Weekly chat Sept 26 - Oct 2 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i started feeling much more sick this weekend. i still havent thrown up yet which is a good thing because with ds and dd i became dehydrated both time i was so sick. i have been just waiting for it to happen. the fatigue is starting to ease up and my nipples arent as sore as before. my breasts are tender but nothing like they were.

my carvings are all but gone the only problem being that i dont feel like eating anything even though i am starving all of the time.

my first app is when i am 12 weeks along so not for a couple of weeks yet.
#32 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdamona
Keri,

I lost Gabriel's twin when i was about 9 weeks pg and went through much of what you are experiencing. It was the scarriest time in my life to know I was PG, to be bleeding and not know what the heck the end result was going to be... 2 babies, 1 baby, no babies???

I do always wonder if the twin I lost was the little girl I dreamt about when i was PG with Gabriel...?

I hope everything turns out okay with you. s

Desa,
The same thing happened to me with my 2nd pregnancy, but I did not mascarry the twin, They said that it just reabsorbed. I also think and wonder about my disapperaring twin.

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#33 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

OMG - What was I thinking? I can't believe suddenly that I thought I could do this. I'm feeling so ill. I don't want to eat anything and the more I don't eat anything, the more ill I feel. Eating actually even makes me feel ill. The nausea has just stepped up the last two days. Aleks is watching a ton of TV, but won't even do that enough for me to make myself some food without burning it! I am being such an awful mama and I just can't see what made me think this was a good idea. I just feel awful. How can I be a good mama to two when I'm not even making it through the first FIVE weeks very well?

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#34 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Banned

*gasp* when did you become a moderator! congratulations.

you can do this! for the past month, i've been telling andy every day 'we're never having another baby!' but this week the nausea is letting up and i almost feel normal. there have been some days where i've just laid there and let scout watch baby einstein but she's no worse for the wear and neither will aleks.

i cried last night, though. scout is nursing like crazy but my supply seems to be slipping. i'm going to order the more milk two tincture. i hope this works!
#35 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 06:41 PM

Anna - I'm sorry your feeling so bad. Just try to eat whenever you can. Your not a bad Mama. You can do it and you will feel better before you know it.

Keri -I am glad your tests came back good.

gingerlane and Gigi -

to everyone who feels yucky and experiencing m/s

I am having very strange dreams and I wake up very easily. For the past 2 night, I woke up at 4am and could not go back to sleep until after dh's alarm went off at 5:15.
I am begining to feel less tired.
#36 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 07:11 PM
nym

How can you tell you have less milk? I am soo worried about this..
#37 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Banned

well, she switches back and forth and back and forth, nursing for less than a minute on each side. sometimes she'll stick to one side and keep nursing but it doesn't sound like she is swallowing much.

it's sad. the best nursing is the first early morning one. you can actually hear her. it seems to go downhill from there. i think this is day three? i'm really hoping this more milk two stuff helps. i guess it works pretty well.
#38 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Banned

i'm also trying to drink even more water and eat more oatmeal.
#39 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 07:39 PM
nym

Kai does nurse from both sides, but I can hear him swallowing. Sometimes I still have a huge letdown and he just gulps trying to keep up with it. I have noticed that he is nursing a lot more though. We are up to 11 times today already. He nurses all night too...
#40 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

plum, I just became a moderator as I finished writing that post.

Thanks for the hugs. I just feel really crappy and my mood is taking a nose dive because of it. Aleks isn't being damaged irrevocably by the videos, or maybe he is, but it's not like I'm locking him in a closet, right? That's my husband's reassurance coming through there. Jon's just started his PhD program, so even though he's here a lot of the time, he's not here even when he's here in a big way. It's not like he can do everything while I lay around and do nothing. So he does a lot while I lay around and do next to nothing instead. I just can't focus right now on things like potty learning or abandoning the pacifier or watching less tv. All I can do is feel miserable. Try to get through the day. But it's miserable. And I know that I don't even have terrible morning sickness. It's just constant, annoying, threatening nausea. I only threw up once last pregnancy. But it's always threatening and it feels like a constant battle nonetheless. Ugh...

Hope you get your supply back up, Jamie!

#41 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 08:20 PM
nym

Congrats anna!! What are you moderating?

#42 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 09:59 PM

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#43 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Banned

yes, ms evergreen? do you have something to say?

( : )
#44 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 11:25 PM

Anna, Your feelings are normal. And it doesn't last forever - not even the whole pregnancy. Just get through it the best you can and whatever that means, do it. You are still showing him love and that's all that matters. Adn congrats on being a moderator!
#45 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 11:27 PM

What does it mean to be a moderator?
#46 of 55 Old 09-29-2004, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Being a moderator means keepin' you fine folks in line here at MDC. :cop: Moderators ensure that the rules are abided by mostly.

