Weekly Thread 11/08-11-14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 53 Old 11-08-2004, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am going to start a new one, that last one is getting so big! This is so much fun, lets keep it up!
I hope all those still suffering with M/S, will find repreive very soon.
Those with colds and stomach aliments, again I hope you all feel better right quick!
Any polls/dialog that anyone wants to start?????

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#2 of 53 Old 11-08-2004, 03:59 PM

Nothing exciting going on here. I'm 14weeks now and still haven't gained a pound. I'm slightly worried since I've not had morning sickness and I'm already thin. My belly is growing, though, so I just don't get it.

I think my milk has started to dry up. Kaiden is a big ole grump these days. He woke up in the middle of the night last night signing and saying "drink". He didn't want to nurse for the first time ever.

I can't seem to get past being tired. Some days I feel great, but others I'm just worn out. I feel very lazy and it's taking a toll on my marriage. My husband is sick of our house being a mess and I just don't feel like keeping up after it. Trying to homeschool the older kids on those days (almost every day) is near impossible. I feel like I'm failing my entire family.
#3 of 53 Old 11-08-2004, 06:38 PM

Whoops
#4 of 53 Old 11-08-2004, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wende
I think my milk has started to dry up. Kaiden is a big ole grump these days. He woke up in the middle of the night last night signing and saying "drink". He didn't want to nurse for the first time ever.

I can't seem to get past being tired. Some days I feel great, but others I'm just worn out. I feel very lazy and it's taking a toll on my marriage. My husband is sick of our house being a mess and I just don't feel like keeping up after it. Trying to homeschool the older kids on those days (almost every day) is near impossible. I feel like I'm failing my entire family.
Awww, Wendy!! Your not failing anyone! You are growing a miracle within you. If anyone deserves to be tired and to let the housekeeping go, it is us gestating ladies. It'll get better... I hope! My house is probably in worse shape than yours!

My milk seems to be dissapearing too. Gabriel woke to nurse at 3am after I had gotten back into bed (ptty breaks are so much fun! NOT!!). I was nursing him and noticed that I was NOT hearing him swallow at all. He was definitely nursing for milk, not the comfort nip and sip nursing, and the poor guy wasn't getting anything. I heard him swallow maybe 4 times in the 15 minutes he was nursing.

I am so torn about not having milk for him. I wonder if I should wean him now. Or try to wait it out until my milk comes back.
#5 of 53 Old 11-08-2004, 07:35 PM

Just subscribing! I have my first appt. with my new midwives on Wed. I can't wait to hear that heartbeat! (or heartbeep, as ds called it when I was pg with dd)
#6 of 53 Old 11-08-2004, 10:28 PM

Feeling good this week, better than I have since the line turned pink! No nausea for several days now, tummy's bulging and I'm not dragging my rear end around in the afternoons any more. The bummer around here right now is DS (4 1/2) is suffering from strep throat. He's been coughing for about a week and the fever started over the weekend. Took him to doc today and he tested positive. Poor little one is miserable and being a real trooper. Crossing my fingers he's in better health and spirits by Friday, we're supposed to start our first family vacation EVER then! Also hoping DH and I are able to avoid the dreaded illness. Anyone have any natural help for strep? Would love to hear about it. We're currently using Vit. C and echinacea, lots of fluids and soft foods. He's taking the antibiotic, but I'd like to supplement that. Hmmm, this hasn't had anything to do with the baby at all has it? Guess I needed to vent! I had my first dream/premonition about the baby over the weekend. It was a boy! Had all boy dreams during pregnancy with DS, so we'll see how prolific I am this time around. Anyone else having baby dreams?
#7 of 53 Old 11-08-2004, 10:43 PM

Hi Mama's I just wanted to reply to cvsprague, the few times I have given my ds antibiotics I always gave him yogurt too, you can use acidopholis (sp) too, these are both forms of the "good" bacteria that live in the stomach. (we are vegan and use soy yogurt)

I am about 14 weeks! Due May 4 2005!

and the ms is almost gone! yay!!

I had been having a hard time keeping up with my ds, he is six and we homeschool too. My Dh is really great and understands that the housekeeping and cooking are not my top priority. I do feel so much better now and I have been back to cooking and cleaning.

I also gave away all my baby gear after ds was done with it, I am planning on cding this time. I nursed ds untill he was 3 and co-slept untill around the same time. I am so excited about this baby, all my baby dreams have been boys.

I swear I feel the baby move and I dream that I feel big movments, like the sumersalts at 8 months. I think I am more connected to the baby when I am asleep and that is why I feel it more then.?

I love reading about what you ladies are up to, thanks for sharing.
peace kathleen

There's nothing you can know that isn't known. ~ John Lennon
#8 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 12:24 AM

Has anyone else here experienced sciatica? I had it during my first pregnancy but it was more like stabbing shots of pain from my tailbone and down one leg. This time, it's the same kind of pain but its more constant. I'm not sure if its the same thing or not. Either way - it hurts!
On another downer note. I've been feeling better the last couple of days but this evening seems way worse again. I puked up everything in my stomach, and I hadn't even eaten supper yet - Oh, Woe is Me!!!!

sorry to complain
#9 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 12:31 AM

I am having a crappy evening. First, let me clarify my attitude the last 2 days - moody. I have not slept good for a couple of days so I get grumpy when I am sleep deprived.

