Goodbye first trimester! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-19-2004, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Call me superstitious, but I am glad to be starting the second trimester! I feel like I can relax a bit now. Plus we got to hear the heartbeat today, so that was reassuring, too. Anyone else glad to leave the first trimester behind?

AmiBeth

#2 of 11 Old 10-20-2004, 12:27 AM

I've got a few more days, I'm 11 weeks, 2 days. Someone said that the 2nd trimester doesn't officially start until the 13th week though so maybe I've got 12 days? Either way I'm excited to have the first almost over with. I "almost" heard the heartbeat yesterday. The midwife found it in 2 different spots and then lost it.
#3 of 11 Old 10-20-2004, 01:28 AM

I'll be joining the celebration in a few weeks.
I'm only 9 weeks! (Not outta the woods yet)
#4 of 11 Old 10-20-2004, 09:16 AM

I don't know if I am out of the 1st trimester yet or not. I am 12weeks and 3 days. I figured I would wait until Sunday (13 weeks) before I officially considered the 1st tri over. I am looking forward to it!!!.
#5 of 11 Old 10-20-2004, 10:35 AM

I think the "official" start of the 2nd tri is 13 weeks- they say that after you make it through 12 wks, the mc risk decreases. But if you've already heard/seen the heartbeat, that's pretty much the same thing.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#6 of 11 Old 10-20-2004, 11:14 AM

Congrats to those of you who are nearing the end of the first trimester. Hopefully we can start sharing the FUN times of being pregnant... I'm tired of being sick and tired! ((I'm heading back to bed... stomach is not good today))

3wks (give or take) until my 1st trimester is over... Not that I am counting or anything.
#7 of 11 Old 10-20-2004, 01:35 PM
nym

I can't wait, I wish I had been able to hear the heartbeat at my last visit though. I won't get a chnce now until 14 weeks. I did see it at 6 though. I am still very nervous...
#8 of 11 Old 10-20-2004, 02:04 PM

but to me the first trimester is all but over!! Wooo hooo!!! AND I've heard the hb and seen it once, so phew!

I am excited and nervous to have the first tri over...I just can't believe it's been 12.5 almost 13wks. already! May will be anytime it seems!!

Congrats to us Mama's!
#9 of 11 Old 10-20-2004, 03:50 PM

I thought it was 14 weeks? After 13 weeks is over. I am 11 weeks and am still throwing up today, and know I was queasy last time until at least 14 weeks or so.

But 12 weeks is close enough! Especially if you feel better. Woohoo!
#10 of 11 Old 10-20-2004, 10:40 PM

the book i read said 12week fetus 14wk of preg for the end of the first tri. who would have thought such a seemingly easy date could be so hard to figure out !!!! Before i read the book, i thought it was 12 weeks of preg for the end. now im more confused!! :LOL oh well i guess it really doesnt matter all that much. when i get my energy back...wahtever the day...that will be the day to celebrate for me
#11 of 11 Old 10-24-2004, 03:03 PM

I, too, am so glad to be exiting my first trimester. Had no nausea with my first pregnancy so this time around was rather unexpected and unpleasant! Heard the heartbeat on Friday and it sounded like heaven! Looking forward to hearing how all of you are progressing and comparing notes. EDD is 5/9/05.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page