November Chat Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 11-01-2004, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been around much due to the continued morning sickness. Glad to hear that some things are going well/better for some.

My ms started letting up on Thursday, but then on Saturday I got DS's cold and now every time I sneeze, I feel like I'm going to throw up (and nearly do). The cold sucks... But hopefully this will pass soon and with it the urge to vomit.

My patience is at nil, it seems. I'm not handling DS touching me or needing me at all. He keeps climbing on me this morning at the computer and I just want him to GO AWAY. Of course, I'm sure his attitude has something to do with this as well, but it's probably mostly me. We've switched around who sleeps where in our beds since I can't deal with being touched while sleeping since I'm having trouble sleeping as it is.

Anyway, things not fun here, but we're surviving. Maybe it would be easier if DH weren't in a PhD program right now.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 61 Old 11-01-2004, 01:54 PM

Hi mamas,

I missed posting last week. Super busy work week. I also had an ultrasound on Thursday to measure the nuchal fold since I'm 35 (checking for chromosomal abnormalities) and everything came out fine. You can see the little bugger here . With my dd I had an ultrasound at 22 weeks or so but this one was different because you could see the entire little bean on the screen instead of just parts. It was funny because the doc said I am measuring just right for my dates and I said that was good because I had been charting -- if the measurements were off then something was very wrong.

I still can't let myself get too hungry and aside from non-stop sinus drainage, I feel pretty good.

to annakiss -- I hope you feel better soon.

I posted on one of our weekly threads about how I nightweaned my dd and that it went well. She's still nightweaned but last night instead of throwing a minor fit when I wouldn't give her booby at 2 a.m., she threw a major tantrum because I wouldn't let her sleep on top of me. Holy Hanna, you would have thought the world was ending. She eventually settled but she was down right p.o'd at me for a while. Welcome to Two.

Happy Monday!
#3 of 61 Old 11-01-2004, 08:17 PM

Awww, it's such a little baby!! I am so close to giving in and having an u/s done, lol.

I'm feeling pretty good. I hit 13 weeks yesterday which, according to everything I know and have read, puts me into my second trimester.

Nothing exciting has happened worth talking about, lol.
#4 of 61 Old 11-01-2004, 08:38 PM

Awww !!! That u/s photo is just precious!!! I ran out and told dh he has to come and see it .

Anna- thanks for starting the thread this week. I hope you will be feeling better soon. Remember that al lthis work your dh is putting into getting his PhD will pay off. It will be worth it in the long run. I have heard it is a lot of work and takes a lot of time. I am sorry you are having such a rough time. Be sure to take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest - your body needs it.

wende - congrats on making it into the 2nd tri and feeling better !!!

Things are around here are pretty much the same as they were last week - still busy with school work and pushing through the semester. I am 14 weeks now and getting more and more excited. Tomorrow, I have a Dr appointment and dh is going w/ me since he is off work (he gets off for election day) I hope we will hear that heartbeat really strong since he didn't get to hear it the last time. I think I have been feeling the baby moving around. Not really strong but just little flutters here and there. I guess it could be gas but I really think it is baby. I wasn't eating too healthy but now I am getting back on track. I have to go I have to do homework
#5 of 61 Old 11-01-2004, 11:46 PM

Annakiss, sorry your m/s hasn't let up yet. Im' sure it will soon! I got a cold, too, and it sucks, so I feel ya! and OMG, I am also with you in the 0 patience for touching thing! My annoyance comes and goes - I still have time where I'm really wanting some loving, but man oh man, I feel so bad cause sometimes he just wants to nurse and I really dont' want to. He just looks at me with those puppy dog eyes. So sad.
SO is definitely getting the short end of that stick as well!

schatz - congrats on the super appointment! Glad to hear everything is right on track!

wende, and everyone else turning "2" - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

and Tish - Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! That's great that DH gets to go with you! I hope you hear the hb with him! AND I am with you on getting back on track. We can be getting back on track buddies!!!

