Weekly Chat Thread, Oct 10 - Oct 16 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 10-15-2004, 11:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So sorry to hear about your mc hollyhobbie .

I've been struggling with spotting too but so far, everything seems to be ok : . Its wreaking havoc on our nerves though. My biggest preg. complaint right now is reflux. Everything I eat seems to sit right at the base of my throat. It's like it's always threatening to come back up. While I can look forward to less actual nausea once I'm out of the first trimester, the reflux and indigestion doesn't go away. I've been drinking lemon balm tea because an herbalist told me it might help with digestion. Does anyone have any other ideas?
#32 of 36 Old 10-16-2004, 10:42 AM

robugmum, I have Gastroesophogeal reflux disease and a stomach ulcer and pg makes the reflux a million times worse, so I totally feel for ya. Milk has always helped my reflux, as does staying totally upright after I eat, for at least 45 minutes. I don't take any presc. meds for it while I'm pg, but the milk, position, oh and peppermint tea can help sometimes, too. You might want to check with your Dr or MW about the peppermint, though- some advise to limit it or wait till after the 1st trimester, because it can supposidly cause uterine ctx. I hope you can get some relief soon!

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#33 of 36 Old 10-16-2004, 05:08 PM
nym

Well, I am 11.5 weeks now, not much longer to go until the 2nd trimester starts.

My appt was good, and I don't have to go back for a whole month! Yay!

He did try to find the heartbeat, but we couldn't hear it. I imagine my fat gets in the way :P
#34 of 36 Old 10-16-2004, 05:22 PM

thanks brandi...i needed a hug

nym...good to hear that your apt went well to bad about not hearing the heartbeat, but at least you really have something to still look forward to next visit

well, my next apt isnt for 1 1/2 weeks. im looking forward to it too. its been awhile and iv'e never been that good at waiting...

other than that all is good. i keep thinking that i can feel the baby move. i dont know how much is just in my head at this point thou. im almost certain its real :LOL oh well

ttyl
jenn
#35 of 36 Old 10-16-2004, 07:55 PM

Tomorrow will be 12 weeks !!! Does that mean I'll be entering the 2nd trimester or does it start from week 13? I figured 12 weeks would be the beginning of the second
DH and I went to Gatlinburg for a couple of days with some of his co-workers. I think I scared them because I really haven't been in the socializing mood. I just want to be with DH and that's about it. I typically am a very social person but for the last 8 or 9 weeks I've been more of a hermit type.
It was an okay time. They kept us on our feet ALL day yesterday. From about 10 am til 5pm. Needless to say I was/am exausted.
I have been more emotional than anything lately. I spent yesterday morning crying because I just wanted to be w/ DH alone and not really bothered by what everyone else wanted to do.
We looked at some live bears this morning on our way out. I was so pi**ed that we spent $3 to look at them and supported those people who keep them in those horrible cages. I was so upset by what I saw. 3 black bears in a cage with concrete and a little pool of water. They were all curled up in balls and looked miserable. I wonder if there isn't some way for those bears to be rescued from that horrible place.
I have been very upset about the experience. Even DH was disturbed by it. So, if any of you go to Pigeon Forge Please do not look at the live bears
By giving those people money, they are encouraged to keep those poor animals.

Sorry about the rant off subject. I just needed to express my thoughts.

I am very very tired and I am going to bed. Sorry I am not posting personals. I'll get back to that.
#36 of 36 Old 10-16-2004, 09:08 PM

Velvet,

You might want to drink a ton before you take that antibiotic -- I managed to clear my body of all bacteria that are treatable by the more common antibiotics before I learned how to cure my frequent UTIs without them. My solution is to drink a ton of water -- some people swear by cranberry juice, as well, but I find water works just fine. Like 1L/hour -- your infection should be gone in 24 hours.

I'm lurking here, mostly. 8w+ and so relieved to be less sick with #2 than I was with my dd. I'm only throwing up once a day and retching, rather than throwing up all day. I've managed not to miss a day of work through it. Today was hard though -- sicker than normal and lasted until noon. UGH. I'm taking Diclectin which helps a bit, if I can keep it down. Sorry to be so graphic! I know you guys understand!

jj

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page