Support Thread: Waiting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 04-16-2005, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was hoping we could get together and send thoughts to those waiting, esp. overdue . . .maybe if we work collectively, we can get those babes out!

Get This Baby Out Vibes to . . .
Hayes
theelfqueen
sarajane
Headymama
Jesse: Baby is OUT!
Melissa
Jess: Baby is OUT!
Simone
Lia
Audrey
Rainbow
mahasti
sunbaby
:

PM or post if you'd like to be added

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#2 of 33 Old 04-16-2005, 10:06 PM

I'm waiting, but am only 4 days post dates. I am ready. Mostly it is annoying people at church and friends who keep calling me.

really really annoying. I would be fine if people would LEAV ME ALONE!!
#3 of 33 Old 04-16-2005, 10:18 PM

I'm only 38 weeks so I'm content with waiting but... those of you who are postdates -- I'll send all sorts of labor thoughts your way.

Midwife set up our birth pool today HOORAY!
#4 of 33 Old 04-16-2005, 10:44 PM

There is no such thing as "overdue"

Baby doesn't have a calendar in there.

When Baby is ready, Baby will arrive.

All that said, when our known edd comes (and likely goes) in another week, we're forwarding all calls to my mother :-)
#5 of 33 Old 04-17-2005, 02:53 AM

Overdue or not waiting can be so hard. I feel like I will be pregnant forever. Telling me that baby just isn't ready yet means something but doesn't make me any less impatient. I just can't wait to meet her and in part of my mind I just keep thinking, "Why isn't she here? Other women have their babies at 38 weeks and sometimes earlier, why can't I?" Part of my brain just doesn't get it, can't make sense of it. It will keep thinking, "Why not now?" until she gets here!

I was due Wednesday the 13 and so am 3 days "late". Anybody else waiting on their first baby? This will be our first and I sometimes wonder if that is why I am so impatient. My cousin says that her second came before she knew it because she was so busy with her other little one.

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#6 of 33 Old 04-17-2005, 03:01 AM

Sarajane -- with my first I'd wake up every day thinking "oh please, let today be the day!" Now that I'm on my third I wake up every morning thinking "oh please, it can't really be morning yet" :LOL

But I remember that impatient feeling very well... sometimes I feel guilty for not feeling it in my subsequent pregnancies.
#7 of 33 Old 04-17-2005, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof
There is no such thing as "overdue"

Baby doesn't have a calendar in there.

When Baby is ready, Baby will arrive.
Sure, but moms' feelings still count! As sarajane says, it's hard to wait!

sarajane: My DDs came before their due dates, but esp. with DD1 I think part of my impatience was related to anxiety . . .what would labor/birth be like? Would she be healthy? Did I have any clue as to how to care for her? Would I be able to breastfeed? I just wanted to have her (plus,I was in pain) to get these questions answered.

#8 of 33 Old 04-17-2005, 11:05 AM

Hey mama's to be! I'm only 2 days "late" (EDD was 4/15) and trying to stay busy. I made a 3 mile walk yesterday (an MS fundraiser) and will probably go back to the zoo tomorrow to walk around some more.

I was induced with my dd at 41 weeks and I'm willing to be at least that paitent with this baby. It's a little easier this time around since I've been feeling more contractions and cramps than I ever did with dd.

((((good labor vibes))))) for all!!!
#9 of 33 Old 04-17-2005, 05:03 PM

I know, those were just mantras I repeat to myself :-)
#10 of 33 Old 04-17-2005, 05:53 PM

I'm here with many of you! 3 days past the official EDD...which shouldn't mean anything, I told myself it wouldn't BUT IT DOES!! Each day we wake up thinking, we could have a baby by tonight or tomorrow.... It's also my first so I think it is a particularly crazy wait.

Sigh...we're running out of make work projects, and dw has to go back to work tomorrow so no one to hang out with while I wait. We're trying to keep on making plans in hopes that we'll have to break them...

: that labour comes soon, quickly & easily for everyone who's waiting eagerly for it!
#11 of 33 Old 04-17-2005, 06:07 PM

Hey, I'll join this thread! I'm 41 weeks tomorrow. Went almost 43 with dd. I have ups and downs (anxious to meet baby, and then, days like today, I'm too tired for labor, and I figure it's just as well!)

#12 of 33 Old 04-17-2005, 09:25 PM

I'm here, too. 42 weeks tomorrow (though it turns out my MW has the 5th as my EDD, not the 4th like I thought). Feeling okay, just tired of being pregnant, really. I want to meet this little guy already!
#13 of 33 Old 04-17-2005, 09:54 PM

i agree that it is much harder to wait on the first. even though i am impatient to meet my new guy, i am all finished with all the projects i wanted to complete before he comes, so i can relish each special day with dd as my only. i have really been tuning in to just how precious she is to me lately.

i will send out some love, support, and 'hurry up baby' vibes to all you post dates, esp. those waiting on thier first, and if there is any left over for me, i'll take some too, but i am still only 39 weeks as of yesterday, so i wont be a vibe hog.

boof, i know those mantras too. i keep trying them.
#14 of 33 Old 04-18-2005, 02:29 PM

Yup I'm getting nervous too, my US dd was Apr 15, but my calculated dd was Apr 17 so for state reg purposes we pushed the dd forward to the 17 so that give me a few more days before I have to worry about mandatory hospital transfer.

