The First April Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 287 Old 03-31-2005, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I'm 2.5 hours early....... LOL

This is it OUR MONTH!!!!!!

I am going a little nutty. Some times I'm totally fine, patient, happy. Other moments, I'm miserable, emotional & want her to come NOW. I'm nervous that she's going to be huge (I have no idea why this is... I had the same concerns w/my dd & she was a normal size). I'm worried I'll be pregnant forever, LOL. You know....

Please tell me i'm not the only nutball in a hurry to meet their little one!
#2 of 287 Old 03-31-2005, 11:40 PM

I hear ya on the 'I'm gonna be pregnant forever' thoughts! This will be our birth month, but it could easily be 3 weeks until our birth day.

Anyone planning a 'labor' joke tomorrow??? :LOL
#3 of 287 Old 03-31-2005, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headymama
Anyone planning a 'labor' joke tomorrow??? :LOL
I've totally been thinking about this! LOL Maybe I'll call my mom & tell her she has to come because I'm in labor or something, LOL. April Fools. EVEN BETTER... maybe I'll go into labor for REAL!!!!!!!!! :LOL

I'm due next Wed, so I know it can't be that long.
#4 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 12:17 AM

I'm there with y'all . I was fine with everything until about a week ago...now I'm antsy to get her OUT! And I still have three weeks to go, lol.

My bummer news of the week is that I'm GBS+. Ick. And that's testing after two weeks of garlic supplements. We're having a (midwife-attended) hospital birth, so this means an IV for me
#5 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 12:45 AM

Yesterday was the first day that my feet and hands were swollen at the end of the day. I also had some contractions last night that seemed more "real" than any others I've had, but they got farther apart rather than closer together and lasted for about an hour and a half. Whew....I am not ready yet!

We had a wonderful baby shower recently and now just have to fill in the gaps! Planning on doing a lot of cooking this weekend to stock pile on some staples - spaghetti sauce, etc - so don't have to do much cooking for the first few weeks at least.

Went for my weekly OB appt today and things are still shut up tightly in there, so I probably have a few more weeks at least, right? RIGHT??? :

Here's to April!
#6 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 03:26 AM

I also just started swelling yesterday. Today is my birthday so Baby B is allowed to come out now. My doula is back in town today and that's all I wanted to wait for. :LOL My mom has a ticket booked for a couple of days after my EDD though so either right around my EDD or just after she gets here will be best. I've been right on time with my first three so I'm not too impatient yet because I have a pretty good feeling that I will be right on time not early or late. Not having cervical checks so I have no idea what's going on in there. Hard to believe it's our month already!
#7 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 04:05 AM

Anyone actually due on the first?

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#8 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 11:10 AM

I'm due on the 2nd so feeling very anxious today! But no unusual symptoms other than a slightly upset stomach so it could still be a few days. My mom's in town now so I know ds will have some to care for him when we go to the hospital, which puts my mind at ease...
#9 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 01:35 PM

Oh wow!! It's actually April!!!!
I hadn't had any april fool's labour thoughts...but now that you mention it! My dad in particular is a big one for practical jokes, so he might appreciate it...everyone else I think it would just put over the edge!
I bought a HUGE amount of food yesterday which I plan to cook into meals and freeze so I need at least a few more days to get that done. Plus we have our 2nd hypnobirthing session tonight... Dw is off today until Monday so we get some more time which is lovely...our car seat is installed. BUT I'm only 38 weeks and I'm guessing it will be a while yet!

: for us waiting mamas!
#10 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 04:43 PM

I'm in a weird place because on one hand "yay it's april!" but on the other hand, "so, it's April- I'll probly be preggers through May anyway"

The guess date for us is April 25th. From 4/10 - 4/14, DH is working about an hour drive away, and he won't be getting home until late, like after midnight. So I've had a chat with baby about not arriving until after 4/14 ;-)

I've been haggling with my insurance comapny about including my midwife "in network." According to NYS law, there's a Transition of care law that says if I change insurance and was already covered by a specific health care professional, that the new insurance company has to cover that same person as if they were "in network" and that this is in effect in the second trimester. I changed insurance companies about 2 weeks before my 3rd trimester started and the company refused my transition of care claim because they said their company will only accept that if you're already in the 3rd trimester. Besides being angry about them treating health professionals like interchangeable cogs, they were clearly violating the law and telling me that the law didn't apply to them because of some ridiculous reason or another!