I already kinda posted my update in another thread (MIA, but back). Since then, I'm still good!
#6 of 61 Old 11-02-2004, 01:17 AM

How many of you are counting by the medical model (starting from first day of LMP)? We actually know when we conceived, so I've been going with the "real world" week counting, but find it confusing at times!

Annkiss, hang in there Mama! It'll get better. I'm sorry you're having a hard time and that your dh is under PhD stress. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

I've been STARVING lately. My stomach made an insane amount of noise at work today until I stuck some crackers in it. I had no idea it could be so loud. The m/s is easing up and that's a beautiful thing. I still get insane when hungry and can't eat so much at any given time, but we're doing OK.

Hope everyone had a good Halloween and will be hitting the polls tomorrow!
#7 of 61 Old 11-02-2004, 11:19 AM

morning mamas -

get this -- yesterday some guy rang our doorbell and told dh he wants to buy our house. Dh said "uh, what?" Yes, he apparently wants to buy our house and has a house on a lake that he would swap for our house if we preferred that (we live on a small airport so pilots are attracted to our street). Turns out this guy is a pilot and I guess he likes our house. There's a house down the street for sale but he said that one's no good (it is pretty ugly). Well, dh and I immediately agreed that we would need to make a huge profit in order to sell our house. We moved in two years ago and are just now finishing all of the renovations to get it how we want. We really like it. But, if he really would pay us the slightly obscene figure we came up with, we couldn't pass it up. I think dh is going to call him today and tell him our price. Too weird.

I just had to share because that was so out of the blue and bizarre.
#8 of 61 Old 11-02-2004, 02:09 PM

I can not BELIEVE how fast the time has gone! I feel like before I know it I'll be going to L&D! :

Other than complete and absolute exhaustion I am feeling good.

Question for all you "pleasantly plump" ladies...have you ever done or are doing any exercising that will help "lift up" the belly? I've always wanted that cutsy little pg belly...but being larger than "normal" I've never experienced that. And now with this pg being so much on top of my last one I feel like my belly is just sagging. : I know there is quite the pg belly under all this fat, I just tend to feel weird or guilty about wearing maternity clothes when, to me, it looks like I've just gained weight.
#9 of 61 Old 11-02-2004, 02:21 PM

Hello Ladies!
I am Cristina. This is my 3rd pregancy, and no it was not planned. I still feel major shock when I really think about it.
My DD is 10yrs and my DS just turned 7 on halloween. They are both very excited. I have a wonderful DH and he is extremely supportive. This is so selfish, but I feel very sad. I was supposed to start nursing school this winter. That is now on hold. I do not believe in organized child care, at all. (Actually, any structured child care bugs me.) So now my education is on hold, again. I try to vent, but family feels I should not quit & just keep going. I can not do that to my baby.
I am really trying to enjoy this pregnancy, but I feel as if I am pretending. I am really really mourning school. I worked so hard the last few years, with a high GPA and everything, and now it is all postponed.
Well I hope this was an appropriate forum to share this. I have been keeping it in for 11 weeks now, and can not hold it in any longer. I just needed to say it and cry it out. I hope you all understand. Sometimes it is eaiser to tell strangers, than my friends. Thank You.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#10 of 61 Old 11-02-2004, 02:47 PM

Cristina!

It's ok to feel bad about not being able to go to nursing school...it's hard I can imagine. I felt a guilty sense of mourning too as my pg was not at ALL planned, in the sense that I wanted my children to be a little further apart and we were just getting to a more relaxed state with Ava. But all that aside (selfish, selfish me) I am thrilled to start the whole pregnancy, newborn thing again.

Welcome and glad you've made it here! Here's to a healthy, happy, uneventful 9months.
#11 of 61 Old 11-02-2004, 03:05 PM

Hey everyone! I loved the us picture! I had one done when I was 13 weeks pg with ds. I think its the best time to get a good picture, they look so cute at that point. At 19 weeks when the standard us is done around here they kind of look like little aliens!

I'm having all the same yucky symptoms as before. The weird thing is... I keep throwing up, but not when I feel sick. I can feel like death and not throw up at all, and then other times I'll feel relatively good but puke my guts out! Very Strange!

