Finally had the talk with my MW... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-16-2004, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and i feel much more at peace. We sat and caught up on the past 2 months of each others lives. This is the thing with this MW... She and I could talk until the cows come home! Finally after dh started to look like he was bored she asked what we wanted/envisioned for this birth. BINGO, perfect time to tell her how I felt about Gabriel's birth, which I did. And to my relief she agreed. She asked if DH and I would like to go at it alone. Which impressed me. Any MW who is comfortable with unassited (yet attended) gets a gold star from me. s

With interviewing her when I was first pregnant with Gabriel she had just returned to the homebirth field after 8 years of working in a hospital. She had done 10 years of HB prior, but had to make ends meet and went to work at a hospital. While she didn't say wnything then that sat "wrong" with me, I didn't get that warm and fuzzy vibe, ya know? So I think in the 3 years that she's been doing HB's exclusively she settling back into the groove and while I don't think she'll ever be the birkenstock wearing MW, she's defintely softened up and I'm feeling much better about everything.

No prenatal stats to report. I did have blood taken and hopefully my iron is okay. My only concern at this point. I have yet to gain any weight. She did give me some tips about the queasiness. Eat every 1½-2hrs. To concentrate on complex carbs and protien to get through the next couple of weeks until my blood sugar levels off. And go with what ever my body is craving. Which right now I really want sliced roasted turkey breast and mozzerella cheese. Increase my fluid intake as well. I've been bad about drinking enough water since it's no longer hot enough to have a water bottle on hand at all times.

So that's it. I have another appt in 4 wks. We will be bringing the while family and hopefully eharing the heartbeat for the first time. It's how we are going to be telling the boys, since we haven;t told anyone about the pg yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2004, 09:55 PM

Oh momma that sounds GREAT!
How exciting! I hope everything goes well for you! Glad you guys seem to be on the same level!

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
Old 10-16-2004, 10:06 PM

Awesome! Let us know how things work out!!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:17 PM

I missed this thread before... I'm so glad that you had the chat with your mw. It sounds like she's onboard for what you want. Yay!

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Old 11-02-2004, 01:48 AM

Desa - sorry for my late reply, but I am SO happy for you. I knew you could talk to MW, and I am glad that she has done a little softening up - and that she took it well! Glad things are going well, and good luck about your iron. That's one of my main concerns right now as well...

User Tag List