The First April Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 287 Old 04-14-2005, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hear ya, Lia!! Today is my EDD--which really shouldn't mean anything!! But we have now changed our phone msg to say 'no baby yet!' OTOH, I like chatting with everyone, it's a good distraction

to all us waiting mamas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 287 Old 04-14-2005, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here I am at 10 days past my EDD and I am feeling NOTHING even remotely like labor could be starting. No sign of my plug, no contractions stronger/more painful than BH. I'm actually pretty comfortable right now, other than the baby making it tough to take a full breath. He gets super active in the evenings, and I can't believe how much those kicks hurt! We sat and watched his leg or foot moving across my belly for a while - it was entertaining, even if it hurt.

I think I'll be taking some castor oil on Saturday if the baby hasn't indicated that he's interested in coming out by then. I am an emotional wreck and am getting really tired of people pestering me. Most of the people asking after me don't bother me, but I have one friend who's driving me absolutely batty, and my mom is bugging me as well. If I sent the phone directly to voice mail, everyone would assume we were having the baby, and I don't want to do that. Maybe he'll come tonight and I won't have to think about it anymore.

*Sigh*
#123 of 287 Old 04-14-2005, 11:35 PM

Hi ladies,

Tomorrow is my EDD, who knows when the baby will arrive! On Monday night I was having contractions but I never got past the 5-7 min range. I've felt nothing since then. What a frustrating experience, lol.

I was just wondering what are some of the signs of early labor? I had a huge burst of energy on Sat night and was up playing cards with friends past midnight without any yawning (plus I cleaned all day too). But now I'm feeling lazy and tired again.

Someone mentioned loss of appetite, I'm kind of feeling that too. No real interest in food other than just trying to get things that are good for me. Also someone mentioned their body cleaning it self out. Is that normal to have a increase in BMs before labor starts? Seems like that is happening as well. I've had some slight crampy feelings today.

I guess this all means we are getting close, but gosh the waiting is hard. My mom is in town and we are planning a trip to the zoo tomorrow with my 3.5 yr old. That should be a nice day out of the house, and like someone said, it's a trip I won't be taking for a few weeks/months.

I hope we get a good round of labor vibes going soon! Jess I'll be thinking about you, 10 days past EDD is a tough place!!! ((((come on babies))))

deanna
#124 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 01:02 AM

10 days, sorry about that. Makes me feel guilty for being so impatient after just one day. :

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#125 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 01:26 AM

NAK so I can't type much.

Just wanted to let you know that Moira Clare was born on Wednesday, April 13 at 4:50 a.m. I will write out my story in more detail soon, but I will say (esp. to help 1st time moms have hope!) that I felt NO cramping all day Tuesday . . .no signs that labor would be starting. By 10 p.m., I had some cramping. Things picked up at 3 a.m. (contractions 3 min. apart), got to the hospital at about 3:50, and she was born within the hour.

I have been thinking about you all, hoping for peaceful births for you all!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#126 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 09:42 AM

Congratulations, Elena! Moira is a beautiful name. Can't wait to see pictures!

I had some cramping all night and lost my plug after having sex with DH this morning. Maybe we'll have a tax day baby! :LOL
#127 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 10:00 AM

Thank you, Jess! It sounds like things are really getting moving!

I keep checking for updates from all . . .hoping the quiet board means mamas are busy having their babies!

#128 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 11:15 AM

YAY Elena!!! :

: Moira --and I agree, what a beautiful name and what beautiful girls! Sounds like a great & quick birth.

jessikate to you --10 days late, eh? I know I'm already going a bit stir-crazy, so I can only imagine. OTOH, all those signs sound VERY promising!!!

No news here, really. The mw just came by our house for a very mild & gentle stretch & sweep--actually I think it was more of a massage since I'm not dilated at all, . (I know they're somewhat controversial on MDC, but she swears by them and is very gentle and I felt only mild discomfort). All is well....I will see her again for a regular appt on Monday....she's predicting the baby will come on Tuesday (but mostly kidding, as other than her experience, I don't think there's much to predict). She's away this weekend, but the backup mw is really cool (also a lesbian mom) so I'm okay with that.
#129 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 11:19 AM

Well, I woke up at 2 am with crampy contractions, 7 minutes apart, too strong to sleep through. I got up and had som RRL tea, and timed them. THey stayed 5-10 min apart until about 3:45, then, I fell asleep on the couch, and now, nothing! Aargh.
#130 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 11:43 AM

Yay! congrats Miz!! What a beautiful name she was given!

