i'll be the first one!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 09-05-2004, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,
I'm due with number 3 May 9, 2005. I am so excited!

Coincidentally, I live in North Delta, BC--so a lot of locals here! Hey, what midwives do you all use--I had trouble getting through to one last week.

Anne
#32 of 54 Old 09-05-2004, 01:27 AM

anne....my midwife is anne barkham....i love her. she was there for my homebirth and cant complain at ALL. who did you get?
#33 of 54 Old 09-05-2004, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

congrats to you anne!! #3 wow!! that's great. sometimes i think i would like to have 3 but i am not sure b/c of my age. then again i didnt think i wanted more than one in the beginning but my dh kept saying loo needs a sib. she does love other kids and ppl so much that i think it is true she might be a bit lonely by herself.

there is 3 of us from BC!! yipee. i hope you find a great midwife. here in victoria we have the most midwives per capita in all of bc so it is a bit easier to choose.

i felt pretty yukky today but some organic natural ginger ale really made me feel alot better. didnt really think it would but i needed to clean up so i just kept gluggin it down.
#34 of 54 Old 09-05-2004, 05:49 PM

Anne Barkam was who was first recommended to me--so originally I was going to call her but since she moved to Ft. Langley I was trying Heather Hall who attended the homebirth of another friend--but she never returned my call so I tried Anne Barkam again--but it was Friday and they only have office hours Tues-Thurs. It was a frustrating week but I do have a FP in Vancouver who delivered (in hospital) my first 2 whom I adore but I do want to explore the option of a homebirth this time and am hoping the midwives won't be all full.

hollyhobbie, I'm 36 and will be 37 when the next one is born. I thought it was the last but my husband who only wanted 2 said something the other day about a fourth! Yikes! I love kids but am finding this whole preschool/toddler age thing exhausting!

Hopefully, I can get it sorted out soon.
Anne
#35 of 54 Old 09-05-2004, 06:33 PM

anne... my girlfriend had heather hall and loved her. there are some great ppl at childrens hosp, if you are willing to travel that far, camille bush worked out of there last i heard. there are alot out there. if anne is full, you can get other midwife names off of her too dont worry...its early enough. you'll get through. heather was working on-call for anne this weekend which is probably y she hasnt gotten back to you, yet.

i am soooooooooo grumpy today. me and dh arent getting along. he decided that he would drink last night without me (he went to the island for a family reunion) one day after i found out we were pg. i dont know y i am so steamed....but i sure as hell am. :

i hate this 'feeling like crying all the time' feeling. usually i am NOT a cryer. i almost cried inside a resteraunt yesterday, with my parents Because the waitress asked everybody BUT ME their order...i am a basketcase!!!!!! (i didnt even bother going to her to give her my order after...i was too afraid id bawl!!!) LOL I am a LOSER!!!
#36 of 54 Old 09-07-2004, 06:06 PM
nym

I think I am too join you all too!!! I just found out today that I am I have no idea when i am due, because I can't remember when we had sex! I think I am due the first week of May!

I am from BC too! I want to find a midwife, but I doubt there are any here I went to the clinic to take a test because I didn't think I could be pregnant, but the sore nibbles when nursing and the horrible m/s already convinced me I had to go in!

Jenn! YAY!!!!!!

This is awesome all the BC mamas!
#37 of 54 Old 09-07-2004, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

congrats nym!!! are you in fort st. john?? i had a job in fort nelson once. i lasted 4 weeks and quit to go back to vancouver island!! i had this big romantic idea of the north! ha! it was not Cicely Alaska like in northern exposure if you ever saw the show a few years back! i dunno if there are any midwives up there. sorta doubt it too. i remember it being hard to get medical care as in a dr even in some smaller communities i have lived in! good luck to ya.