So I called the NYS Attorney General's office, lodged a complaint, sent them the correspondence and my notes on the many conversations I'd had with them, and finally today, I got a call from the Att Gen rep working the case telling me that the insurance company has finally complied and I'll be getting the letter next week and that it's all set up in the system. YAY! So for those having insurance issues, there is help! Don't be afraid to make a nuissance of yourself ;-)

Hope everyone is doing well!

xoxoxoxo

Beth
#11 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 05:58 PM

well, i went before the first of april, but i totally had wanted an april fools' baby!!!!! i know that would've been mean to do to a child, but i thought it would also be sooooo funny .

best of luck to everyone! i'm sending you all "going early" vibes and " fast labor" vibes. i'm sending my DH out tonight to pick up a new digital camera for us. hopefully by the end of the weekend i'll have some pics to post .

take care and have a great weekend!!!!
#12 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 08:29 PM

Let's get this show on the road! Someone must have thrown a switch in me this week, because I went very quickly from "any day now would be fine" to "ALRIGHT ALREADY-- MOVE OUT, KID!" :LOL

I've been doing all the cervix ripening routine (not the inducers, but EPO, RRL tea, sex, pineapple), but who knows if it's doing anything. I was 1-2 cm/50% at my 36 week appointment, so it would be nice to have made some progress. I have BH contrax, but they're really not noticeable-- I only know I have them if I put my hand on my belly in the middle of one. I've had maybe 3 total that I noticed on their own. MW wants to do an internal on Monday, when I'll be 39 weeks (dd was about 1-1.5 weeks early)-- I'm hoping not to make it that far!

I even broke out the breastpump today and pumped about 1/4 oz. of colostrum (which I poured on the dog food, because I didn't have the heart to pour it out!). We're having some good, divey Mexican food tonight. Tomorrow morning, we're going on a long walk, I'm planting some flowers, and then I have an acupuncture appointment at 12:00. Surely something in all of that will shake up things, right?

Oh-- and we did take advantage of April Fool's Day today. Our poor friends and family-- we put them through an emotional roller coaster.
#13 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream
I have BH contrax, but they're really not noticeable-- I only know I have them if I put my hand on my belly in the middle of one.
This is how mine are. I don't really feel them start or stop, but in the middle I go, "wow, this tummy is TIGHT!" Nothing to exciting because once I sit down they go away.

DH and I are heading two hours out of town tomorrow to see a concert and spend the night in a hotel. Our last 'hurrah'! Baby can come anytime after that!!!

deanna
#14 of 287 Old 04-01-2005, 10:47 PM

: anyone remember me? anyway, i've been here all along, just hardly ever seeming to post on this thread. but i am here, waiting with the rest of you, and celebrating the babes already here. its so exciting, i find it somewhat uncomfortable. my heart rate skyrockets when i come to the april threads. not due till the 23rd.
#15 of 287 Old 04-02-2005, 12:38 AM

I wanna have my baby, too!!!! I'm trying to be patient. Not really due until May (although dh and I have been wondering about the accuracy of the u/s). I will be 37 weeks on April 24 or 25. Dh is absolutely convinced we will have this baby at then end of April. I'm hoping!!!!!

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#16 of 287 Old 04-02-2005, 12:57 AM

I am SO not ready for it to be April :LOL I was so impatient with #1 and #2, but this time I am just not up to it yet. I cook them long though, so realistically I could go into May (I am due on around the 24th). I have been nesting up a storm though. Dh said he would like to stall me indefinately at 37 weeks because the house looks so dang clean (and he hasn't had to help :LOL). I even spent the day washing stuffed animals Yep, nesting alright.

I have been having contractions for weeks now and my hips feel about ready to fall apart, but other than that I feel better than I have for much of this pg. I kind of want to enjoy it for the last little bit, plus ds1 turns 4 on Thursday (YIKES!) so I need to get past the small family party, gift buying, cake making, etc.

Any one else NOT wanting to give birth any time soon?