I'm feeling good about today, tonight, tomorrow.... I'm crampy and have contractions... and I have less of a desire to veg out. I've done things like packing the diaper bag in such a way it is ready for others to take the girls somewhere. I've been cleaning and settling up the household stuff so it is set for others to take over for awhile. I don't know if it is intuition or hope though :LOL

I'm going upstairs now to get the guest room ready for brother and SIL who are coming to town tomorrow night to help with the older two girls. Take a shower and see where these pains go
#131 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 12:08 PM

Congrats to Miz! Moira, sounds like another good Irish name
#132 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 12:21 PM

I have another 10 days until my EDD, but I'm not in any particular rush. I had a HUGE burst of energy last week- cleaned nonstop from 7pm - 2am. I thought I'd be horribly sore the next day, but I just slept till noon and when I got up, I was fine- not a single ache! Weird- when I cleaned for our new year's eve party back in december, I was in a world of hurt for days after.

My sleep has also improved. I wake up around 5am and 8am to use the bathroom, but that's about it. I get some pretty solid sleep (knock on wood!). I haven't slept this well this whole pregnancy. I think my sleep improved after my cleaning session because I had been waiting to get it all done. I even hyper-organized my birth kit. I took one of the MDC mom's advice and organized everything into paper bags which I labelled so I don't have to play traffic cop during the event.

DH and I interviewed a pediatrician today. Actually she's a family practice doc and we like her so much we're going to see her too

I've been having BH for months now, but this past week they seem to get more intense around midnight/1am, but nothing worth noting. I think the occasional pms-y feeling is just intestinal. I've been eating a lot of big salads lately.

So on one hand, I think I'm mentally in for the long haul, but on the other, I'm excited for things to start! I'm getting annoyed at "friends" who call just to ask if baby is here (as if I wouldn't tell them) and then saying things like "I think baby is coming early" That makes me angry! My reply: "Baby can come neither early nor late, only on time. Baby doesn't read a calendar."

DH is getting annoyed by people at work pestering him. He complained about it today but I had no sympathy- I asked him to imagine strangers on the street asking him questions. The first one is when are you due. I always say "When baby is ready." How come the next question is always "Is this your first?" WTF? What if I said this was #9? What would the response be? is it more or less special for this to be #1 or #10? Sheesh. My response: "I wonder why people always ask invasive questions like that."

Anyway, sorry to go on and on, I'm just today.

Hugs and happy birth vibes to everyone!

xoxoxo

Beth
#133 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congrats to all the new babies!

Welcome Moira - what a fast birth!

jessikate - Hope you are off having that babe! If not, hang in there, it will happen soon. I went 5 days over with my first and con not imagine being this far over. My mom went 12-20 days "late" with all of us, so I know that baby will eventually come out!

Boof - we use a FP doc too and I LOVE her. She is very laid back and easy to get an appt with because many people don't like her laid back, no need to medicate style. . We had a pediatrician for the first year with dd#1 and it was awful. I always reccomoned a fp doc.

Speaking of doc and an update on us .
I took Lillian to a WBC yesterday. SHe is 5 weeks old and weighed 9lb 1 oz. Considering that her due date was only 11 days ago that is huge! Both my other girls were very slow gainers (part of the problem with dd#1's doc) so the big baby hting is new to us. The doc looked at her (no poking-prodding) and asked me how I thought she was. She then asked if I was getting any sleep, then said, "Oh ya, you sleep with your babies - your probably fine " Her first question was to ask what cool new diapers I had brought with me.

Baby dust and easy labor vibes to those waiting and happy babymoon to those with new ones!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#134 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 05:08 PM

Jessmcg: Wow, sounds like you have a really nice doc. Very cool.

I hope jessikate has had her baby! 10 days would drive me nutty I think. What would it be now? 11? 12?

I'm being so impatient myself! Maybe just cuz its my first....never been a mom before and I can't wait. I have started having nightmares about the baby and that is not cool. I haven't really been worrying either so don't know what that is all about...oh well.

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#135 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 06:45 PM

Nope, I'm still here - it all petered out again. : Maybe things will pick up tonight... I just talked to my midwife and she has been warned to expect a call from me in the middle of the night, probably. I hope.
#136 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 07:40 PM

More labor vibes to all the moms ready to hold their babies! I know how it is, it will happen, I promise
#137 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 11:18 PM

Oh Jess you must be climbing the walls by now. Hope things get moving soon. I did use castor oil with my last pg and was in active labor within 12 hour whether that was just my time or the oil I'm not sure. Definitely worth it to me.

Jesse if you're not dilated at all then it defintiely sounds more just like a massage because if you aren't open then she can't possibly get fingers in there to sweep and trust me you'd not have described it as "gentle" if she was trying to wiggle in there when you're closed tight. Ouch!

Lia I'm in the same boat as you. I've been downing a pg tea that I have that is RRL, nettles and alfalfa by the quart and yet here I sit still pg.

