Where Is Everyone??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man, this board is SLOOOWWW!!! Where are all you preggo ladies? I hope all is well, and I hope we can get this board hoppin soon! We need some excitement!

I almost thought I felt a kick today, but it was definitely indigestion! Too bad.

ANyway, come out come out whereever you are!!!
#2 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 03:12 AM

I have a cold. So does dd. We're all blah... sent dh to bed today in hopes of keeping him from getting it too. Missed two days of work so far... thus my quiet nature. Everyone else OK?
#3 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 03:16 AM

I'm here. We have a bad cold too. I've been moderating non-stop for the last three days, hence my being MIA.

Still exhausted. Quite exhausted actually. Only uh... 10.5 weeks. Going to have my first prenatal soonish. Still waiting for the second trimester in order to get everything done (being a good mom, cleaning, leaving the house, etc.). At least that's my plan.

Glad to see y'all. I think the slowness of the board probably feeds itself. Maybe it'll change.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#4 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 11:12 AM

I only post at my office and I was out yesterday. Had my second prenatal - all is well so far. I guess we'll all have to catch up next week since mdc will be down this weekend.
#5 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Colds here, too. DS and DH. Both are sleeping the day away right now, but appear to be getting over it. I am the only lucky one around here, thank Goodness! and Get well to everyone else who has it!

annakiss, that's my plan too (waiting til second tri!) LOL!
#6 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 01:51 PM

I was gone most of the day! Had 2nd prenatal appt. (See updated post under weekly thread) Yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of my fathers death. Had to visit him at the cemetary & then out to lunch at his favorite spot. Laundry day too! Then of course, Survivor, CSI and ER last night.
Back to normal today!
Have a great one!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#7 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 02:39 PM

I've been a lurker mostly these days...just not much excitment at this point - 14 weeks. Only pure exhaustion!!

Plus, maybe it is my raging pg hormones but I feel like my posts are invisible here most of the time anyways. Or maybe it is that I just don't ever have a lot going on or much to say...or ask silly questions.

Either way, I keep lurking and occassionally post.
#8 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 03:36 PM

I like to post but ... I am new at being a mama and most of you already have children and talk a lot about breast feeding and weaning. This will be our first child so I can not really say much about breastfeeding at this point.
I have no experience. I spend more time lurking than anything because of that. I am also in college and that keeps me pretty occupied and somewhat stressed.
I think we should talk about our hobbies and such. It would help us get to know each other a little better.

dolfinluvr- Your posts do not go unoticed. I like to read yours because we are so close in our pregnancies. I am 14 + weeks too (15 on sunday).
#9 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005
I like to post but ... I am new at being a mama and most of you already have children and talk a lot about breast feeding and weaning. This will be our first child so I can not really say much about breastfeeding at this point.
I have no experience. I spend more time lurking than anything because of that.

I think we should talk about our hobbies and such. It would help us get to know each other a little better.
We can post about anything here! I hope you first-time mamas will post and ask questions if you have any - I know I had lots of them with my first. I just usually post about whatever is happening -- see my totally un-related-to-pregnancy post about some guy wanting to buy my house.

I think the first trimester is more difficult because so many of us feel like garbage. But as we move ahead, we can talk about typical pregnancy stuff and more. I'll go over to the weekly thread now and post about my crazy house deal and my soon-to-be-famous fetus (not really).

~Hope
#10 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 04:08 PM

Well, I was at Disney a couple of weeks ago, then two days after we got back, we found that my grandfather had gone downhill health-wise. He was given Last Rights and died this past Monday. It's been a crazy past few weeks. To say he was special to me is an understatement.

I also don't like to post too much because I am still seeing spotting. I even passed a blood clot on Sunday (the night before my grandfather died). Although I know it can happen and mean nothing, I am cautious.

Not to mention that I have had bad m/s and exhaustion.
#11 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 04:23 PM

((((Keri)))) I am so sorry about your Grandfather passing away. I know how it feels to lose familiy members who you are close too .... I have been there more than once. I offer you my deepest condolence.
I hope your spotting clears up soon. I don't know what to say because I am not very good at comforting people in need. All I can really offer is a hug and an ear to listen if you need one.
#12 of 20 Old 11-05-2004, 07:26 PM

Thanks Tish! I appreciate your "support"!
My first pregnancy was NOT that long ago, so feel free to ask any questions you want. I tried to breastfeed Ava but it did not work out for us. Plus, she spent a week in the NICU w/out us nursing, which didn't help. This board is as good for first time mothers as it is for well experienced mothers.
#13 of 20 Old 11-06-2004, 01:10 AM

this week ive been MIA since last sunday at my sis's wedding. everything is over with that (phew) i guess im just too tired and depressed right now and havent had the energy to read or type too much. (problems at home) ill probably just check in once in awhile for now. hope everyone is doing well

ttyl
jenn
#14 of 20 Old 11-06-2004, 03:35 AM

I haven't been around much lately. My sister passed away suddenly last week at 20 years old. You can read my posts in Grief & Loss for the whole story. The pg is going well, ms has finally eased up so I can actually eat before dinnertime now (finally!), though since finding out about my sister I don't have much of an appetite anyways. When I start feeling less melancholy I'll post more.

AmiBeth

#15 of 20 Old 11-06-2004, 10:11 AM

AmiBeth -- I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that you and your family are surrounded by the comfort knowing that you are in many people's thoughts and prayers.

Keri -- I'm sorry to hear of your grandfather's life. I hope that he had a long a fruitful life. And you can look back at the time you spent with him with fond memories.
#16 of 20 Old 11-06-2004, 07:44 PM

Desa~ Thanks ofr your kind words.

Keri~ I am sorry for your loss. I don't think we are ever prepared for the loss of a loved one, no matter what their age, or what the situation.

AmiBeth

#17 of 20 Old 11-06-2004, 11:14 PM

Thanks ladies for your words of sympathy.

Calimama, bug to you. I have two sisters and the thought of losing either of them...let's just say I can't even go there. I hope you get answers to your questions.
#18 of 20 Old 11-07-2004, 02:11 AM

I haven't been around because i am still trying to get myself going again. I am feeling a little better but still not "normal" I did see my midwife and she said that for the most part she thinks my problem is pregnancy. LOL With my other two i guess i got spoiled with no m/s and not much energy loss or general tiredness. This time i can barely stomach food (no actualy barfing though) and can barely drag myself out of bed after sleeping 10-12 hours at a time plus a nap during the day.
#19 of 20 Old 11-07-2004, 03:56 PM

I'm here! I reall ywant to get to know all of you too. I have been out with EXTREEM m/s which is starting to subside. I went to my M/W last week and she told me that I am at 10 weeks now, I thought I was only 8. So my offical due date is June 1st but I want to stay here with the May babies. I think this one will be born in May too.
#20 of 20 Old 11-08-2004, 08:06 PM

Yeah I've been MIA also due to moving a week and a half ago, this has been quite an experience so far, especially when water came running down our kitchen light from upstairs (washer was leaking). But all seems to be settling down, including el baboo. nausea is gone for the most part, still exhausted but that's even getting a little better, I'm able to stay awake until 8:30 now!

Sending healthy vibes to all who are dealing with the beginning of the fabulous cold season. Hugs to those who are dealing with losses.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page