Christina, your feelings are totally ok. IMO you have to do what's right for you, AND you baby and family. Maybe you could spend some time and come up with a plan that will work for all of you.
#12 of 61 Old 11-02-2004, 04:39 PM
nym

Hey everyone. I have been MIA for a little bit here. We moved this last weekend. We only moved across the street, but it was a production and a half that is for sure. We had to vacate our apartment by the 31st at noon, and couldn't move into our new one until the 1st at noon. So we spent 2 nights in a hotel and it was a long stressful weekend, but it is done. Our new apartment is bigger, brighters, in a0 new buildin.
g. It has a washer and dryer insuite, and we can have our cat here. There is tons of linoleum, instead of carpet, which is awesome since DS loves to throw food around.

Baby-wise... I am feeling so much better after my low of last week. I am feeling more pregnant, and I think things are going well. I did take it easy with the moving, my dad and DH did most of it. My next appt is on the 10th. I will 15 weeks, I hope I can hear the heartbeat then!

DSW is driving me nuts with his constant nursing. All the time.. nurse nurse nurse. All night long, all day long. I have to hide in the laundry room sometimes!

I'm glad to see that everyone else is doing good too
#13 of 61 Old 11-02-2004, 07:04 PM

Hello all,

13 weeks now--woohooooo! I am getting more excited. More energy and went for a long walk today. But I am STILL having m/s, more like evening sickness. I'm about ready for that to be over. My diet has been terrible the past couple of weeks. So I am on a new start today. Ds (2.5) has cut his nursing down to mostly twice a day, occasionally a third time. This is totally manageable for me but I also feel a little bit guilty--like he wouldn't be weaning this quickly if it weren't for the pregnancy. He is such a sweetie! Plus, I'm a little nervous about our first winter without much mama milk to protect him from the bugs floating around. But it will be okay.

Schatz--thanks for sharing the u/s pic! Oh, it is so sweet! I am glad everything checked out so well.

Welcome, Cristina! KWYM about being able to say stuff on a message board that you can't always say IRL. s to you.

Anna, sorry you are sick again. Feel better soon!
#14 of 61 Old 11-02-2004, 08:25 PM

Hola, ladies. I think I went AWOL for most or all of last week, sorry about that. Zero energy here. 2nd trimester can't come fast enough for me. I have this fear that I'll never get that burst of energy, and I'll feel so gypped!

Hugs to all who are still feeling ill. I think I feel a little better. Haven't puked at all this pregnancy (and only did it once, around 13 weeks, with Griff...note to self: abstain from cleaning out containers of rotting fruit this time). I get this funny thing, though: I will suddenly gag on nothing. Just walking along, minding my own business, and then GAG. It would be funny if it weren't so annoying. Hopefully it'll be behind me soon.

Welcome to Cristina! Glad you could let your feelings out here, and I'm sure we all understand. It's absolutely normal to mourn a change in plans, to wish you could go to nursing school, to be in shock from an unexpected pregnancy. In life, it's pretty rare that everything goes exactly according to plan. The nice thing about pregnancy is that we get a long time to get used to the changes before the baby arrives. I hope as your baby grows, that your excitement does too. Feel free to share anything you need to with us!!

Schatz, that is too crazy about the guy asking to buy your house. Wowsers. Keep us posted on that! I love the u/s photo of your bambino, it's really a perfect shot! I'm scheduled for a 12-week u/s on Nov 12 and can't wait for that appointment - to see my baby, hear the heartbeat. I'm bummed, though, that Dan can't come with me.

Nym, that move sounds crazy, glad it's over! The new apartment sounds nice. Bigger, brighter, and a washer and dryer are all good things!

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#15 of 61 Old 11-02-2004, 11:00 PM

Hi ladies
I see there a few others who are where I am. And either feeling better or not. I sympathize Annakiss and slightly crunchy.

I am so sick of being sick. I really thought it would ease up by now, but I think it's gotten worse. It didn't help that the last two days I was travelling in a small plane :Puke
Really, when does it get better? I'm praying that by next week it will ease up. Will I be sick my entire pregnancy? I just can't take that.