Last night I was having some good strong contrax every five minutes for about two hours. I knew this was not it but it felt a lot like I did the night before I went to bed and woke up in active labor with DD so I was hoping to wake up in active labor today. Alas that did not happen. I had my appointment today and went ahead and had my first internal. My rationale was that I had refused them thus far so I wouldn't get my hopes up and have my head messed with but at this point having had all three of my kids within a day or two of their EDDs I am already expecting to have her any time now. So having an exam and being dilated wouldn't really change that and I wanted to know if those contrax last night did anything. I was 2cm and 50% effaced. For me that's pretty good since I usually don't dilate or efface at all until very shortly before I go into labor. So I'm feeling the odds are pretty good that it will be this weekend or early next week. Definitely keeping up my oils and tea. My mom arrives tomorrow and at that point I might consider a few more natural induction remedies. I figure they won't work if she's not ready but if something helps these contrax get a bit more regular then what's the harm.

Congrats Elena! Wow what a well behaved little girl waiting just long enough for you to pass your orals! :LOL
#138 of 287 Old 04-15-2005, 11:57 PM

Popping in from the Feb moms group to say a huge congratulations to Elena! Beautiful pictures! What a nice pic of Fiona and new sister Moira. Hope everyone is doing well!
Lesley
#139 of 287 Old 04-16-2005, 01:00 AM

Congrats Elena and welcome to the world Moira

Jessikate, hang in there mama!! I was 14 or 15 days "over" with #1 and only 5 days over with #2. I am telling people not to get worked up just yet as I will probably go till May :LOL The last few days/weeks can be so emotionally and physically draining.

I have more and more intense contractions, but nothing to get too excited about. I feel pretty good about it all though. I finally got the van cleaned out and the rest of the soakers lanolized so I am feeling pretty prepared at least. Just 2 appt. next week for ds#1 and some sewing to get finished and I will be totally done all I wanted to accomplish before this one arrives. I am counting on a full moon baby though, so I still have a week to go. Good thing too, I am still making appts. and plans till late next week so I can't give birth early

Hope all those waiting anxiously to meet their babies give birth soon and those of us hoping for a little more time get the time we need

#140 of 287 Old 04-16-2005, 11:44 AM

Cleaning the van is the last thing left on my list- I think I'm gonna send DH to do it today.

Whatever that was yesterday, it wasn't labor- everything ended after I went to sleep. Oh well- maybe next week
#141 of 287 Old 04-16-2005, 01:17 PM

Congratulations, Elena!!

I'm 38w, 6d today. I was woken up with a contraction this morning and have been having cramping and light contractions since...they're pretty strong at the moment, but that's probably from nursing my toddler, lol. I can still hope, though, right?
#142 of 287 Old 04-16-2005, 07:21 PM

still here...still no baby.
Phone calls have started in earnest (we had 9 yesterday!) but today it has been relatively quiet. We went for a long walk this morning & I got some promising looking mucus and some bhs but I kind of overdid it and can barely walk around the house now!! I did manage to get to the grocery store (each time I go I think, this will be it for a while!) with dw and had more bhs, but they stop whenever I sit down. oh well!

I'm trying to make lots of plans with friends next week so I don't go to crazy...I'm with you sarajane, even though it's normal to be late, and I'm only a bit late, I'm going crazy!

dw and I are doing fun things, she's sewed me a bunch of postpartum cloth pads, I put together a box for the baby's room, and I think we will henna my hair shortly.

to all those with stopping & starting contractions! and to all the rest of us waiting for baby....!

PS-Ok, so I just got off the phone with my much loved grandmother, who is 86, and apparently she was 4 weeks late with my mom (her first)! And I was (supposedly) 6 weeks late--and I was my mom's first! ACK! ok, so, they may have had the dates wrong....I hope!!!
#143 of 287 Old 04-16-2005, 07:24 PM

Mucus . . .barely able to walk???? Jesse, it's gonna be SOON and I bet fast!!!!

#144 of 287 Old 04-16-2005, 07:27 PM

thanks Miz!! I really hope so!!!
#145 of 287 Old 04-17-2005, 12:13 AM

hi everyone.

hope all you past dates can get on with it soon. i know dates mean little to the babe growing inside, and i know that in spite of that, it can be especially agonizing to wait after that EDD comes and goes. i was two days past my edd with dd, and i tell you, those were horrible days. anyone bold enough to come near me was lucky to live.

well, i have a mother blessing tomorrow, so tonight is one night i am NOT hoping to go into labor.

