Weekly Chat Thread Oct 25-31 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 10-29-2004, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the advice slightly crunch and wende. Ehh... it just doesn't seem fair, though. when is life ever fair? Maybe it would be better if I just wanted to be left alone.

_jenn - my sympathies. I don't always get on with my dp, and it's so hard when you're pregnant. I hope you have others to support you for this time. Maybe hearing the heartbeat will make him feel more connected?

slightly crunchy- that is cute about the your son and the doppler. we were telling our ds that a baby was in mama's belly today, and he pointed to his belly and said he was going to have a baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 10-31-2004, 12:05 PM

11+wks.

Wow.

Ummm, I'm still in shock that I *AM* pregnant again.

Oh, MY!!

So the scoop here is that we finally told the boys. Both Davie and Donovan thought we were joking at first and then they both playfully cried, "Nooooo, no more babies!" Gabriel hasn't been the best poster child for wanting another sibling. A lot of jealousy/aggression as he asserts himself in this house. Something we are dealing with but the redirection or even relocating him when he hits or throws toys at his brother hasn't had much effect... But at this age they have the attention of a fruit fly! : Hopefully as his verbal skills develop and with consistancy on our part he'll (and the rest of us too!) make it through this challenging stage.

The boys are looking forward to going to the next MW appt. Donovan started rubbing my tummy last night asking how big the baby was and if it was a boy or girl. Of course I have been *told* that "it HAS to be a BOY!!"

I bought a birthing pool off of Ebay. $30 (incl S&H) for the big fishy pool. And another selling point with DH is that we can use it with the boys during the summer as well.

I am feeling well. MS has all but disappeared. Getting up to pee 2xs a night sucks though. Especially with Gabe nursing on and off throughout the night I have not gotten a decent nights' sleep in a LONG while. Even if he was well (poor little guy has a cough and has been running a low grade fever) I know that he's not ready for weaning. It's a catch 22 that I find myself in. I desperately want to have a break from nursing before "bean" is born but I can't face weaning Gabriel while he still "needs" it so much. I'm sure things will figure themselves out as time goes on.

Gotta run. The boys are raiding my kitchen in hopes of finding the goodies. Gotta head them off before they find the carmel apples.
#33 of 35 Old 10-31-2004, 05:50 PM

hi all

des...good deal on the pool
keets...my mom is supportive so that helps

everyone have a fun night tonight!!! My sister picked today to get married!! what a weird day. i have been the wedding planner for the last 4 mos (first tri and planner do not go well) and am the maid of honor...also known as the shuttle bus driver for the day

her wedding is at 7pm and the recep is from 8-12pm. ds is the ring bearer and dh is a groomsman. i am so excited to wash my hands of this whole thing and it to be over. My parents are paying for their WHOLE wedding! can you believe it! $10,000 and i havent heard my sis or her fiance say thankyou once. no thankyou to me either...which is alot of the reason im glad ill be done with it. ive spent at least 6 hrs a day for the last week finishing things off with my mom while my sister sleeps in. Is this the way its supposed to be??? I remember working my *ss off for my wedding and paying for most of it ourselves. oh well. 12 more hrs..

whine whine whine
ttyl
jenn
#34 of 35 Old 10-31-2004, 05:54 PM

hello ladies,
I finally have a little bit of energy today. The ms has subsided I think, but I feel like I have been run over by a truck. I am so exhausted the only that has helped me make it through the past week is that my youngest started sleeping all night long, finally, he seems to have cut nursing down to lots of nibbles in the mornings and after supper, but rarely in between and I must say although I am sad that he isn't getting as much mommy milk, I am relieved that he isn't constantly at me anymore and that maybe he will wean before this baby is born.

I hear you desdamona about the nursing break between babies its kind of a sad thing though especially when the baby is kind of too young to wean anyway, How old is your youngest? lucas is just 16 months and will only be 22 months when this baby is born.

I would love to hear the baby's heartbeat, This pregnancy has been so bizare although I have lots of pg symptoms I still question whether or not I could be pregnant, I don't know what is the matter with me, this baby was planned and we were eager to have another but now that I am pg I kind of feel dull about it, I wish I was more excited because it will definately be the last. I just wonder what it is going to take for it to hit me that there is actually a baby in there that will one day be born. well I guess this is enough babbling for me.
have a great day
crystal
#35 of 35 Old 11-01-2004, 04:14 PM

Jenn -- We just got through the wedding i thought we'd never survive! Both DH and I were in it. I was kind of hoping that the dress wouldn't fit but the A-line of the skirt was very forgiving to the pooch that I have grown. We had a decent time except all the people that were smoking !! And around me, who they knew is PREGNANT... HELLO?? Anyway, I hope everyone survives your sister's wedding, sanity (somewhat) intact.

Crystal -- My little one will be 2 in Dec. I had no plans of weaning him before his 3rd birthday and now I desperately want some "me" time before bean arrives. I always go a bit crazy when the baby is about 2-5 months old and I feel like I am just a glorified milking machine. I don't look forward to that if I have one hanging off each of my breasts.

I think I would be that much more conflicted if Gabriel was Lucas' age. I hope that you are able to find a solution that works well for both you and your little man before your peanut is born.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page