The First April Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 287 Old 04-20-2005, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations Jessikate! So happy for you!

Beth: I am so with you. I am getting nervous too. I am having all these irrational fears about the baby and birth. I am a week late today and hoping bad she comes already. I even find myself scared about how big she is getting and that I know is so stupid of me!

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#182 of 287 Old 04-20-2005, 08:51 PM

just checking in to see how things are fareing with the april due date mamas. lydia is three weeks old today. hard to believe.

i keep checking the april due date board every day to see who else has had their little baby.

congrats to all of you who have had yours (i'd name you but i'm afraid i'd leave someone out

and much patience to those of you waiting. enjoy the last days/weeks of your pregnancies!
#183 of 287 Old 04-21-2005, 10:21 AM

Hi everyone.
Jes is upstairs enjoying our new daughter so I have the priviledge of posting our happy news! Our daughter arrived at 4am today. Jes did an amazing job throughout labour and birth. It all went rather fast even catching the midwife offguard a little (the second midwife walked in as we were getting aquainted with our girl)

We had the home waterbirth that we had been hoping for. we're all doing well though a bit tired.

Annie is 7 lbs 13 ozs, 21 inches long. You can see a photo of her at cado.aboutmybaby.com (no www in front of the website...)

hope everyone else has theirs soon too!
#184 of 287 Old 04-21-2005, 10:30 AM

Congratulations Jesse and Beth!!!! And Welcome to the World, Little Annie!!!
I had a feeling she was in labor since she didn't post yesterday (nah, I haven't been stalking. )
I'm so happy you had the birth you wanted and are finally holding your dear babe in your arms. Yay!!!!!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#185 of 287 Old 04-21-2005, 10:30 AM

congrats to jess and beth! Welcome Annie! I'm so glad to hear the birth went well. I think I was up the same time you were giving birth changing an explosively poopy diaper :LOL ITs so exciting to see all the women in this tribe meeting their liitle ones!
#186 of 287 Old 04-21-2005, 12:14 PM

Congrats Jesse and Beth!!!!! I love her name! I'm so excited for you ladies!!!!

Last night at 11 pm I made dh move our bed so I could clean under it (it was way nasty) and rearrange it. I've already cleaned some more in my room. I've also made a list of things to do and worked on it. I kinda feel like I"m nesting, but I don't have this drive to do it, like I did awhile back. Who knows. I've been in the bathroom a lot agian today. I will be 37 weeks on Saturday, so I hope she stays put until then.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#187 of 287 Old 04-21-2005, 10:06 PM

Congrats to Jesse & Beth! So many babies this week!

No name yet, here, but pics are here. He's a great nurser & very laid back so far. Conked out on my chest now I'm healing :LOL A bit of a tear but not as bad as with DD - I don't know how I'd have coped without the pool to help things stretch.

DD is interested in him, but more into the sudden free access she has to nursing now that it doesn't hurt me so much. It's going to be interesing when my milk comes in, for sure.

Seren, it sounds like you're getting close - you may join us in April yet (though I had a rush of nesting at 39 weeks & my guy was born at 42w2d). Don't get too down on life if you go over - bigger babies are so cool! They nurse better and are just more sturdy than little ones. This guy is so much different than my 7lb 13oz DD.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
#188 of 287 Old 04-21-2005, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessikate

Seren, it sounds like you're getting close - you may join us in April yet (though I had a rush of nesting at 39 weeks & my guy was born at 42w2d). Don't get too down on life if you go over - bigger babies are so cool! They nurse better and are just more sturdy than little ones. This guy is so much different than my 7lb 13oz DD.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Eek!!!!! I'm afraid of a big baby! Ok, I'm afraid of going over with this baby, who is likely already big. At the beginning of Feb she was 3 lbs, instead of around 1.5like most babies at that stage. That was almost 3 months ago. I'm a bit nervous!

#189 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 12:07 AM

: : :
Congratulations to Jess, Jesse, and Beth! I saw pics of both babies and they are just beautiful!