#17 of 287 Old 04-02-2005, 12:02 PM

Well I am officially perturbed and having my first "WHERE IS MY BABY!" day even though I'm not really "due" until the 10th. I just don't know how I'm not in labor, I've been walking around since atleast Thursday morning dialated to 5 cm and started losing my plug alomost 2 weeks ago! Yesterday I took a 2 mile walk and have been cleaning floors and working in the yard all week.I know you can walk around dialated for a long time (I was at 4 with ds for 2 weeks) but still it can't be too much longer right? I was so ready last night to go into labor and thought for sure it was the night but nothing...just venting I reallly should be patient, I'm also sad because dh will be going back to work on Monday and I have so enjoyed having him around this week (it was his spring break, he's a teacher). Anyway I just feel like crying all day, but this is the first day I've felt like this in a while so I guess I shouldn't complain too much...I really want to be zen about this and let the baby come when its ready and I'm mad at myself for giving into this pressure. Hope everyone is doing alright and labor vibes for everyone who wants them.
#18 of 287 Old 04-02-2005, 01:23 PM

Qerratsmom
Labor vibes for you!

My shower is today. I'm really hoping for no drama, since two of the people there have had some tension in the past.
I have a feeling we'll be returning a lot of stuff tomorrow :LOL. I went through all the trouble to find an online registry w/ Cloth diapers, slings, etc, and no one seems to be shopping there. <sigh> Ah well, live and learn, I guess my family's not ready for web shopping yet.

Hi again sunbaby!
#19 of 287 Old 04-02-2005, 01:46 PM

I'm due on April 11th, but went almost 43 weeks with dd, so I'm not getting too excited. Could be another month for me!
#20 of 287 Old 04-02-2005, 09:22 PM

I'm sorry you're feeling down Qerratsmom. That's why I'm skipping the cervical exams. I figure if I'm dilated I'd get excited and think I was going to have the baby soon and if I'm not it would still kind of depress me so I'm just skipping them. I hope you do have the baby soon but I do know too many women who walked around very dilated for a very long time before having the baby. Just keep doing what you're doing and hopefully it will happen really soon.
#21 of 287 Old 04-02-2005, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerangemama
Any one else NOT wanting to give birth any time soon?
ME!
There's still some organizing that needs to be done (let overs from the Spring cleaning frenzy of last week ). And there's still some HB supplies I need -- like the new garden hose! Not to mention stocking on food & drinks for labor and after. But I won't be able to get to most of this until next Friday when the paychecks come in. So no baby arrival until these loose ends have been taken care of! :LOL

Not to mention that we had a chat and I'm fine with birth happening any time starting with April 19th and after. I'd love to have a Taurus baby, since I'm also a Taurus. I know, silly. A full moon baby around the 24th would be really cool -- I was one.

Qerratsmom- You ask for it now, but just remember how busy you're going to be once it all happens! I know it's hard to wait, but try and take some advantage of these last few days you have (the 10th really isn't that far off!) I'm with wasabi -- my MW leaves internal checks up to me, unless there's a problem. I know me, if I get it checked, then I'll just be consumed with how I'm progressing. It would just be better to not know.

liawbh- My "surprise" baby shower is tomorrow. My cousin's fiancee was trying really hard to make it a surprise, but one of the guests called me to confirm some info. So much for that. But I'm not aware of who's invited or what exactly is going to happen. Not to mention dh is suppose to be there but he's already making excuses that dd will get in the way so he'd better take her out (how about all those other Sundays I ask him to do that? : ) Hopefully it'll all be low key. I also made a registry that no one is actually taking any advantage of. Why didn't I learn from my wedding registry how useless this is?

Oh yes, and then there's work. Why do women from other departments whom I rarely talk to feel compelled to come up to me and ask, "So you really are planning to work until the 15th?" or "Do you really think you'll make it to the 15th?" (My edd is the 17th.) Well, yes and thank you very much for doubting my innate abilities! : Of course, I haven't really told many that I'm planning a waterbirth at home, which would probably just adde to their disbelief of my sanity. I just assumed that with the few who knew it would spread. Anyway, now I feel very compelled to prove to them that just because I'm working so close to the date doesn't mean I'm going to spontaneously crown and birth at work. But if this wants to come sooner, then that's entirely up to her or him. Obviously, I won't be coming to work that day, or if it should happen while at work then I'll be going home.

Anyone else seen these? I'm thinking of getting one if no one gets one for me: www.birthbeads.com. They look so cool!
#22 of 287 Old 04-02-2005, 11:40 PM

Quote:
A full moon baby around the 24th would be really cool -- I was one.
I am hoping for another full moon baby too! I was a full moon birth and so were my boys!! I thought it would be cool if this one was as well.