I just.... my house is a wreck and I'm missing so much work. DP complains about the house, but doesn't do anything. He says he sympathizes and is there for me, but if I ask him to do anything, I think he just thinks I'm putting on an act. Certainly doesn't even clean the catbox! Arg.

I'm thinking that if I miss more work, I'm going to have to apply for disability through our life insurance. this sucks.

okay, that's my little rant for now.
#16 of 61 Old 11-03-2004, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatz
get this -- yesterday some guy rang our doorbell and told dh he wants to buy our house. Dh said "uh, what?" Yes, he apparently wants to buy our house and has a house on a lake that he would swap for our house if we preferred that (we live on a small airport so pilots are attracted to our street)...
Ok, so we're going WAY T but had to share.

This is how a friend of mine found their home when they were kids. Her mom packed up the kids and simply left their father... nowhere to go, just drove away. She was driving through a small neighborhood when she suddenly pulled over the car and told the kids to get out, they we're going to live in that house. They though mom was nuts, no sign on the lawn or anything. Her mom walked up to this house and rang the bell and told the lady that answered that she wanted to buy the place. The woman got this amazed look on her face and said they had just been praying on if they should move... they figured out she was the answer from God and sold them the house on the spot. They loved that house and it proved to be a very happy home for them (something life with had NOT been). I hope it works out as well for you and your family!
#17 of 61 Old 11-03-2004, 10:26 AM

Morning mamas,

Thanks for the comments on the ultrasound photo. It was pretty cool. And they might use one of our images on a new brochure they are making.

Gingerlane - that story is too weird. More on the house saga -- the guy called last night and talked to DH. DH told him our price and he didn't flinch (that right there is scary). We're going to look at the guy's house tomorrow morning and he's coming to see our house in the afternoon. Turns out the guy used to live down the street from our house for about 10 years, they moved to this house on the lake, now they want to come back. Sounds like if we don't want their house, then the sale of our house would be contingent on them selling theirs which could take 2 weeks or a year - who knows. I decided this morning as I was getting ready for work that if we agree to sell them our house when theirs sells, then the closing on our house can't be sooner than 3 months after the day they announce they've got a buyer. I figure, they want to move so badly, they can wait for me to find another house. And, being pregnant, I don't want to be forced to move on someone else's schedule. And, since it could take a while for them to sell especially with winter approaching, I'm not going to rush out and look for a new house for myself. But it would be weird to live in limbo for several months - are we moving or aren't we? But, the money would be worth it. We could buy a similar or slightly upgraded house from ours and have a very nice nest egg for the future. This is so strange. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for listening!

Have my second regular prenatal appt today - nothing special but I can't believe I'm already to my second appt. Time is going by quickly.

Welcome Cristina! This is a great place for sharing, venting, whatever. There are always lots of hugs to go around when you need them.
#18 of 61 Old 11-03-2004, 03:01 PM

Today is dreary and cool. It fits my mood.

Keetsmama- I really hope you will feel better soon. I am sorry you are having such a rough time and dh isn't even helping you. I can't believe he won't even clean the catbox. Does he know how important it is?
I have heard some men say they think women who are pg pretend to feel bad. Too bad they can't experience the m/s and pg symptoms ... and we all know they would be big whinny babies :LOL

funshine- I bet your energy will return soon. Part of it maybe the season. I know this time of year I find myself more tired than usual when not pg.

gingerlane- I have been going by the medical model because if I went by the gestation I would be confused all the time and it's just easier for me to keep up.

nym- I am glad you are feeling much more positive about everything and your move went well. I know how great it feels to have a washer and dryer. I was so excited when we got ours I wanted to wash everything

Christina !!!!

