Tell me I'm not alone here... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-25-2005, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm the only remaining member on my mainstream DD forum that is still pg... Of course I haven't even gotten to my EDD yet LOL Anybody still here and PG?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-25-2005, 03:25 PM

Me! My EDD was yesterday...
#3 of 9 Old 04-25-2005, 06:20 PM

Today is my EDD.

I've been repeating several mantras for the past month about how baby doesn't have a calendar in there, and baby is due when baby arrives, etc, but last night, the time when I hoped to be in active labor and wasn't, I got really sad.

I was trying to avoid the whole number expectation but it was stuck in my head that today would be the day and I had the notion that Sprout would arrive in the wee hours of the morning. I was up and down all night, kinda mourning the expectation. While I still have hopes on when Sprout will arrive, I've been working on letting that go, especially because I'm feeling really guilty about the whole thing- This baby isn't even outside of my body yet and here I am foisting my own expectations and pressures onto baby!

So, I'm trying to settle in for the long haul. I've already waited 280 days, I can wait more.

xoxoxoxo

Beth
#4 of 9 Old 04-25-2005, 10:17 PM

my edd was saturday, the 23rd. definately the hardest day of my pregnancy. i awoke feeling murderous. and it got worse as the day went by. i had been so sure this babe would be earlier.

i am up every night, cleaning, or when there is nothing left to clean, i pace. literally pace. last night for 45 minutes walking circles around my living room. i am not sure wether it is mental or hormonal, but i do not sleep untill at least 2am. and i have contractions. so many nights i am fooled into thinking ths is it.

last night i worked really hard on letting go a little, like boof was talking about. i mean really, i am making myself miserable. i could afford to have a lot less attachment. the baby will come when he's ready. every day i am closer to holding him in my arms. why not just wait and relax? all this is true, and it is also so hard. i have tryed to will myself into labor and it is not working. so i try to release it and make peace with whatever the night brings.

last time, with dd, on my due date i began taking blue cohosh, because i just 'couldnt' wait anymore. she was born 3 days after my due date. it was fine and beautiful, but this time around, i promised myself early on that i would do better at being patient when the time came. i think i am older, wiser, and want to use this as a learning and growing experience. i want to trust that i will go into labor without any force on my part.

it is hard though. i am really struggling.
#5 of 9 Old 04-26-2005, 06:26 AM

My EDD was the 13th, and I'm still here!
#6 of 9 Old 04-27-2005, 07:58 PM

feeling left out of the fun here in the april thread. anyone else?

maybe i should move over to may so i can be in about the same time frame as others.

maybe its just self pity. it sure would feel anticlimactic to come here and post *gee, i had my baby.*

am i making any sense? i am having a hard day. i am so tired. i just want to be able to sleep. i want to lay on my stomach. i want ot not have to worry about wether my midwife is going to worry if i stay pregnant much longer. around here, they dont deliver babies out of hospital past 42 wks. i am so scared of the hospital.
#7 of 9 Old 04-27-2005, 09:05 PM

sunbaby, how far past your EDD are you? we will be totally excited for you WHENEVER your babe arrives!!!! hang in there momma you're doing a GREAT job
#8 of 9 Old 04-28-2005, 12:17 AM

I for one am still checking in to hear all about the rest of the births for the month!

I know though that when I went past my EDD reading all the announcements was bittersweet. I was ready to meet my baby, and it seemed like *everyone* else would get to first. That week over, though I anticipated it, was hard!

I hope nobody leaves to another EDD board, maybe share in two instead
#9 of 9 Old 04-28-2005, 04:19 PM

thanks guys. i really need that. i am so gloomy and moody so often. my fears are really big sometimes, even though i am trying to be peaceful and patient.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page