i'll be the first one!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 08-22-2004, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have been getting positives since friday but they are kinda light. my chart, first ever triphasic, is a thing of beauty so i guess i should trust that more!! my due date will be may 02, 2005 which is my dad's birthday. i had a miscarriage in june and so far i feel good about this one. i never felt great about the last one. something just felt off. this time i have sore boobies and am HUNGRY all the time. forgot what that was like. i am obsessing over cloth diapers and spending too much on em!

sooooo, is there anyone else out there?? gotta update my sig!!
#2 of 54 Old 08-22-2004, 09:55 PM

Poking in from feb to say ...

CONGRATS!
#3 of 54 Old 08-22-2004, 10:42 PM

Congrats...I so hope to join you this month!
#4 of 54 Old 08-23-2004, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

thanks so much!! the last light positive turned pretty dark after a couple of hrs so i feel better i dunno why. i am supposed to get a root canal on thursday well one re-done so i think i have to put it off to the 2nd tri. there is a bit of an infection so i have started taking garlic, vitamin c and i always take O3mega oil. hope it will be ok.
#5 of 54 Old 08-23-2004, 01:23 AM

Congratulations!!!
#6 of 54 Old 08-25-2004, 04:34 PM

Congratulations holly! Your due date is my daughter's birthday. I might be joining you soon once I get confirmation.
#7 of 54 Old 08-27-2004, 04:09 PM

After getting such a light line for a week that I thought I was hallucinating, today I finally got a clear positive!! I'm sooooo happy. We had a mc in April at 14 weeks and are so glad to be expecting again!

Our due date is May 5th, and we already have a 3-yo dd who is thrilled about the new baby :-)

homeschooling mamma to dd1 7/01 , dd2 5/05, and '00, '04, '07, 6/09, 12/09
#8 of 54 Old 08-28-2004, 10:50 PM

I'm here!

I'm due 5/9. Nervous about joining so soon, but I'm not going to hold back in rejoicing in this pregnancy. It goes so quickly!

Congratulations to all the other May mommies!
#9 of 54 Old 08-29-2004, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

to cuckoomama and slightly crunchy!! glad to be not so alone anymore!!

good news is that i talked to my midwife and the whole root canal thing sounds like it is going to be ok. had to argue with the dentist that no i could not consult with my dr/gp as she did not even know i was pg and wouldnt unless i needed to see her for something else! it was kinda funny but terse if ya know what i mean.

bad news is i felt barfy today really kinda for the first time. which is good i mean if you had a miscarriage before like me MS makes you feel better in a way. nothing seem appealing when it comes to food except crap like cookies, tea biscuits and cups of tea. shoot, i just realised i brewed myself some raspeberry leaf tea about an hr and a half ago and left it downstairs! i am addicted to the cd'ing brd and the trading post. buying cute, cute, cute little diapers in NB size. i dont even want to think about how much money i spent. keep tellin myself i can resell em!

how's everyone else feelin?
#10 of 54 Old 08-30-2004, 01:20 AM

CuckooMamma, I'm due May 5 too! Cool!

I am still waiting for any symptoms besides sore boobies. Anyone else like that or do you already have symptoms? I am hoping that I don't have anything to worry about (I take a hpt test every morning and it's still positive, so that relieves me a bit!).
#11 of 54 Old 08-30-2004, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

nope, i have a bit of nausea if i dont eat enuf. that's it. with my dtr i dont think i got real MS until about 6-7 weeks in. when i miscarried i felt really sick immediately. i mean by 4 weeks! so i dunno if it really tells anything. i get tired too by the afternoon.
#12 of 54 Old 08-30-2004, 06:24 PM

From my own experience, nausea didn't mean didley about mc'ing either. I had extreme nausea during the last pregnancy. At 12 weeks they found the heart wasn't beating. I didn't miscarry until 14 weeks and felt nauseated almost up until the day we mc'd. So, I also wouldn't worry too much if you weren't feeling nauseated.

I threw up last week and have had a couple of vicious migraines. Unfortunately, I spotted a tiny bit today and am now wondering if this is a bad sign. I broke out all the preggo books that say bleeding may mean nothing, but you know how it goes...you always think the worst.

Sending you all happy and healthy baby vibes!

#13 of 54 Old 08-30-2004, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

ya know, i spotted and bled quite a bit with baby loo but in my gutt i just never felt like i was gonna miscarry. it just felt right and part of it was ignorance. the second time when i miscarried, as soon as i saw the first spot, i knew it was all over. first time i had a shoot forget what it is called but a small tear in the placenta. evntually it healed up and everything was fine. i am crossing my fingers for no spotting this time. i have done accupuncture and i am picking up some chinese herbs tomorrow so i wil have done everything i can to keep my uterus "calm" and happy.

had my first midwife visit today and it was lovely. i have a different midwife but she was my back up last time so i know her fairly well and she is upbeat and knows lots! we have another appointment in 2 weeks to start the peeing on sticks and talking about tests. last time i refused all testing and will go the same route again. i am going to be 39 when this babe is born. how bout everyone else? what age will you be?
#14 of 54 Old 08-30-2004, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

ps. my midwife gave me a due date of 05/05/05 like a couple of other moms here. gonna be a busy night if we all deliver at the same time. betcha there are lots and lots of other moms with the same date!!
#15 of 54 Old 08-30-2004, 10:37 PM

So glad to hear that your midwife appt. went well. I'm thinking of scheduling one myself this week. I had been holding off as they usually don't want to see you before 8 weeks at their practice, but I'm hoping they can tell me all is okay. No more spotting now, but I have this feeling of dread. But heck, last pregnancy I thought everything was completely fine with the baby up until I looked at the u/s monitor. I'm just not sure what to think. Hearing your story of spotting and still having a healthy baby is encouraging. I did another home test this afternoon and it was a strong positive. I guess I'm just so worried after last time.

