PM

i know i was praying not to get sick.. the nigth my wters broke two of my children had violent flus..they ended up at grammas so we could try and prevent spread as much as possible..
but even than it was hard to distinguish as, i totally felt nauseous and wasn't hungry as well.. i think that is failry normal!
#8 of 10 Old 03-31-2005, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all your replies!

Well, it wasn't labor, as the baby is still snuggled inside. And thankfully, most of the nausea seems to have abated for now. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to eat and would start to lose weight like before, but as long as I take it easy and I'm careful about what I'm eating, everything seems to be okay.

My midwife and her assistant are coming for the home visit on Saturday, so I'll mention it to them, too. Thanks again for your support.
#9 of 10 Old 03-31-2005, 11:20 PM

Julie, I have this sometimes, too-- randomly. DH told me I should tell the MWs. I told him that, as with most PG discomforts, there was probably little they could do!

I'm glad you're feeling better!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#10 of 10 Old 04-01-2005, 04:11 PM

i was having some nausea the last 2-3 weeks before i delivered. my doctor told me it was my fluctuating hormones. i was throwing up and had trouble getting my teeth brushed w/o gagging or vomiting on tues when i was in labor.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page