i am having sore sore boobs too with the nursing. i am basically nightweaning boo and i think she is ready but gawsh she is restless when i dont nurse her. which is a total pain when i am awake between 3 and 4 am b/c she is having a hard time fallin back asleep. i want to give in and nurse her but i know its a process so i have to be patient. i really dont want to be nightnursing 2!!!!
#38 of 54 Old 09-07-2004, 07:07 PM
nym

Yep, I am in fort st john. I doubt I will find a midwife here, even though FSJ has the highest birthrate in all of BC. There is only one OB/GYN too. I think Ill ask around and then maybe Ill go for an (un)planned homebirth :P

We moved here from Parksville on the Island, so it is hard, but there is work for DH here
#39 of 54 Old 09-07-2004, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

it is so amazing that there is so many bc mom's on this thread. i have a friend IRL who is due about two weeks before me too! shes the one who got me into cloth diapering. nym, some day i will have to send you an email about when i moved from prince rupert to fort nelson in NOVEMBER! and my car broke down, then i got a flat tire just before FSJ. with my cat and dawg in the car!! then i got the last room in FSJ that night which i think was really a broom closet. well there are some beautiful things up there though and i understand the work thing. if my husband's job with ICBC ends then it'll be vancouver or probably some small town and i think i would prefer a small town. wow this is a book.

hope you find someone to help you deliver the baby. i am so glad i can have a homebirth again without worry. well that is if all goes well!! boo is in daycare 2 mornings a week so i can work at home doing an ebay thing and just do my running around. i feel guilty a bit but she seems happy to be with the other kids doing lots of activities. she was supposed to go to an infant preschool thing but the renos were delayed so it wont start until january. it is out of the jewish synagogue downtown. we arent jewish but we are a bi-racial family so i figure diversity is always good!!
#40 of 54 Old 09-07-2004, 08:29 PM
nym

Eeek, that doesn't sound like much fun. You are from PR? We lived in Terrace! Hahahah Such a small world I tell ya!
#41 of 54 Old 09-07-2004, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

nope, i just went to PR from gibsons for work b/c i was desperate and knew someone at alcohol and drug so i went.... i think i have worked in far too many communities in bc but i grew up in the lower mainland but i think of the island as home b/c my whole family is here now. my partner's family is from vernon now. his mom was from PR but during WW2 they were interned somewhere near vernon after losing their fishing boat and home and everything else!!

ok, i gotta get off the computer and get a life!! my dh took boo to the park so i am hogging it to my hearts content!
#42 of 54 Old 09-07-2004, 11:29 PM

Mind if I join you? We just found out on Sunday and I'm four weeks and a day I guess. We're planning another homebirth for this one.

Anyway, thanks for letting me join.

Bonnie
#43 of 54 Old 09-07-2004, 11:37 PM

Kinda makes you wonder about the water here in BC, LOL

Hey, Jenn, I got an appt at Heritage Midwifery. I'm excited! There are some issues from my past pregnancy/ after birth that still need to be discussed but I'm glad I've at least gotten this far.

Anne
#44 of 54 Old 09-08-2004, 03:29 PM
nym

Cool!

I want a midwife!!! I havent even gone in to see a doctor yet. It is too depressing here!
#45 of 54 Old 09-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Len

Can I join you?

I knew I was pregnant from the moment it "happened" but now two positive tests and a lack of AF back my suspicion..... so here I am, and according to my estimate my date will be may 9...

And guess what? I'm in BC too we lived in Vancouver for 8 years but we just moved to West Van, in the horshoe bay area.