Can't wait to read birth stories in detail!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#190 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 03:45 AM

Yay!! More babies!! Congratulations to the new mamas and enjoy those precious new ones

I am thinking I may be next Lots of contrax for the past few hours, the kind of kick your butt, getting stronger every minute kind. I am excited that we may have an Earth Day baby. Seems like a good day to birth!!

Hope things are going well for the rest of the "still waiting" Mamas. Hopefully things won't stall out for me tonight!

#191 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 09:56 AM

FRM: Woo hooo!!

#192 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 10:09 AM

I am 37 weeks tomorrow. I spent part of the day in the bathroom yesterday and part of it cleaning. Last night as dh and I were doing my perineal massage he said I had weird discharge. He said it looks like egg white cervical musuc with white stuff in it. Really weird. I'm ready if this is it.

#193 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Jess & Jesse, your babies are beautiful!! FRM.... sending peaceful labor vibes. Hopefully you're holding your new little one right now.

Seren... big babies aren't to be feared! If I had known my son would be 9lbs 7oz before having him, I would have been freaked out. But, he came out in 15 minutes with just a TINY skidmark (no tears). With my dd (7lbs 14oz) I pushed for over an hour & had a zillion stitches!! You can do it!

One week ago (and about 15min ago) my little boy came into the world & my life sort of was rocked (we thought we were having a girl). He's so sweet & laid back, nurses wonderfully. I'm adjusting to being the mama of a boy, and I have mourned the loss of our little girl (I know it sounds wierd, but if you've been through that you know it's like a loss in a way... a loss of what you thought was to be).

to all the mamas still waiting. I can't honestly say being overdue SUCKS (and yes, I know babies come when they want, but it still sucks, LOL).
#194 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 10:44 AM

Hi everyone!

This will be (relatively) brief because I have a 2nd degree tear and sitting at our computer isn't all that comfortable right now --thank goodness our beautiful Annie was born in the water or it could have been worse!!

Thanks for all the congrats--I am so happy, our birth was amazing and all that I could have hoped for. I will post a detailled story later on. I realized I was in early labour at noon on Wednesday, the midwife came by about 6 pm to check me after some pretty intense contractions and I was only 1 cm, so she told us to relax and try to get some sleep, I hung out in the pool and then tried to sleep but was woken up by contrax every few minutes. I tried to chill out in the shower (not wanting to go into the pool too early and dw called the mw back at 2 am when I started going pretty crazy with the pain & feeling like I wanted to push. To my enormous surprise and relief, I was now at 10 cm and ready to go!! Annie Rebecca was pushed out in about 1.5 hours (I was pretty eager to meet her at this point). That pushing was the most intense and hardest thing I think I've ever done, but what a result. We are all in love! and enjoying our babymoon. So far I have managed to get her latched on 2x on my own, though she hasn't lasted too long yet, but I'm feeling good.

Congrats to Jess!! And I hope this is it FRM, and labour vibes for everyone else!

-Jesse (wan2bemama)

lots of photos will be up on cado.aboutmybaby.com soon!
#195 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 11:05 AM

Congrats again to Jess!

CTdoula, I think I understand what you mean about mourning the child you thought you were having, I had a quick taste when I was in labor actually. The u/s had told us she was a girl and thats what I felt she was,but at one moment the doctor said something about "he" or "him" as he was breaking my water.Dh and I looked at each other, did the doctor know something we didn't? I thought maybe the u/s technician had made a mistake and my doctor had reviewed the u/s and had decided it was a boy. Pretty farfetched but I was in labor and emotional. I actually asked the nurse to check the chart and see if they had written anything. They hadn't, turns out my doctor really didn't know he was just saying "he". but for a moment I felt a wave of sadness that I was losing my daughter. I tired to imagine a boy but I almost started crying and then felt really guilty.
Anyway I hope you are adjusting to mothering a son. I have found such a profound difference in being the mother of a son and now a daughter. Not in a "better" or "worse" sort of way but just in a different way. I'm really enjoying what each has and continues to give me. Good luck!
#196 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 11:09 AM

What a great story, Jesse!