I did an elective induction with my first on her due date (didn't know any better) and the induction was a disaster, near c-sect and sick baby from all the interventions. Anyway I'm pretty scared about having to make that descision again. There is no way I'd induce w/o clear evidence that baby needed it but it seems like all the tests they use for placenta deterioration are kinda subjective and our hospital is soo not birth friendly.
#15 of 33 Old 04-18-2005, 05:32 PM

I'll be 41 weeks in a couple days. I have cried a few times this weekend just wanting my baby to be here. Hubby went ahead and set up our pool and said afterward he was glad he did it ahead of time, took longer than he thought it would. I don't think I would of stopped crying if he hadn't been here. I was fine, we went out to get some dinner and I was having a good time with him but then when we got home I just broke down out of nowhere.

I am in many ways okay with her being late...I don't know what it is. I think part of it is the in-laws, they have been making things very stressful. Thankfully we haven't heard from them in a few days. Well, his mother did call and bring up something yesterday that thankfully didn't involve my being late or anything but was annoying nonetheless. She is wanting us to go to the family rununion that is 6 hours away and will be happening when my baby is only a month old! I can't believe she has the nerve to even ask. We can't afford a trip, we can't stay in the cold dank trailer she had us stay in last time, our car won't make it, we cannot do it anyway because we would have to stop so often to feed and change the baby. I would probably spend most of my time in the hotel room that we don't have money for just taking care of the baby. Like I'm gonna wanna go sit out on the lake while they all drink and ski in the hot sun...

The wierd thing is, these are all people we can get together with at any time, I thought for a sec maybe some other family were flying down or something but no, just the same people we can get together with whenever. So not worth it.

Anyway, I'm just going on. I think I needed to say that somewhere to someone. Doesn't even matter if any of you read this all, I just needed a place to vent I guess. This one thing isn't so bad but it is on top of tons of other things that they have done and said that are very bad and downright mean.

I think all their worry and anger toward us is what is really getting to me. I just want them to disappear so we can be in peace. Even hubby said the other day "Can we handle being parents?" I asked what he meant and turns out he isn't concerned with us raising our child but with all the crap we get from his family. He wonders how the hell we are gonna put up with all this all the time. We gotta do something to make it stop but neither of us need, want, or should have to mess with that right now. We have more important things to worry about.

K, I need to shut up really. This isn't even what I started to write about, sorry I went off topic and talk to much. Thanks for putting up with me.

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#16 of 33 Old 04-18-2005, 08:58 PM

poor you to be dealing with all this IL stuff right now too....no wonder you have extra stress!!! I hope your baby arrives very soon! (like tonight). You are absolutely right about the family reunion. Can your dh take all IL calls right now? Just tell them you need mental space or are too tired & can't talk to them or something, so you don't have to deal with them at all?? And let that continue after the birth for a little while too. You are in an especially vulnerable space and need a bit of temporary protection.
Sorry you are dealing with this
#17 of 33 Old 04-18-2005, 09:00 PM

I wanted to add a big THANK YOU to Mizelenius for starting this thread and putting that list together!!
#18 of 33 Old 04-18-2005, 09:13 PM

Oh he takes the calls thank heavens. I have gotten to the point where I won't even answer the phone anymore for fear it is his mother! I try to just ignore the fact that he is on the phone and go about my business doing dishes or whatever. That helps some but I know what is happening....I have witnessed it first hand enough times.

#19 of 33 Old 04-18-2005, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Sarajane

Oh, I have SO BEEN THERE with DH's family. It has been so bad that we have gone to counseling for it (among other issues). The thing that gives me so much hope about your situation is that your DH is WITH you on it . . .he sees their negativity and is being proactive about not letting it affect your (newly expanding) family.

Oh, and I am busy working on the labor vibes for all of you!!!!!!

#20 of 33 Old 04-18-2005, 09:41 PM

I wonder how many of us are left???

#21 of 33 Old 04-18-2005, 10:44 PM

Still here. I asked my m/w to check me today, and I'm at 2 cm. Though I know full well it's meaningless (I was at 2 for 5 days with ds :LOL). Today's my LMP calculated due date, but the u/s date was the 10th, and the "compromise" date was the 14th, so it's been frustrating watching both days come and go. I really had myself convinced I wouldn't go this far.