I got : with dh this evening and I want to know if it was justified or I overreacted. If I overreacted then it's fine I will apologize. It's not really that bad but I just feel disrespected in a way.

I was laying on the couch on my back (I had just laid down) and dh came up and took my legs and pushed them up over my head. I probably could have touched the armrest of the couch with my toes. So, imagine laying on the floor on your back and you lift your legs up over your head and you touch your toes to the floor. I believe it is a yoga move but I forgot what it is called. I have always been pretty limber and used to do this all the time and normally this would not even bother me but at this point in my life I do not feel like it is a good position to put my body in. I told him to stop because it was uncomfortable and I don't know if that is a good position to be in while pg. Well,dh didn't and seemed to be a little more forceful (not like really aggressive- dh is not an abusive person) he thought it was funny. I was furious and made him stop. he then got very angry with me and went to bed.

I know this is silly but I really got angry. I am sorry to hijack the thread with my silly marital fight I just wanted to talk about it to somebody. I hope you all don't mind. What I really want to know is .... is it ok to do that while pg? Or, would you suggest not doing this. I could just be grumpy and any little old thing bother me.
#10 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 12:47 AM

I have the hardest time keeping up with these weekly threads! I am going to try!

I too am having a really really hard time keeping up with everything in my life.
I am glad that I am not alone!
My house is a mess and the laundry is piled up..soimething I am usually good at keeping up with!
I let my DD (3) watch WAY too many movies!

I keep telling myself that everything will be okay once DH finishes school and I can cut back work, and then will get even better when I quit working all together the end of March... but othertimes I know I am just kidding myself and think that being a SAHM of three is going to be as hard or harder than a WOHM of 2.

I am getting my cervical stitch put in on Friday and will be on bedrest for three days. I am nervous about the anesthesia... but am glad that I have something that will keep my baby safely in... my mom had the same problem and was on bedrest for all of us. I just don't see how she did it with 3 other running around! And I KNOW my dad didn't help at all.

OH ! and DS took his first real steps today... to a total stranger in the DR office
#11 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 12:26 PM

Robugmum - I had sciatca with last pg. It SUX!!! It HURTS!!! I ended up doing a serious of things: chiropractor, massage therapy, and a little physical therapy. Eventually it just went away, as suppose as dd moved away from that area and "settled" elswhere. Chiropractor also showed me some good exercises to do at home that helped.

Had 3rd OB appt. yesterday. I am measuring 1cm below belly button for my fundus! Time just seems to be flying with this pg!! Heartbeat was strong as ever.

Doc said she would schedule an u/s at next appt. for somewhere around 20wks. DH was very much for not finding out sex of this baby but a few nights ago, out of the clear blue, he said he now wants to find out!? And here I was working so hard on my mental mind to be "ok" with this. I am a VERY curious person and am one that used to hunt for x-mas presents as a child. So now I am TOTALLY unsure what to do! HELP!!! I admit it would exciting to not find out but as I mentioned I am also one with NO patience and would find it fun to know what this one is too.

I am in desperate need of an exercise/diet regime as from 7.5wks. to 15wks. I have already gained 9#! Not to mention I didn't lose what I should've after DD (thinking I would have time before next pg)! Ugh!
#12 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 02:26 PM

hmm, i haven't been keeping up with the boards much lately, but here i am, checking back in.

i'm about 11 1/2 weeks along, and still feeling like poop. on top of the usual pregnancy related miseries, dh gave me an awful cold. ick.

i'm looking forward to going to the dr next week. i should be able to hear the heartbeat this time. (i saw the heart beating on ultrasound last time i went, but i'm still excited.) it sounds silly, i guess, but i still worry all the time about whether the baby is ok, and whether i would know if it wasn't. if i feel better (no ms or whatever,) for a little while, i start thinking omg, something must be wrong. i'm looking forward to entering the supposedly magical second trimester, when the baby is theoretically safe, and the ms is rumored to go away. lol

i'm still trying to figure out if my pooch is somehow related to pregnancy, or just a result of too much ice cream. haha. i didn't really think people showed much during the first trimester, but i'm starting to. it's not a huge difference in size as compared to my prepregnancy self, but i'm definately shaped different.

my house is also a disaster. my sister and a friend said they were going to come visit me later this week. i'm terrified they'll see what a slob i've become. i'm hoping to miraculously recover from the cold today, so that i can try to at least clean the areas i know they'll see. (aka clean the kitchen and the bathroom, and throw everything in the closets.)

i've had several baby dreams, and so far the baby has been a girl. i dunno if i believe that means anything, but it will be interesting to see what the gender ends up being.
#13 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 02:39 PM

Well the monthly chat thread idea didn't last... Missed this one yesterday. oops.

