I'm going to die of rib pain... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-06-2005, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seriously it gets worse every day. I used to make it through most of the day before succumbing to the misery of the pain in the right side of my rib cage (and now spreading into my entire shoulder) but lately it's just plagueing me and I'm so tired of it and I just need to vent. I am not ready to be done with this pregnancy. I'm not counting days except in hopes of holding them off! but this pain SUCKS. I am so tired of it. I finally gave in and got out my heating pad yesterday, nothing else was helping... I was careful to alternate off and on it to keep my body temp in check but this really really sucks.

That's all I just needed to say it.
#2 of 6 Old 04-06-2005, 09:25 PM

I can so relate. Yours sounds much worse, but the whole rib pain thing gets old fast. I dreamed about walking around w/an ice pack on my belly at my friends house, to wake to the pain the other day. It's been w/me for a couple of months. W/my dd, that area tingled for a few days after the birth.
#3 of 6 Old 04-06-2005, 09:34 PM

It sounds like your little one is making him/herself quite at home in there, stretching out.
#4 of 6 Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 PM

Is it on your right side? I don't mean to be annoying and alarmist, but if it is, it could be a swollen liver, esp. if it is radiating pain. Probably not, but I was reading the thread below about pre-eclampsia symptoms and that's why it was in my head. Just a thought.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=221654
#5 of 6 Old 04-07-2005, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

My blood pressure is consistently low, no signs of protein in my urine or other risk factors (no edema, nausuea, swelling, etcc...) at this point but a good suggestion to keep an eye on. I spoke with my MW today and am seeing her on Sat.
#6 of 6 Old 04-12-2005, 11:43 PM

I totally know how you feel! I've used a heating pad. It really does help a lot.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page