Of course today I feel really early-laborish though, so who knows what will happen. I doubt these contrax will lead to anything, but I am trying to prepare myself JIC I would prefer to wait (as though I have a say in the matter :LOL).

#23 of 287 Old 04-03-2005, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

I thought things were happening last night.... but I'm still here, LOL. We were at a b-day party for my nieces & I was feeling so sick to my stomach. I was also having ctx, but nothing painful or regular. I was also having intestinal cramps & just felt basically blech. So, then I was thinking... oh maybe this is the start of something. But, nope. I'm better this morning...... maybe later, LOL. This waiting is hard, LOL. I can't wait to meet our little girl. I'm also so hormonal & emotional, I'm driving myself crazy, LOL.
#24 of 287 Old 04-03-2005, 11:21 PM

I'm not at where most of you mamas seem to be (minus FreeRange and heket)! . . .but my due date is ??? I have no idea. According to my O date and the u/s, it should be 4/22, but the MWs have me at 4/29 (they ignored my O date and went by my last cycle date). I went almost 2 weeks early with DD (which means next Monday would be the day), but I felt cramps, I THINK, by this point . . .so I have no illusions that it will be in the middle of April-- I'm thinking late this time.

I'm just not ready. I haven't sewn my cover for the Amby hammock (to prevent what happened to another mama's DC here) and my latest sling purchase hasn't arrived. I haven't read too much of my birthing books. We have no clothes upstairs. I need some diaper covers for when the umbilical stump is still on. Oh, and we STILL haven't decided on a name for a girl. Actually, we don't even talk about it! I have only one old nursing bra. No cloth nursing pads. No extra sheets for the hammock.

I think I'm in disbelief.

Anyway, I love reading about the excitement and urgency from you other mamas!!!! I am hoping for speedy labor vibes for those ready to be done, as well as beautiful labors and deliveries. I am so excited to be sharing this journey with you!!!!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#25 of 287 Old 04-04-2005, 10:07 AM

I'm there with you Miz, and FRM & Heket, I've got plenty fo time. I'm still waiting for my birth pool and birth kit to show up. We switched to a homebirth at 36 weeks and got right to work ordering everything, but I'm 38 this week and some still hasn't come.

I did get the babies stuff all ready though, it feels so good to open that top draw and see all teh clothes and blankets folded neatly and put away. All ready for their little owner. And the birth stuff I do have it all labelled and put away in the birth room.

This baby is different from the last two- by now all I got was a butt out and not a lot of movement. This baby still rotates around (butt out or feet out) and kicks and moves like she is a little one. She has to be smaller to have enough room, I don't know- we'll see. Then again she is dropped further than my last two so that would open up some space.

I am anxious to meet this little one, but at the same time I am enjoying nesting and feel like I have some more to do before I'm ready to meet her (or him).
#26 of 287 Old 04-04-2005, 11:06 AM

Rainbow--those are gorgeous belly pics!!! Wow!!
I will post a link to our new site: cado.aboutmybaby.com where you can see my belly shots and lots of other photos of our preparations!

The 24th is the full moon, eh? I could definitely see us having this baby around then. Dw would (finally!) be finished her teaching practicum, and that would put me 10 days past the EDD, just enough time to not require too many interventions (we are strongly encouraged to get an ultrasound at 10 days past edd). After my first week of mat leave, though I am feeling much more ready psychologically for this little one to arrive, and this next step to take place. Mostly though I'm feeling pretty peaceful & relaxed and enjoying this time. (and I still haven't done our taxes :roll )

We had our second hypnobirthing session on Friday night, and it was much better than the first, less info about birth which we already knew, and more practice of the techniques. Now I just have to convince dw to keep on practicing them....she's pretty stressed about school.

We have our home visit today from our midwife which I'm really looking fwd to, as she has been away for 5 weeks...glad she made it back before our baby came . Just like wasabi says, I don't plan to get checked, as it seems that doesn't really give a lot of very precise info. Though I look forward to more info about the position of this little baby...
I will go today to pick up a few more last minute supplies (old towels & sheets, vinyl tablecloth covers).
Had brunch yesterday with some other lesbian mamas in our area, some new ones we haven't yet met--they were very nice & welcoming, there was one other expectant couple there. One of them shared her very empowering & positive homebirth story, which was great.