I hope you feel better soon . . .I know tears can be very painful!

Also, I know you know this, but BF will get MUCH easier. I thought it was very hard to nurse a newborn when I had DD1. As they grow, it becomes 2nd nature for both of you. And when you have your second . . .it's a breeze!

#197 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren
Eek!!!!! I'm afraid of a big baby! Ok, I'm afraid of going over with this baby, who is likely already big. At the beginning of Feb she was 3 lbs, instead of around 1.5like most babies at that stage. That was almost 3 months ago. I'm a bit nervous!
Don't be afraid of a big baby. You'll manage just fine. Besides all that of course I wouldn't be using a u/s as a basis for getting worried. My #3 was supposed to be 11.5lbs but was just under 10. This baby I didn't have u/s but everyone was certainly taken by surprise when she popped out at 10.5 lbs. I only had a small tear that needed a few stitches. Far better than the repairs from my previous births when I had epis.

I have to admit I was a little surprised everyone commented on Jess's 9lber being big but no one mentioned Madelyn's weight. :LOL
#198 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 04:52 PM

I was just thinking the same thing about your big baby Wasabi! I was just looking back at the thread and saw that i had posted about Jess's baby being so big then I looked again at the size of your little girl! I must of missed the weight the first time. Wow! I don't think Eileen will be that big for months :LOL
#199 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 05:13 PM

Our Earth Day baby girl who we have not yet named!! She was born around 4:45 am, seems to weigh around 9-9.5 lbs and has a whole TON of hair. She is beautiful in every way It was a solo birth, just mama and baby. We are so excited!!

#200 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
I have to admit I was a little surprised everyone commented on Jess's 9lber being big but no one mentioned Madelyn's weight. :LOL
If it makes you feel better, I didn't mention either because EVERYONE'S babies seem huge (in a good way! ) to me! My DDs were almost identical . . .6 lbs 8 oz and 6 lbs 8.7 oz. They were only .5 of an inch different in length, too! They were born 11 days and 10 days early, respectively. They have such similar personalities, too . . .it's weird. Everyone told me how different they'd be, but I'm not finding that to be the case at all. It's OK, though, since I how my DD1 is!

#201 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 05:25 PM

Congrats FRM! And to all the other mommas I've missed out here!

I'm so tired today (DH's alarm woke me and I couldn't get back to sleep) but I REALLY want to tackle my cleaning to do list! I just juiced a whole lot of oranges and drank the liquid gold, I'm waiting for the fructose high to kick in and give me the oomph to get my cleaning started hehe

About big babies: My MW guestimated that as of a month ago, my baby was about 7.5 pounds. Coincidentally, that's about how much I've gained this pregnancy lol (I lost several pounds in the beginning too so I'm at a total of +12 if you count regaining the lost pounds).

I'm not worried about a big baby. I'm actually excited to have a 9 pounder :-) Of course I say that NOW.... hehe

At the moment, I'm having a warm up contraction (just in the front, no biggie, just tension)... Baby is bouncing around too. Last night my pubic bones were hurting! Hope that's a sign that things are shifting for the impending event! I'm trying to not take every little thing as a sign, but its so hard!

Please send some Full Moon labor vibes for me! I really want to be in labor on Sunday!

Okie, time to go prep some spicy food for dinner ;-)

xoxoxoxo

Beth
#202 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 06:14 PM

Congrats FRM!!!!

I went and bought my black cohosh today. I start it in the morning! I'm excited. I just want to have my baby NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

#203 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 06:25 PM

FRM: I am so thrilled for you!!! I always meant to tell you, too, how inspirational you have been to me as a UCer. It's not something I would choose, but whenever I worried about labor, I thought of you, doing it alone. While I was IN labor, I thought about you, and knew that I could trust my body to handle things. This served me well . . .I had a great (and fast!) labor. So, THANK YOU!