As for me.... we went to the dr yesterday and dh got to hear the h/b although he was in disbelief about it. The FHR was 160 BPM. As soon as we got out of the office Dh was like "what does 160 mean is it a boy or girl. Tell me tell me tell me. I wanna know now. I am looking up as soon as we get home!" This is coming from a man who absolutley does not want to know the sex and we can barely get out of the office before he is trying to figure it out. I told him it was just an old wives tale and it will fluctuate throughout. I just thought he was acting pretty hilarious. He's a weakingling he secretly wants to know. I have to admit I do too but only so I can start calling the baby by name and gettng more aquainted. It's not got anything to do with picking the color schemes. Really I am not to worried about colors. There are more than enough colors to choose from other than pink and blue.
#19 of 61 Old 11-03-2004, 03:10 PM

Had a sore throat when I went to bed and low and behold...

it's even worse this morning.

Called in sick to work and am waiting for my boss to call and complain. Whatever. I have a sick toddler, am feeling awful and am preg. I think I can call in sick ONCE in a blue moon.

Grumble grumble.

How's everyone else feeling?
#20 of 61 Old 11-03-2004, 04:33 PM

Thank you to everyone that made me feel so welcome! I really really needed that. I am so sorry for those that are having M/S. YUCK! For me, I do not get sick, but sympathize for those that do.
Wow to that house story! I really hope it turns out the way you want.
So many have already heard/seen their babies. I am supposed to hear the heart beat tomorrow. I am so glad DH will be with me.
For me this pregnancy is being an emotional roller coaster!! I am tired of it!! Maybe I am just tired, & that makes me more emotional. Maybe because I am older now.For the last week my 7 yr old son, has been waking before the sun and waking me up too, perhaps lack of sleep has something to do with it.
This crying for me has to stop. It is driving me nuts. I read an email, I cry. Kerry lost, I cried. I think about school, I cry. I watch extreme makeover, home edition, I cry!
I am not usually like this!!! I feel like I am going crazy!
I have been depressed before, & this reminds me of it, sort of, but different. I plan on talking to my doc about it tomorrow. Any thoughts? Is it just pregnancy hormones?
I do not remember this from my last pregnancies. But then I worked, and did not have as much free time as I do now.
Thanks for listening. Have a wonderful fall day!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#21 of 61 Old 11-03-2004, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy
This crying for me has to stop. It is driving me nuts. I read an email, I cry. Kerry lost, I cried. I think about school, I cry. I watch extreme makeover, home edition, I cry!
I am not usually like this!!! I feel like I am going crazy!
This was me last time (maybe this time too but not yet). One day I came home from work during my last pg and dh asked me what I wanted for dinner. I just looked at him dumbfounded, threw up my hands, said "I don't knoooooowwww" and started bawling. He was scared of me. His usually completely on the ball, in control, never-weepy wife was a crying wacko. Debstmomy, this too shall pass. You're still trying to process quite a shock and life change. It looks like you were pretty used to a family of four and suddenly you will be five. Take a brisk walk if you can - that always helps me clear my head.
#22 of 61 Old 11-05-2004, 01:47 PM

I just wanted to let you all know that I am feeling much better. Yesterday, I did not cry at all and today I feel pretty good.
I went to see my Doc yesterday. All seemed ok. He could not find heartbeat, but I am not to worried. (I have a friend that ia a MW apprentice, I will ask her to check in a week or two)I am a big gal, and the baby is still small. He did dig around a bit above my pubic area, and last night I had a pinching feeling on my left side of my uterus. Sort of stressed me, but I am trying not to think about it. I am still sort of achy, but no spotting or anything. I am going to lay low this am, perhaps all day. Drink tea, and chill.
Anyone else get those achy feelings down low? I presume it is due to all that streching and growing that is taking place in my uterus.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
How about a quick poll?
Hmm, 2 to choose. Will you cloth diaper? and How long will you breastfed?

Me, I will try CD for the first time! I will let my child self wean, my 7 yr old nursed until he was over 4!

#23 of 61 Old 11-05-2004, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy
How about a quick poll?
Hmm, 2 to choose. Will you cloth diaper? and How long will you breastfed?
CD -- not likely. We haven't with dd although I did think a lot about it before she was born. But, dh cares for her while I work FT and he is definitely not into it.