Anyway, enough blah: about us.

Miz-sounds like you are getting there.....slowly...enjoy your preparations and time as a family of 3...

ctdoula and Qerrats mom hang in there!

Lia & Heket, I hope your showers were great! I hear you about ignoring the registries...we got a few things, but nothing from our AP/CD registry, so we are making it up ourselves. Although at least we got some gift certificates which is cool!

not really getting the watched pot feeling....too much yet....though family and friends do seem to be checking in a bit more often But I appreciate that, for now!
#27 of 287 Old 04-04-2005, 02:51 PM

Sorry about the rant on Saturday. I'm feeling better now, although It was sad to see my mom leave and dh go back to work today especially since ds seems to have come down with fifth's disease and although it shouldn't be serious, he is extremely cranky and had about 500 tantrums today! Now I am wondering how I will ever manage two! I'm trying to remain patient about the birth and really do not want to go to my next doc appointment on Tuesday.What can he really say or do? Anyway I'm sending out peaceful preparation and/or labor vibes to all the mamas and thanking you all again for the support throughout this pregnancy
#28 of 287 Old 04-04-2005, 07:32 PM

Just got back from the MW appt. and am happy with the news . . .I'm 3 cm and 50%! She was able to touch the head, too. I know that this means nothing in terms of when the baby will actually be born (and I'm OK with waiting as my actual due date is either 4/22 or 4/29). However, I am SO thankful that getting to 3 was so painless . . .I had a natural birth with DD and really, really, really wanted another with this one. So, I'm feeling encouraged!

Rainbow: I love your pictures! They are so precious! Did you get them professionally done?

Jesse: Please tell your DW that I'm thinking of her (and sending her peaceful vibes) while she gets through this last stretch of her practicum . . .I'm sure she just wants to be DONE. It's good that at least you are on leave now!

Also, I'd love to hear in detail how the hypnobirthing goes when your baby decides to come out. I wish I'd done something like that! I'll have to check your pics, too!

Qerratsmom: So sorry about your DS! I don't know much about fifth's . . .I'm glad to hear it's not too serious (other than the tantrums)!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#29 of 287 Old 04-04-2005, 08:11 PM

Q- I'm so sorry to hear about ds' Fifth's Disease. Dd has been having some temper tantrum issues too, but they're only related to her emotional developmental. Come by and vent with us anytime -- I especially know what that's like!

Miz- that's great! I know what you mean. With dd, I had contractions all day, then I thought was my water bag broke in the evening (it turns out I had 2 ), so by the time I got to the hospital I was still only 1-2cm dilated. I stalled at 4 from the constant nurse and CNM badgering. I'm really hoping this time will be much different.

The shower was lovely. Turns out my girlfriends wanted to have a tea party/ mother blessing. Since the weather was nice we did it outside. Most of us have no tea training or etiquette, so it was a lot of fun watching us be silly (we felt like a pack of 8 year olds. All that was missing were the large hats.) I got dh to stick around and my cousin, so it was really fun watching the guys too. :LOL What was really cool was they had collected some river rocks from the local mountains and everyone wrote a short inspiring message for me to meditate on during labor. Then they got silly and wrote a couple just in case I decided to chuck them at dh instead (like "Duck!" or "Blame Dh." :LOL). They were put into a basket for me and I'll probably keep them with the other birthing supplies. They had also woven cords to use for the bracelets we are all wearing until the big day. That was a great moment and hearing everyon vocalize their wishes was really nice.

Now I'm down to putting the last of the clothing away, getting the baby's stuff washed and away, maintaining housework, and getting those last HB supplies. I can't believe next week will be my last week of work! Where did this pregnancy go?....
#30 of 287 Old 04-04-2005, 09:14 PM

Well, the shower went much more smoothly than I feared. And we didn't end up with too much useless stuff - actually some great clothes (only one sports shirt in the batch :LOL). My dad and stepmom came over yesterday, and they are buying the crib for us. We also got some money that we can use to buy a glider rocking chair!

I finally packed the labor bag and the diaper bag.
Nesting has definately set in. I hardly sat at all this weekend, except at the actual shower, as I kept finding things to clean, baby stuff to wash, or rooms to declutter.

Anyone else have insomnia? I woke up at 3:45 AM
I have a feeling getting so much done is going to backfire, and make me really impatient.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page