My tailbone is sore - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-18-2004, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My tailbone has been feeling sore and bothering me all day. I haven't done anything to make it sore and have never had a "sore" tailbone before, Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2004, 10:22 PM

Tish, as your ligaments and muscles start stretching out, you'll be sore in the strangest places :LOl Seriously, there will be strain and pressure on parts of your back that wouldn't seem likely, but that's all part of pregnancy. Don't use a heating pad (it can raise your body temper. to an unsafe level for the baby at this early stage) but try letting the shower spray hit that area for a few minutes. If it's not a sharp stabbing pain, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you're like me with my first pg, I called my OB about EVERYTHING, and that's okay, too, if you want to be reassured by a professional.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 10-18-2004, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I never really considered all the aches and pains I would endure but I guess since my body is changing so much it's going to be a little achey :LOL . It's just that no one ever really talks about the little aches, pains and soreness you get during pregnancy. I am a little paranoid about everything anyways. I have to sit to the side instead of right on my bottom.

User Tag List