BF -- until at least age 2 I'm sure. Dd is almost 2 and still nurses once, sometimes twice, per day. But, I confess that I do want her to stop before the new baby arrives. Right now I still think I want 3 kids total and I'll be 36 when baby #2 comes. I don't want to be 40 when #3 comes so I'll probably shoot for a 2-year-ish age gap.

I just want to say to the first-time mamas that I never thought I would nurse a toddler. Before I had dd, I always thought that a year was plenty and could not imagine nursing a kid who could talk. But, your perspective can change with experience and knowledge. I do have friends who believe in the importance of bfing but who weaned their dc's between a year and 18 months. Just wanted to throw that out there so folks don't feel this is a competition or anything.

I had my second prenatal yesterday. Things are fine and they are using one of my ultrasound photos on a new brochure that explains the procedure. My kid is famous at 12 weeks - :LOL

One last tidbit.... the couple who wants to buy our house took a tour yesterday. Turns out the guy is a small-time realtor. I think he thinks he can simply get our house for market value. He fails to understand that we really like our house and it would be a major PITA for us to move when we planned on raising our kids here. But.... money talks so if he is willing to make it worth our while, then he can buy our house. I don't think he gets that concept. I also think he was really trying to convince us to just trade for his house which is on a lake. BUT it's a really, really small house and further away from my job. DH and I decided it's not an option. It's just so bizarre to have someone want to buy your house when you're not trying to sell it.

Oh, this will really be the last thing of this now very long post... Velvet005 mentioned talking about our hobbies and such in the "where is everyone" post so here are mine: I like quilting, travel (especially to Europe), sailing - winter on ice and summer, and I'm trying to become a gardener but I seem to always neglect my plants.
#24 of 61 Old 11-05-2004, 04:50 PM

I can't believe this guy just came to your house and said he wanted to buy it !!! (I don't mean that I don't believe your story - I do. ) I do not own a home but I have a tendency to become attached to my home. (example: dh and I live in a SMALL country house with a nice front porch -swing included and a deck that comes off the porch so it's almost like a wraparound and we have lived here for 8 years ... we do plan to buy when we can though) It would take a lot of money to talk me into selling my house. You need to express this to this guy so he doesn't think he can just talk you into selling your house for his price. People can be very sneaky sometimes.

I am planning to breastfeed but like I have said I do not know anything about it. I am approaching this with an open mind. I do not know how long I will breastfeed either. I am sure I'll figure it out though

Don't know about cloth diapering yet. I guess I better figure it out pretty soon though.

Debstmomy- I am glad you are feeling better today. I have had that pinching feeling in my lower abdomen too. My Dr told me to expect it because it is the ligaments around the uterus stretching.

schatz- I absolutly love quilts - but I do not know how to quilt.
I like plants and gardening but the truth is I usually let dh plant and maintain our garden. :LOL I usually have lots of annuals around to take care of though.

My hobbies are: photography -I love to take photos mostly of nature but also of architecture. water skiing, I love traveling too but I have never been out of the US. I really want to travel to other places in the world. Right now my brain is sort of stumped on things I like to do. I can get obsessed with a hobby for a while then move on to a new one. I am weird like that. I also like to make beaded neclaces. I am really really into interior design and architecture. Hence the reason I am in design school. Don't misunderstand though - it is NOT all about interior decorating. Most people think it is and that we are in college for 4 years to learn how to match fabric and hang window treatments - so far I haven't learned a thing about fabric or hanging window treatments. You all would not believe what all is involved in the industry. Believe it or not interior design is everywhere you look (indoors of course :LOL )
Now I have become too excited I am going to stop now before I bore you all to sleep.
#25 of 61 Old 11-05-2004, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

BF - I breastfed with Aleks for 13 months, but it was all pumping because Aleks was born with a severe cleft lip and palate. So I'm totally new to nursing. Never done it at all. I'm nervous about learning how to just because it didn't go well for us the last time, though the circumstances were extraordinary. I am really looking forward to a healing nursing experience since I greatly mourned the loss of it the last time. Ideally, I will follow child-led weaning, though I am open to the fact that I may at some point really want to stop.

CD - we have CDed with Aleks his entire life. I will do it again, though I am also vaguely interesting in ECing.