: Jenn!! it's too funny to find you here! Who would have thought (we just met IRL a couple of weeks ago)

Anyway, I'll be posting around here from now on I guess!
#46 of 54 Old 09-08-2004, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

holy, holy, holy as my niece used to say. there are sure a bunch of BC mama's here.

congrats zebrabelly and len!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more mommies the better.

sorry nym, it is depressing to think of having no midwife. i feel like my midwife is part of the family.

i got 3 packages of diapers in the mail today! yipee. two were small stuff and one bigger ones for cassia. it was so nice b/c i was having a crappy day b/c loo is havin a problem with constipation. she just cries and cant poop. from what i have read it is fairly common but disturbing none the less. i have a suspicion it is the milk we've been giving her so i went out and bought goats milk to try for a week.

hope everyone is feeling good. i feel exhausted today!
#47 of 54 Old 09-08-2004, 07:59 PM
nym

So I went to see the doctor today, and got some blood taken. I have to have a u/s on friday to check dates and such. I went and got some prenatal vitamins, but when I got home and looked at the bottle they are full of icky fillers, so I am going to take them back.

I am not looking forward to having to find a newborn diaper stash now. I hate the stress of it all
#48 of 54 Old 09-08-2004, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

yikes, i guess i will have to do the bloodwork thing next time i go to the midwife. no u/s though. last time i didnt plan on having one at all then i needed one b/c of bleeding at 15 weeks. wasnt fun even though i guess it is supposed to be in a way. that sounds dumb. what i mean is some parents are looking forward to seeing the baby on the screen.

nym, do you knit?? i am going to re-learn at a rec centre course starting on sept 30. my mom is a real knitter and taught me a couple of times but i get stuck and frustrated so i thought a course once a week would be good. i want to be able to knit a soaker. i have my mom working on a couple for me right now. i have been buying the wool to try and control the outcome. putting together a nb stash right now is fun b/c last time i decided to use the diaper service to start and it was a disaster so i switched to huggies and that was that until about a month ago when i went cd mad
#49 of 54 Old 09-08-2004, 10:16 PM

I just got a positive test result this evening! Mind if I join the due date club?

My husband said that he knew we were pregnant from conception. I guess his intuition was right. His intuition has also told him that it will be a girl. I am very curious to find out if this is true!
#50 of 54 Old 09-08-2004, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

welcome clucky!!!! and congrats!!!! yayayyayaaayyy!

do you have any idea what day you would be due?? i got my positive test i guess about 2 weeks ago since i am 6 weeks!! today! i am glad to be 6 already since it seems to be going smoothly so far.

how are ya feeling? that is funny that dh knew. i said to a gf that i would be surprised if i wasnt pg this month. i just had a funny feeling that and i am way too fertile for someone my age! ha ha.
#51 of 54 Old 09-08-2004, 10:58 PM

thank you hollyhobbie!
I think I am 3 weeks pregnant. We don't remember the exact day that it happened... I am not really sure how to know the due date. I have a doctor's appointment next week, but I don't plan to have any u/s unless I have to for medical reasons.

Dh is so cute. He just said he wished he could mount the positive preg test to the wall for display :LOL we are settling for taking a picture.

I am feeling kind of tired and my nipples hurt like crazy if anything bumps into them. Besides that I think I am doing pretty well
#52 of 54 Old 09-09-2004, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

if you want to know then you can enter your last menstrual period in here
http://www.medcalc.com/pregnancy.html
and it will tell you all your dates. may be a bit off depending on your cycle length and when you O'd. but it is fun anyways!!
#53 of 54 Old 09-09-2004, 02:11 AM

that gives me the 12th of May! Though I could be off by a couple of days.
#54 of 54 Old 09-09-2004, 12:14 PM

I go off this thing for a few days and it is so much busier!!!

CONGARADULATIONS!!! to nym, zebrabelly, cluckyinaz and Len!!!! i am so happy for you all!!!

Anne....i talked to our midwife yesterday (woo hoo we have the same midwife!!! you better not be in labor the same day as me or im coming over!!) i love anne barkham so much.

Len ...fancy seeing you here YEAH!!!

nym....sucks about the mw situation. are you going to get a doula? at least then youd have a powerful advocate at the birthplace

hey hollie how are you doing? I am sooooooo tired too. no nausea yet thou.

ok gotta run...tty soon
jenn

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page