Join Date: May 2003
Location: Western NC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|View Poll Results: Where are you planning on giving birth?|
|Other - Friend or parent's home, hotel room because they have BIG jacuzzi tubs and room service||0||0%|
|Road side as your DH (DP) frantically tries to untie his shoes to tie the umbillical cord||0||0%|
|Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll|
Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!
Originally Posted by gingerlane
Dd was born at a birth center and the only sucky part of her whole birth was getting there. So this one will be at home. Besides, she came so fast that even if we didn't plan a homebirth this time around, we'd probably end up with one! :LOL
Originally Posted by aslmere
I really don't have a choice.
My DD was born at 32 weeks and I spent a month on hospital bed rest before that.
I have an incompetent cervix and none of the homebirth midwives will touch me with a ten foot pole....
not to mention my DH would NEVER EVER go for it! DD really scared him and he wants to be as safe as possible.
Not that I blame him, but I figure as long as I make it to 36 weeks it doesn't really matter WHERE the birth happens.
Oh well. I am content with things the way they are.
Originally Posted by Desdamona
I have a friend who suffered loss because she lost 2 babies once she got midway thru with her PG. She then found a doc who did a cerclage and carried 3 pg to term. And her 3rd decided to hang out for 2 weeks after the cerclage was removed, even though the older 2 children came within a day or less. Her last 2 were born with the assistance of a MW that she saw as "shadow care" if she made it to term, which she did... 37+wks.
Originally Posted by _jenn
i voted home...but m/w and i arent firm on that yet. ds2 was birthed at home and i hemoraged abit after the placenta. she wants me to go to a naturalpath physician and take all these herbs and tinctures so it doesnt happen again. i will if i can afford it or its covered in my extended plan. i hope so. anyways, my midwife says, if not i may need to deliver in the hosp. its a really nice set up there, too. Either way....as long as i get to live and hold a baby ill be ok
Originally Posted by Debstmomy
I want a home birth. I am planning it that way for now. I had a myomectomy in 6/2003. The midwife I am dialoging with wants to see my surgical notes first, but so far it sounds ok. I am doing concurrent care with an OB, just in case, I end up in the hospital. He encourages me to have a c-sec, but has not said definite no to vbam. We are taking it as it come. DH supports me either way, and feels I can make an educated decision.
Anyone here deliver after a myo???
Wife to Matt 13yrs
Mom to Amber 10yrs
Originally Posted by funshine
Just a side note: don't you wish there were a better phrase than "cervical incompetence" in general use? :
Originally Posted by Desdamona
Im sorry to hear of your difficulties with your DD. Has your doc talked about a cerclage? I have a friend who suffered loss because she lost 2 babies once she got midway thru with her PG. She then found a doc who did a cerclage and carried 3 pg to term. And her 3rd decided to hang out for 2 weeks after the cerclage was removed, even though the older 2 children came within a day or less. Her last 2 were born with the assistance of a MW that she saw as "shadow care" if she made it to term, which she did... 37+wks.
I don't know if the anecdotal story makes any difference, but just wanted to let you know that their might be an option of having a MW if you make it to term...