I paint and do collage and write and have done some photography. I am fairly crafty, though in a whacked-out sort of way. Right now I am working on holiday gifts (when my stomach and energy level permits it), doing some collage for an iron-on transfer and trying to figure out what I can sew (I'm getting a sewing machine this weekend because I can no longer stand being without it when I get an idea). We're pretty poor, so I have to make almost everything because my list is long (huge family). I stay at home, but have been in and out of school over the years, studying Art History. At this point, I don't plan on finishing, though I may one day decide to. Right now I am interested in doing the Birthing From Within training and possibly one day becoming a midwife. I figure while my kids are young, this is all a ways away. Plus DH has been in school forever so we'll need to wait until he has established a career before complicating things again, which I don't mind at all as I'm not anxious to start training any time soon. We're planning on unschooling as well, so my plan is to just stay at home forever, continuing with my writing and art.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#26 of 61 Old 11-05-2004, 05:38 PM
nym

Hey, I am around kinda.. I am 14+ weeks now too, and feeling pretty good, although tired. DS is wearing me out with his nursing, but I'm still a-going at it. Today we are going to leave the house and go and buy a curtain rod! Woo!

I am planning on BFing the next babe too...

We CD kai, and plan on CDing the next too.

Does anyone have any names picked out?

Our next appt is on the 10th. I hope we can hear the heartbeat, if not, I am going to get a u/s because my blood pressure can't stand not knowing!
#27 of 61 Old 11-05-2004, 05:56 PM

Yes, I definitely will breastfeed. Oscar self weaned at 22 months, when I was about 6 months pregnant with Rose. Rose has been nursing up till now but I think she is gradually weaning herself (she's 34 months). Neither of my kids seems to be that in to nursing while I'm pregnant. I can't say I'm too disapointed though .
As for cloth diapers, we used a diaper service with Rose until she was 2 or so and had become too wiggly to manage putting them on. She toilet trained a few months later. I plan to use a combination of cloth and disposables with this one. I don't like the diaper service ones though so I will have to increase our already huge laundry load!
Hobbies? Not much lately. I volunteer a lot and I love to read. Before kids I liked to cook. I really love to travel, I have fantasies about packing up the whole family and taking off to India again, or somewhere else . But we'll see!
#28 of 61 Old 11-05-2004, 11:23 PM

i am planning on nursing this one. i tried with my other two but it only lasted about 6 months because i dried up. with ds (#1) my milk supply went down because i was pregnant...i had a m/c and "got milk" again. i tried to start it up with him but he was not interested. with dd i have no idea what happened and it was a little scary because i didnt know i wasnt making milk. i knew something was wrong with her and i just thought maybe i should try giving her some formula (good thing the hospital gives them out free) and she drank so much and was such a happy baby after that. i am nervous about trying it again and am not sure if i should. i have heard that oatmeal increases the milk supply and plan on eating a bunch after i have this babe but if anyone knows any other tricks, i would love to hear them. this is definately a concern for me. i love to nurse and am always disappointed that i cant for very long.

my hobbies include: scrapbooking, sewing, crocheting, family game night, i am very interested in photography and i do an okay job with it, i would just love to take a class and learn the tricks to it.
#29 of 61 Old 11-06-2004, 12:06 AM

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#30 of 61 Old 11-06-2004, 02:30 AM

Diapers: We cloth diaper dd and will do so with this one as well. I've already gotten 6 kissaluvs, a dozen indian prefolds, some flats and some tie dye to make 'em pretty! Don't have any covers yet... except for one 'crat from dd's stash.

BF: we are still nursing with dd, but I kinda think she may be headed for weaning. Don't know. With the new bub, we'll go as long as possible. Don't know what that means yet, but will just go with the flow (don't push the river).

Names: we have a boy name picked out from when dd was born but haven't thought much about a girl name. For a boy we like Spencer Flynn.

Hobbies: I have none. No kidding. I don't do anything interesting but read. I LOVE to read, mess around on the computer... I'm so boring!

Did I get all the questions?

Still doing the cold thing, but getting better everyday!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page