so much prelabor around here. geeze. last sunday night i thought might actually be it, my contractions got serious, and i couldnt stop pacing circles around the living room. ever since then, i have been having lots of braxton hicks- of course i've also been walking a lot, and some stronger contractions too. several times unable to walk or stand all the way up for a few minutes.
and on wednesday i got out of my car, and couldnt walk. like, not a step. i just stood in the parking lot of dd's dance class frozen for at least five minutes, trying to look casual- because it wasnt contractions stoppping me, but some shooting pain in the front of my yoni. i sure didnt want anyone to ask if i was ok, or what was happening. kind of awkward to explain. anyone else have pain right in front and above the vagina?

anyway, i think i'll be in prelabor forever. i didnt have any with dd. none.

and of course stupid comments from well meaning strangers have begun in earnest. i used to wish folks would ask about the pregnancy. now i wish they'd just pretend they didnt notice.
#146 of 287 Old 04-17-2005, 01:01 AM

Sunbaby, that sounds like your pubic bone has begun to separate. Lucky you Just think of it as your body getting a little more ready to give birth - the relaxin is kicking in more and causing your pelvic ligaments to loosen, letting your pubic bone start to separate. I've had that pubic bone pain for ages, but really only while I'm lying down (most of the time, anyhow). It should go back to normal and pain-free after your baby's born, but sometimes it takes a while to do so (a couple months for me, after DD's birth). You should consider consulting with a chiropractor experienced in working with pregnant and postpartum women - that's been a lifesaver for me. Plus, chiropractors can find those fun spots that can help bring on labor.

Thanks to everyone for the positive thoughts. I'm still pregnant but thinking more and more that I WILL have this baby eventually. There's been more mucus plug lost (though none since around noon) and tiny little spots of blood occasionally. I find I keep having contractions if I'm in motion, so I'm sitting on my birth ball and rocking back and forth. My butt's starting to fall asleep, though. : We filled up the pool, so that's one less thing for me to worry about if my labor kicks in hard and fast (which would be kind of nice, after all this piddling about). Luckily for me, the baby's in a great position - he's had his back slightly to the left of my bellybutton for quite a while now, and he's very low in my pelvis. DD was posterior, so this is much more pleasant and a new experience. I just wish I knew what was keeping him in there...

I'm heading to bed. Hopefully I can talk DH into joining me.
#147 of 287 Old 04-17-2005, 02:57 AM

I'm starting to get kinda bummed out even though it is only three days past my due date....what I wouldn't give to just not think about it for awhile.... =(

#148 of 287 Old 04-17-2005, 09:50 AM

Sarajane Remember that the average first pregnancy is around 41 weeks - you will have that baby soon. Just try to keep yourself busy - go for lots of walks, watch funny movies, go out to eat somewhere that you wouldn't go with a baby. Get a massage, get your hair done, get a pedicure or manicure. Do something to help you relax & take your mind off things. It'll all be over soon enough.
#149 of 287 Old 04-17-2005, 05:10 PM

She's here!!! Wow the last four days have just been amazing...

I will write the full story later, but the short version is that my water broke Wednesday night around 11 PM, things progressed in textbook fashion, dilating about 1 cm every hour, from a starting point of about 3 or 4 (we think, they did not even check when I got there) and about an hour of pushing she was born at 7:13 am Thursday AM.

No medication, very good hospital experience, and a beautiful, happy, 9 lb baby girl. Thank goodness she was a week early...another week and she woulda been pushing 10 lbs!

I am thinking of all of you who are still waiting!!!
#150 of 287 Old 04-17-2005, 05:42 PM

Congratulations Susan!!!!!! Welcome to Julie Ann!!! That's so great...sounds like your labour went beautifully!!

Nothing happening here, except that Sunbaby, I can TOTALLY relate to the pain you are describing, I've been having it off & on for a few weeks, and it can be VERY painful. I went for a long walk yesterday & overdid it a bit b/c then I could hardly move all afternoon & evening. In fact I was in so much pain when I went to bed last night I couldn't lie on either side, I was almost in tears. Dw brought all the pillows in the house and set me up in a pillow throne, which helped, I slept on my back for half the night, and by about 6 am the pain had gone away enough for me to sleep on my side. Needless to say I am taking it a bit easier today! But I've had this alot and I can sympathize. If I don't go into labour btwn now & tomorrow's mw appointment I will get a chiro referral then, I think.

We just had a great visit from some friends with their beautiful 3 wk old daughter...so nice! Hoping that will encourage our baby to come out & play! I've been having a bit of dribbling all day (sorry if TMI) not sure if it's fluid or more likely just that I'm not so continent--great!

Sarajane I hear you, dw and I are having what would normally be a lovely, relaxing weekend, but it's so HARD not to think of baby all the time and be frustrated & impatient. I'm still doing fun stuff, but I'd rather be in labour than doing all this fun stuff right now!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page