Working on chilling out, , trying to practice a little "Be Here Now," but it's sooo not my personality :LOL!
#22 of 33 Old 04-19-2005, 08:33 AM

I feel bad complaining b/c I am not due until tomorrow. How do you cope? I had myself psyched up for a wedding this past weekend where dh was the bestman. So as soon as it was over, I was ready. I took blue/black cohosh all day on Sunday without so much as a contraction. I did let the midwife check a week ago and I was 3 cent and 80% so I feel like a ticking time bomb. I feel like it's another big baby and my dh is worried this one is even bigger. My last one was 10lbs 6oz, a week early. I have always been induced so I have never been pregnant this long before.

So how do you deal with the anticipation and with all the stupid things people say? The biggest thing with us is that I get really big with pregnancy, I guess b/c the babies are big. So people can be so brutal without even knowing it. I have only gained 20lbs but my stomach is so big that xl maternity is tight.

Anyway you ladies are my heros. I am trying so hard for a natural birth. I struggled with taking the cohosh and really did that more for dh. I have been educated so much this time and now I know the dangers of inducing.

I'm just trying not to go out of my skin.

Thanks for letting me whine.
Audrey
#23 of 33 Old 04-19-2005, 09:24 AM

My last was 11 pounds, and I'm "due" today. I've also been induced in the past, so this is the furthest I've gone. I feel good because my midwife doesn't think this baby is going to break our record- but even if she did, remember that unless you're spilling sugar your body isn't going to make a baby you can't birth. I really really believe that.

Can you take a break from the cohosh and do something really settling for you? Massage, a bath, anything? I think less stress and relaxing will go further than the cohosh in preparing your body.

I know because I'm there with you that it is really hard to imagine that your body can and WILL do this. After being induced, especially multiple times, it feels as if your body just can't or won't, but it will- it really will.

I hope you get some time to unwind and relax. A watched pot doesn't boil, you know? I understand though, I'm struggling with these same thoughts myself... I just got to see my midwife yesterday so I'm feeling mroe patient and relaxed. Love to you, mama!
#24 of 33 Old 04-19-2005, 01:05 PM

I'm overdue by three days. Not so terrible in itself. I'm a little tired but feel fine, and my baby is getting ready! What makes it difficult is my over-controlling, narcissistic mother staying with me to "help" with my three year old daughter. I know her intentions are good but essentially she has taken over every aspect of our lives and dh and I feel like hostages in our own home. She criticizes both of us constantly, disregards our wishes concerning dd (buys her junk food, takes her to church) She takes it upon herself to do everything; cooking, laundry, cleaning toilets, and then complains loudly about it afterwards. According to her, everyday since my due date in another nail in the baby's coffin, urging me at every liitle pain to "go to the emergency room in order to be induced". I'm vbac'ing, have herpes, and am trying to remain calm in order to avoid outbreak so I can deliver naturally. It's seriously an absurd situation and would be funny if she were not so intense and in my face 24/7. Oh, and we've told her she doesn't need to do any of these things. Nor does she need to stay for such an extended period of time, "I'm sure dad misses you"!
#25 of 33 Old 04-19-2005, 03:46 PM

I'm still here :LOL I hate this being on the clock stuff. Frankly, my gut tells me that my body just isn't ready and that waiting it out w/o intervention is the safest course of action but frustratingly, I can't deliver w/MW after 2wks post dates and my MIL (who is wonderful and will take care of DD1) is leaving on the 26, so I really, really need to go into labor soon.
#26 of 33 Old 04-19-2005, 04:30 PM

I really, really, really don't want to get to 42 weeks because my mw likes to strip membranes at that time. I don't want to have pressure on me to do that, I feel I would probably give in. I will be 41 weeks tommorow. Sigh, I hope she comes soon!

#27 of 33 Old 04-19-2005, 04:42 PM

I hear you two! I really don't want to make it to 42 weeks because that is when my midwife can't be there... but I don't awnt to do anything to intervene, natural or not...

But it is only now my EDD, so I am feeling confident
#28 of 33 Old 04-19-2005, 05:58 PM

Rainbow- I appreciate your support. I do feel like this baby will never come. I guess it's b/c this is the farthest I've ever gone. I know in my head that the baby will come and it will be the perfect size. But with everyone giving me a hard time about the size, it makes it more stressfull. I am sure you are right there with me. Most of the people in my life are not "natural." So they don't understand. They think just get induced, no big deal.
#29 of 33 Old 04-19-2005, 10:37 PM

Audrey - how did you take the cohosh? I made myself some black cohosh "tea" today. Good god is that awful!!!! blech! I'm not feeling anything yet, I have no idea how long it is supposed to take.

I'm going to have my membranes stripped tomorrow. I'm hoping I go into labor tonight and can avoid it!

Good luck mamas!
#30 of 33 Old 04-20-2005, 01:06 AM

Buddy of hubby's just announced the arrival of his first child. She came a day early! I'm so very jelous. A day early.....sigh....I wish.

I'm really feeling rather depressed about it. Whether I should be or not that is the way I feel. I just can't help it. I try not to think about it, doesn't help, so I try to think about it and that doesn't help. Try to think how every day is a day closer and this won't matter once she gets here but sometimes I just break down. I'm such a wimp!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page