#204 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 10:40 PM

Well, I took castor oil today. Before I took it I had three contractions: one at 5:15 am then another 20 minutes later then another 20 minutes after that. They stopped though. I fell back asleep and didn't wake up till 10 am. I took the oil three times in three hours as directed by my mw. 6 ounces! That is so much. I took it in ice cream as she suggested and it made the oil taste better but omg.....I never want to see another bowl of ice cream again in my life!

She says that it can take up to 24 hours to do anything but she usually sees it work in about six. Well, I have been having some contractions, nothing painful. Very tight uterus and my back gets a bit sore. I had a few painful ones. I dont' know if they will stick around, I will just have to wait and see.

My body feels so ready. Baby has moved even lower as of Thursday night. Lots of pressure. So, keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'm trying to just not think about it much so as not to be sitting there waiting for something to happen. I finally got some sleep this afternoon, I was exhausted. I don't sleep well at night and with having to run to the bathroom....the nap thing didn't quite work till late in the day.

Gotta run, I need food now!

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#205 of 287 Old 04-22-2005, 11:17 PM

Sarajane, I hope the caster oil works for you!

#206 of 287 Old 04-23-2005, 08:35 AM

congrats FRM!

Seems liek April has produced lots of girls!

SJ-I hope you're holding your baby real soon!

My last was 11 pounds, (3 days before EDD) so I tend not to be suprised by big babies anymore :LOL But I love welcoming all the big rolley babies! I'm a week over, but my midwife doesn't think we'll break any records

I'm here still, we have guests and I think the baby/my body is waiting. The pressure is incredible right now. It changed from a tight belly with contractions to internal tingles and pressure. I feel like my water will surely burst with each contractions (which are here and there) but ti doesn't, and they might come every 7 minutes for an hour- but they never really develope to "the real deal". They aren't painful, just intense with pressure- I can't think of any other word to describe it than that.

They leave Sunday morning, so I'm hoping for full moon baby, but we shall see!
#207 of 287 Old 04-23-2005, 12:44 PM

Well, I am actually in early labor right now. Water broke this morning.

#208 of 287 Old 04-23-2005, 02:19 PM

Rainbow: I bet you're right and your body just knows to wait-- I know mine did! I REALLY wanted to have the baby after 4/11 (the day of my master's oral exam) and I went into labor very early on 4/13 (DD was born at 4:50 a.m.). I don't think it's a coincidence!!! It sounds like you'll go really fast though!

sarajane: I am SO excited for you!!!!

#209 of 287 Old 04-23-2005, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow
they might come every 7 minutes for an hour- but they never really develope to "the real deal". They aren't painful, just intense with pressure- I can't think of any other word to describe it than that.
this is what was happening to me. i was totally in labor, but because of hearing so many women who had warm-up contractions like you're describing i was in total denial!! and they'd start/stop all day long. by the time the contractions went from 10min apart to 4min apart, however, i knew it wasn't warm up anymore, and our girl was born 3 hours later.

good luck to you, rainbow. hope this is more than warm-up for you!

thanks for keeping us posted, sarajane!

congrats to you freerangemama!
#210 of 287 Old 04-23-2005, 10:07 PM

Hello all! Just checking in to say hi an congrats to all the new babies and mommies, dh's and dw's and all the new big brothers and sisters

We are doing pretty well, adjusting to the new routines and getting out quite a bit. Julie has already been to quite a few places and met lots of people. The best news is that our two dogs have adjusted very well to the new member of the family. After a day or two of excitement over every peep that came out of the new baby, they have all gotten used to each other. Julie does not even flinch at their "hair on the back of your neck raising" barks (they are mastiffs) and they have gotten used to her peeps and cries.

For a different, and quite humerous perspective, take a look at what my DH wrote to announce Julie's arrive to our friends in the Porsche community:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...eferrerid=5780

Hope the link works...enjoy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page