So there are three of us so far, right? And all due on the 5th? This could be a lot of fun!

#16 of 54 Old 08-30-2004, 10:39 PM

Sorry! I just saw that there were more moms. I'm losing my mind already!

#17 of 54 Old 08-31-2004, 11:17 AM

Hey ladies!! Congrats to everyone

Can I join in here too?

I'm due on May 2nd with baby#2. We will probobally have a homebirth. I met with one midwife yesterday. I really liked her and while I had a good birth with Nick once I got to the birth center the hospital burecarcy was so hard to deal with that we want to avoid it this time.
#18 of 54 Old 08-31-2004, 02:00 PM

I'm due in May too! Due date is May 6th...

Congrats everyone!! :
#19 of 54 Old 09-01-2004, 01:44 PM

:
hoping that i get a +
i had a m/c a month ago...so i dont even know if its a possiblilty, but i had all the signs of ovulation. today i am 13 dpo. i really want to test before i go camping this w/e....but part of me just says relax. i suppose that if i dont test and come back with no af i'll know. we dont plan on telling any irl ppl until at least 2 mo...maybe 3, when it happens.

hoping to report back with a bun in the oven
sending everyone wishes

jenn
#20 of 54 Old 09-01-2004, 02:55 PM

Jenn I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Danielle -- Hey there... I guess we're on two sites together (I'm mommy2nick on BOLU)
#21 of 54 Old 09-01-2004, 11:35 PM

Hey! Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilg127
Jenn I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Danielle -- Hey there... I guess we're on two sites together (I'm mommy2nick on BOLU)
#22 of 54 Old 09-01-2004, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

yup, crossing my fingers for you too jenn. i was completely obsessed with testing this month so my hat's off to you for your kewl as a cucumber approach!!

lilg, (oops, it's zack'smom) are you the diaper stash mom. i forgot already and sigs are missing on this page! anyway, i am so jealous. i have been collecting nd dipes. just started cd'ing with my 19 month old dtr too!! it's crazy. i already got some LL nbs off ebay i think and one very baby dipe and cover and i forget how many i am waiting for. just seconds ago ordered a rainbow of prefolds. i just cant wait to cd right from day one!!!!! sorry to other moms about going on about diapers it is my pregnancy obsession.

still feeling good and drinking my yukky herb tea. hope everyone else is feeling ok. oh yeah baby loo was born at home and i hope the next one will be born there too!! it was so great.
#23 of 54 Old 09-02-2004, 04:15 PM

I haven't bought any nb dipes yet and I'm soooo wanting to! I'm waiting for that "special" one to jump out at me before I start building my stash. I have been stalking ebay though...
#24 of 54 Old 09-02-2004, 11:54 PM

14 dpo today....must.....take .......test.....
cant....take it....much longer....
#25 of 54 Old 09-02-2004, 11:56 PM

ouuuuuuu i LOVE nb dipes TOO. this is so unfair as i am soooo poor. i have 3 nb cd already. going to a baby swap meet to find pleasing cd price tags on sept 11.
#26 of 54 Old 09-03-2004, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

jenn, take a test!! i took about 8 or 9 so you could do 1!! just buy a good one and no cheapies. the digital ones by cbe work well. they are expensive but you get 3.

i just noticed you are in surrey!!!!! i grew up there!! although i usually dont like to admit it as it was/is known for being a rough part of town!!

i have ordered waaaay too many diapers then realised i am broke b/c my tax return is $159 not thousands like i thought! silly me. we'll live and i am going to start ebaying my mountain of "collectables" i have in the closet!!

let us know what is goin on. do you just "know" you are pg??? or are not sure. i just knew but i was charting so that made it pretty clear pretty quick!
#27 of 54 Old 09-03-2004, 03:16 PM

I wish I had my NB dipes, I gave em to my brother it'd be fun to go through them and get excited about using them again... His baby will be out of new born sizes so I get them back but still want them :
#28 of 54 Old 09-03-2004, 11:50 PM

WOO HOO!!!! I AM HERE TO STAY!!!!!!! Okay i broke down and went to the walkin clinic today (because im cheep )
and took a test. i still feel like af is going to come anytime...i think it needs to absorb. i had early m/c july, and cant believe im pg again so soon.

holliehobbie....were you in whalley??? im in newton and its not so bad. i still hate to say im from surrey sometimes too... :LOL

who's already telling ppl irl and whos not? i think b/c i had the m/c i will not tell irl except my 2 bestfriends, until ppl either figure it out or i feel in the clear that it will stick.

wishes to everyone

cant wait to spend the next 9 with you all
jenn
#29 of 54 Old 09-04-2004, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

big congrats jenn!!!

yes, i grew up in whalley and couldnt wait to move away. wasnt exactly a hotbed of alternative ideas!! my brother in law & his g/f live close to newton but i think it is delta. so nice to have someone who is close and can relate on the canadian issues b/c sometimes there is a real difference on health stuff.

i have been having major food aversions. hard to keep eating. since i am still nursing i am a bit worried about getting enuf in. also kinda hoping my little one weans or cuts back alot on nursing b/c it hurts and i am getting impatient with it all the time. she is not much of an eater!!
#30 of 54 Old 09-04-2004, 03:26 AM

i couldnt imagine what nursing must feel like right now! my nipples are the size of cherry pits, and soo sore atm. so far for symptoms, its just that, and that ive been really tired and short with dh (poor man!!)

i can see why you wanted to get out of whalley! not alot of natural parenting apperant there! i dont know alot of momma's irl that share my parenting views. oh well. thats y i love it on mdc so much. local mdc mamas around here meet every so often so thats nice too.

i am NOT going to sleep tonight ok talk to you later

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page