Silly/Oddball Effects of the Hormones - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-13-2004, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I'm so tired of focusing on the nausea, heartburn, reflux, and exhaustion that seems to be my entire life these days...so I thought to take my mind off it--and maybe some of my fellow boardmembers' minds off their own discomforts--by starting a thread about the silly or oddball changes that you have noticed in yourself due to hormones.

I'll start. My bangs normally lie relatively flat against my forehead. But lately, the hormones kicked in...and now there are two fluffy horns at my temples. : My bangs stick up in my childhood cowlicks...I look like a demonic chicken!

What else...oh yeah. I'm now the drooling fiend. I bend down to pick up socks and leave a puddle! It's ridiculous! Why does it seem that nobody else ever had a drool problem (in public, no less!)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2004, 12:31 AM

: momma!
ok... hmm... my face looks like I'm 13 again I have a million pimples which of course i HATE!
My nose is SO dry i think it might peel off...
My nipples are sore which has NEVER happend to me before. Lets just say DH is not impressed! :LOL
thats all i can think of now

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
Old 10-16-2004, 07:37 PM

every time i am pregnant i get a stuffy nose. it is so hard to breathe. i apologize to my husband for being a noisy mouth breather but he says it doesnt bother him.

the other one is a HUGE one! i have been forgetting everything. i thought this was just a hoax but it is really happening to me and i am going crazy! i used to consider myself very good at remembering things and not having to write things down. the other day i left the house and came back to find my KEYS STILL IN THE KEY HOLE of my door. i did manage to lock the door i thought how in the world can anyone forget to take their keys out of the lock? this happened again the next day. now i am constantly reminding myself to grab those stinking keys! i have also been forgetting to look through my peek-hole and have answered the door to several salesmen types that i wouldnt have opened for before.

aargh! i am sure in the future this is going to be some funny story i am telling this babe but for now, it could get dangerous. :
linda
Old 10-16-2004, 09:53 PM

Linda! you are not alone! :LOL
When I was pregnant with my DS I had a stuffy nose ALL the time and this time too! It drives me NUTS!!! :LOL
Also my memory is HORRIBLE!

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
Old 10-18-2004, 03:39 PM

Erotic and weird dreams. Seriously.... lots and lots of weird dreams and sex dreams.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:15 PM

im with you with the pimples rainbow.

i look like an elaborate connect the dots puzzle.
however...i guess to contrast the mess on my face i have INCREDABLE hair and nails. man i should be a pantene girl.

Im having problems with names. my neighbors, kids friends, and yes...i have been calling my children by the cats names alittle more often than id like to admit.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:29 PM

Lindsey, I have those dreams, too! Lately it seems that every time I shut my eyes, I'm off into some wild Horny Dreamland, even if I'm just catching a quick catnap. And for some odd reason, in my dreamland, I have a penchant for oral. Receiving, that is.

Other stuff:

- owie owie nipples
- suddenly craved grocery store birthday cake the other day. You know, the kind with all that sweet frosting. Yikes.
- had my first major pregnant crying jag the other day. Just could NOT stop crying, all day long. What fun.

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
Old 10-18-2004, 07:11 PM

The most frustrating part is DH is constantly out of town for work right now... he's very much missing out on all this pent up frustration that I end up with when I wake up! lol.

User Tag List