Confessions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-21-2004, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a cloth diaper dropout!
I have two in diapers and work 30 hours a week. I just am too tired to keep up with laundry and honestly feel too yucky at nights to deal with the poopy ones.

I never thought this would be me! I have CD'd since DD was 9 months old.
The thought of three in diapers is just killing me for some reason.
Please tell me I am going to get over this! I hate that they are in disposables... just trying not to think about it too much right now.

This pregnancy is so much MORE than the other two in every way. At 12 weeks 4 days I am already looking forward to it being done.

Just had to get that off my chest
#2 of 8 Old 10-22-2004, 12:00 AM

Nina, don't feel bad You need to make things as easy as possible for yourself right now. You can always start back up with cloth. I quit for awhile because the smell and dipe laundry was just impossible with the m/s, but she's back in cloth now. Just take a break, don't feel guilty and you'll be so glad to see your cloth again soon, I bet

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#3 of 8 Old 10-22-2004, 10:56 AM

Momma s please don't feel bad. I have never used cloth (well the hospital I had him in used them but thats it)
This time we plan too but I'm very overwhelmed! :LOL
Like KayleeZoo you can always go back to cloth!!!

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#4 of 8 Old 10-22-2004, 04:23 PM

I can totally understand. If not for my DH, who is now in charge of loading the dirty dipes into the washer so that I don't have to smell them, I'd be dropping out, too. I can barely handle wiping a poopy bum, if you can call it "handling" when it involves having to turn my head in the vain hopes of finding fresher air, and choking back the gagging. Yuck!!!

I hope things get better for you, or that the next 28 weeks pass quickly!

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#5 of 8 Old 10-25-2004, 04:19 PM

Can I suggest that you use an enviormentally friendly brand of sposies such as Tushies or 7th Generation.

I hope you get to feeling better soon!
#6 of 8 Old 10-25-2004, 04:51 PM

You can always come back when you start feeling better... and if you don't like the idea of all three in disposies, you can always cd just one kid at a time (ie this week is x child next week is y child or always x child). There wouldn't be as much diaper laundry that way.
#7 of 8 Old 10-29-2004, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks
By the time the tird comes I will be able to stay at home.. so I am hoping that will help give me time to keep up with so much diaper laundry

And hopefully DD will decide she is ready to use the potty sometime in the next year. I KNOW I can CD two.
(except when pregnant.. working insane hours and dealing with two with special needs.)
#8 of 8 Old 10-29-2004, 08:25 PM

We don't use cloth either. I tried with the twins for a couple of months in the very beginning, but I just couldn't do it. It was a lot for me to keep up with. I needed a mother's helper!!

We have been using the Seventh Generation diapers and I love them! I don't like commercial characters (my girls don't watch tv), so trying to find diapers w/o Elmo or Nemo was hard at first! I also liked them because they aren't bleached...no cholorine and I believe they don't have the dioxyin that regular diapers do (dioxyin has been linked to endometriosis in women).

I order them online and have them delivered to my front door by the caseload!!

Dana, mom to Avery & Natalie 7 , Cole 4 , and Baby #4 on the way!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page