strange concern...feeling not sick enough - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-07-2004, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, complaining about not enough morning sickness - is that lame, or what?

With Griff, I was sick all day, every day. I keep thinking this time, "hey, in a couple of weeks I'll be sick as a dog," but then I looked at my pregnancy journal so I could figure out when it was at the worst...and it was right at this time, about 7 weeks.

I don't feel anywhere near as nauseated or tired this time. Add to that the fact that it took me until 2 weeks after AF was due to get a + HPT, and I'm very worried. I keep wondering what would cause low enough HCG in my urine to get neg tests early on, what would cause low enough hormone levels that I wouldn't feel sick this time. Molar pregnancy? Ectopic? Miscarriage that hasn't completed itself yet? Ugh. Or maybe it's just me - could BFing make a difference? How about the fact that I eat meat now, whereas I was a vegetarian when I was pg with Griff?

Please somebody tell me that you had negative HPTs, little or no morning sickness, and went on to have a perfectly healthy baby.

I have an OB appt tomorrow, and I'm hoping that they can show me somehow that everything is 100% fine. I know, I'm being silly.

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#2 of 6 Old 10-07-2004, 01:21 PM

I had to get a blood test with my second and the nurse came back saying "umm, does this say she's pregnant?" because even then it was coming up looking negative. I have never had morning sickness. She is now a wonderful 9 year old.
#3 of 6 Old 10-07-2004, 02:13 PM

I also had a neg test and no morning sickness with my dd who is 4. My 2nd pregnancy, i was sick as a dog..... worshiped the porcelin god daily, even the day she was born. They say that every pregnancy is different

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#4 of 6 Old 10-07-2004, 02:25 PM

Jess,

Every PG is different. The first PG I was SICK AS A DOG! And with #2 and #3 it was easy as pie. NO m/s at all. And I remember testing a week after AF was due with #2 and got a negative result. Went out with a girlfriend and drank a pitcher of sangria with her only to find out 2 weeks later I was PG.

Maybe you ovulated later than you originally thought and that's why it took 2 weeks lager to get a pos. PG test? Try not to worry so much. Be thankfully you aren't praying to the porcelian god every day. I hope that you find some reassurance at your Dr's appt tomorrow.
#5 of 6 Old 10-07-2004, 03:13 PM

Sorry you are so worried ~ I understand completely. I was feeling not-so-sick until a week ago (at just over 6 weeks). At that time, I told my mom about my worries. She said one of her friends was "sick as a dog" and still ended up miscarrying. As the others said, each pregnancy is different (I'm not having nearly as much ligament pain with this one as I did with my son), so try to put your mind at ease!

Also, I didn't get a positive HPT with my son until two weeks after AF was due ~ I may have ovulated a bit later than originally thought. I'm still not sure when he was really "due," but that's another story completely.
#6 of 6 Old 10-07-2004, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reassurance. I know it's silly to want to feel sicker than I do. If I were feeling sick, I'd be wishing I could be one of those lucky ladies who doesn't get sick.

I've considered the late O issue, but frankly, I don't think we had enough sex in Sept for that. I guess I don't *really* need to know exactly how many weeks along I am, or exactly when my EDD would be, because whatever happens, happens...but oh, the Type-A girl in me is dying! Besides, I would have an easier time waffling 2 weeks on the EDD if it didn't put me into a whole other month. LAME. Hit me over the head, somebody, please.

I've heard that every pregnancy is different, and I can't understand it. I'm the same person, right? Or have I changed that much since being pg the first time? Does the genetic makeup of the fetus itself affect things? Wild wild wild stuff. I had heard that some women get sicker when they're pregnant with a girl, so I had assumed (silly me) that I would either be the same amount of sick (another boy) or sicker (a girl).

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page