#47 of 55 Old 09-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Len

and now we have 2 moderators in this due date club???? oooohhh we better behave

Anna, I've tried to convince myself that my hormones have taken over my sanity, so I don't blame myself but my hormones for my inability to be a perfect pregnant mother/wife. I was reading to ds this afternoon and suddenly I went to sleep z he was so mad at me!!

I've also found that fresh air works well for both of us, he mostly keeps busy on his own or with friends when we go out and fresh air keeps nausea away....

Playdates would be great if you know other kids your ds's age....
But it sounds like you're a great mom, and you have a great family.... so take it easy, we'll all go through this one way or the other.....

Lots of milky vibes to all of you that are nursing a young(er) one. DS is 5 so I'm not that concerned about it
#48 of 55 Old 09-30-2004, 10:41 AM

Don't feel bad, Anna, my little boy has been watching videos lately too. When he won't take a nap and I just can't do it anymore, I pop in Little People and I can snooze for 20 minutes. It keeps me going, but I am not proud of it. And I really really dislike for my son to watch any tv, but, sometimes it is the easy answer.

At 8 weeks, my nausea is getting worse. I only vomited once or twice last pregnancy, but now it has been every day, morning and night. And the kicker is, ds thinks it's HYSTERICAL. He will stand next to me as I heave, and laugh and say "mama's throwing up, and it's FUNNY". :LOL

I really really liked the MW I saw this week. Unfortunately, her backup OB is kinda conservative about VBAC's, so I'm waiting to hear if I can stay with her, or keep looking. It really irks me that women have such limitations in birthing choices in a lot of places. I think I need to move out west if we end up having a child after this one.

Welcome, Gingerlane!
#49 of 55 Old 09-30-2004, 04:06 PM

hello all. tired has officially taken my body hostage. as i type this i am thinking....y are you typing when you should be sleeping, instead? so i will go to bed....so much to say. no energy to say it. dont forget me if i dont type too much lately

night night
#50 of 55 Old 09-30-2004, 11:04 PM

oh goodness...just when I was getting a bit worried, because I had been having no nausea, of course, now the evening nausea hits me like a ton of bricks....yikes!

Still not very hungry

Still very hormonal feeling-poor DH!

Yowsers!
#51 of 55 Old 09-30-2004, 11:24 PM

I've had a couple of episodes of spotting today. I'm not sure what's up. I've been put on bedrest until my midwives/doctor figure out what's going on. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!
#52 of 55 Old 10-01-2004, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Oh robugmum, I hope that it's nothing.

nym, I found out that I am co-moderating Parenting Issues and am moderating Personal Growth. Didn't say before because we weren't sure where I was needed yet. I hope things are going okay for you.

Jenn - hope you are able to get some sleep!

fireflies - I know about that! Bought some sea-bands today and they don't seem to be doing anything at all. Have decided to go back to the time-release B6, but only 1/3 of the pill as the whole thing is 300 mg - yikes! Don't want to OD and hoping my headaches don't come back. I tried ginger candy and that didn't help. Eating really tiny amounts all day long (like a cracker, a piece of cheese, a pickle) seems to be working the best. I dont think the presidential debates helped though. Going to try some ginger brew I think, but will have to drive far away to actually get it and not sure I can really make the trip without feeling like passing out. I'll let you know if something starts to work. The B6 might help, actually, don't know yet...

Thanks for the encouragement Len. Fresh air isn't cutting it for us, but I know that DS needs it. I have plenty of playdates to go to, but my nausea isn't really letting me go very far at all. Will continue to find ways to battle it so that I can maybe make it out of the house some.

slightly crunchy - Sorry to hear about the backup OB. I guess you'll have to feel it out, see how it goes. You've got time!!!

#53 of 55 Old 10-01-2004, 09:42 AM

Robugmom- sending you lots of vibes!! I hope everything is ok.

I don't have time for personals this morning. I have a medication training class to attend for work. I hope everyone has a great day !!!
#54 of 55 Old 10-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Len

Oh, Maegen!!!
I sincerely hope everything is OK take it easy and keep us posted pls
#55 of 55 Old 10-02-2004, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

At the moment my husband is off to Wild Oats to get the following potential morning sickness aids:

apple cider vinegar
lemons
ginger brew
rainbow light morning sickness formula

We will see what happens. I have just been feeling worse and worse. I'm nauseous, so I don't want to eat. If I eat, I feel nauseous. If I don't eat, I feel more nauseous. Now on beans and brown rice diet. My sisters and one of their's boyfriend are in town this weekend. Have been making them clean and cook and care for Aleks. Feeling awful.

I did make a bargain with the universe that I would endure up to when I had m/s the last time (even though it started much later then) if everything is okay and we have this perfect child like we want to at the end. I don't know if that's a tall order or what. But I'm feeling pretty darn miserable right now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page