Anyone with previous m/c? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-15-2004, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had one earlier this year at 11.5 weeks, so for me I won't feel like I can start believing this might happen until after the 1st trimester is done - no matter how big I get! (I was in maternity clothes at that time)

I just had my levels checked and was told that everything was perfect. Progesterone - 36, hCG 119.

And is this changing how quickly anyone of you are telling others? For me, it's just family and maybe a good friend or two.

Corssing all fingers and toes over here!

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 09-15-2004, 08:18 PM

I had a m/c in 2000. It was a VERY early one and i didn't even know i was pg until it was almost over. I bled for about a month (had done that before) and one night had some really bad pain and went to the ER. My hcg at the time was 44. I wish i had more advice for you. I have not had another one and had two perfect pregnancies and am hopeing the current one goes as good.

Crossing my fingers and toes for you.
#3 of 9 Old 09-15-2004, 09:19 PM

I envy you that you'll feel better after the 1st trimester. My fingers, toes, and hair will be crossed until my baby is suckling at my breast. My Julianna was perfect right up until the very end. No indication of any problem but her heart stopped just minutes before she came out . I hope our babies come to us.
#4 of 9 Old 09-15-2004, 10:31 PM

i miscarried at 8 weeks in june. i had to go to the hospital b/c i was bleeding heavy and i was distraught b/c i had cassia at home. but my midwife held my hand and i had good care.

this time i have felt super positive. i try to limit my toilet paper checking. i realised yesterday that i havent really let myself feel pg even thought i feel like this one is gonna stick. when i miscarried, i was telling everyone who would listen it didnt feel right. but i said if i believe in non-intervention then i accept death as well as life. but i do feel completely different and it is reassuring b/c i thought i would feel the same dread i did last time.

i also went for accupuncture and am drinking this horrible chinese medicine tea to "hold baby" it says on the jar! i think this makes me feel a little more secure in some way, like i did what i could. even though the accupunturist said if i was going to miscarry this would not prevent it but just basically "calm" my uterus.

i cant wait to wear maternity clothes b/c i have no regular clothes that fit. hugs to us all.
#5 of 9 Old 09-15-2004, 11:27 PM

i mc earlier this summer at 5 weeks. we told everyone last time. even brought the hpt to show my mom. untelling was painful and awkward.

this time i have had vivid dreams of a mc. only 5 ppl besides dh and i know( my mom, dad, mil, 2 close friends). its scary still but i am DYING to tell some more ppl. i'll prolly only make it to 8 weeks before blabbing, but want to wait till 10. im my sisters maid of honour in late Oct., and ill need to tell here that my dress may need to be bigger :LOL
#6 of 9 Old 09-15-2004, 11:29 PM

I miscarried @ 10 weeks/4 days in May. So, like you, I won't feel 'ok' about this pregnancy until after the 1st trimester.

I find myself constantly worrying about every little cramp & expecting to find blood on the toilet paper every time I wipe .

I definately won't be telling lots of people until I'm done with the first trimester and have heard my babys heartbeat. With my previous pregnancy the day before I started bleeding my mum had told our extended family at a family party. I thought things would be okay since I was so close to the end of the first trimester. Obviously, that was a big mistake.

Hopefully everything goes great for all of us *fingers crossed*.
#7 of 9 Old 09-16-2004, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

I am truly sorry for everyone's loss, but feel fortunate that we get have another opportunity and have each other to help us through it.

berkeleyp, If I had gone through my m/c without talking to anyone about it, I probably would feel great after the first trimester, but I have heard too many stories now about situations like yours that makes me realize that there is no "safe" time. In fact, I was even cautious throughout my first pg knowing that until the baby is in my arms, anything can happen. to you BTW, I live in CT too, but the South Western part of the state.
#8 of 9 Old 09-16-2004, 12:29 AM

Hugs to everyone. I mc'd at 19 weeks -- the baby had stopped developing at 14 weeks. I didn't bleed at all, but 'knew' something was wrong for about a month. I even told my mw what I thought might have happened (that the baby died and I just didn't miscarry it). As soon as she told me that was possible, I felt a strange mix of sadness and relief -- like my conscious and unconscious minds finally connected. Anyway, I don't know when I will ever feel 'relief' this time. I think once you become pregnant, the worries never stop, be it now when we hold our child inside of us, or sixteen years down the road when they get their driver's license. Anything can happen at any time, and I guess my biggest struggle is in surrendering control and letting each moment come as it will. It is very hard to do. Baby and : for all of us.
#9 of 9 Old 09-16-2004, 07:23 PM

Arg. Just lost my last reply to this and now my toddler is out of patience.

Anyway, it is sad that there are so many of us.

I had a miscarriage in February of this year at 12.5 weeks. I'm feeling good about this pregnancy.

I hope we all have babies to hold in our arms come May.

Christine

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page