Feeling steadily better here. Gag reflex is in full swing however thanks to my cold - all this phlegm is awful. Totally exhausted so still not doing much, though the house is a little cleaner (sort of) and I did get through a bunch of laundry yesterday. Of course, I'm not really getting dressed at all, so I look like a complete slob. Really getting a lot of work done on Christmas, which is nice. I guess keeping myself cooped up in the house aids in that.

I think my belly is growing now. Aleks keeps kneeing me in the abdomen everytime he climbs on me. It's all full feeling and sensative. My boobs are really sensative too, which is something that I didn't get the last time at all. I'm completely convinced that this is a girl because of the excess of symptoms that didn't occur last time. Won't know that for another - oh, 29 weeks or so.

First prenatal is Friday. Did I say that already? Won't learn anything new then of course since doppler and ultrasound and all that can disrupt cell growth early on, so we won't be hearing the heartbeat until around 20 weeks with a fetascope. She will feel for my fundus though. My mom felt for it for me a couple of weeks ago and said she couldn't feel anything, but I definitely feel swollen in that area. I know it's not clearly defined though like the fundus normally is. I can tell the difference, but early on like this, it's harder.

I swear the fun part of pregnancy is on it's way any moment!

Tish - I wouldn't worry too much about the position your husband pushed you in. It's not going to hurt anything. But you do want to be careful in how you operate your body since all your muscles and ligaments have softened, it's easier to cause actual harm. I too would be mad. I found it sort of surprising that he got all mad at you though when you yelled at him to stop. Sounds kind of (and forgive me for saying so) but, well, childish.

Wende, I'm so sorry you're feeling all that guilt. You don't need that. I keep reminding my husband that all that time that I look like I'm not doing anything, I really am quite busy growing a baby and that he can carry the baby if he likes. He declines to carry the baby. He doesn't even remotely want to do that, even if he could. It usually shuts him up. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. It will get better. I promise.

robug - I 2nd the idea of a chiropractor. Sciatica is quite common. I limped for an entire day during my last pregnancy for absolutely no reason at all (I hadn't done anything to damage anything). My mom said she limped for an entire month when pregnant with me. Yowza! Sorry you're hurting. It does suck.

aslmere - Good luck with your bedrest! How scary to have to have that. I'm sure it must be hard with the little ones running around. Good luck to you. Congrats on your babe's first steps!!! (sorry they weren't to you)

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#14 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 03:49 PM

hello, I have been reading up on all you ladies, but have been just too busy to respond.
I am soo exhausted and unmotivated? I don't feel like doing anything in the house right now. And I am unbelievably grumpy at work, one of my patients said I seem "frustrated" today. I can't wait until I stop working at the end of february I am already looking forward to it. Lucas has finally started sleeping through the night (what a relief) and I really notice a boost in my energy levels from actually getting a full nights sleep. He is still nursing but doesn't want much to do with the left side (it isn't nearly as full) he is only nursing in clusters in the early morning and then evening.
I still haven't had a real reality check with this pregnancy 50% of the time I wonder if I am even pregnant. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat, I go for my 2nd appointment on the 23rd and it will be the first time I hear the beat no one else is coming with me though so it will be just me.

I am glad most people are starting to feel better now and gathering up more energy.
crystal
#15 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 03:58 PM

For those who missed it in the other thread - the most recent question was "Was this baby planned?" Share your story.

#16 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 04:23 PM

Kristy- I am just like you. I am a curious person and do not have much patience for waiting. I am getting an u/s at 20 weeks too Dec. 7 is the date.
My dh doesn't want to know the sex either. So I told him he could step out during that part and we wouldn't tell him :LOL I know he won't be able to stand it and he'll want to know eventhough he doesn't. He's so funny like that. I too need to go on an exersice routine. I eat a little better than in the first tri but I still don't eat as well as I would like.

nitemarehippygirl- Don;t worry about your house. You'll get in in order. Your sister and friend should understand what your going through. I know how you feel though. I was going through the same thing for the last couple of months. I didn't want anybody to come see the way we were living. It was horrible.

What is scatia? I have heard of it but I am not sure what it is. I am sorry you are suffering from it robugmum.

Anna- I agree that my dh was acting childish. He does that sometimes. I guess that's why he teaches 4th grade!!!
I am glad you are steadily feeling better. I know it was pretty rough for you for quite a while. I hope your first appointment goes well. Be sure to keep us updated.

Wende- You are not failing your family. This are just temporarily in limbo. Your dh should help if he wants the house to be clean. I am sure you are not the only one who lives there!!! If your dh felt the way you are feeling he would not complain a bit!!!
#17 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 05:14 PM

I'm totally new to MDC - just a couple weeks. I've been lurking, but not posting a whole lot. But I'm hoping to make this area one of my homes. :

First - Robugmum - I had sciatica my ENTIRE first PGcy! I went to a chiropractor - it helped WONDERS! Loved it. Of course she wanted me to come back like 3x's a week - and I just couldn't afford to do that, even though my insurance covered the visits. It was still $10 co-pay each visit! YIKES

Little about me. This is my second pregnancy. And was "sort of" a surprise. DH and I weren't doing a whole lot to protect against PGcy, but we were hoping not to get PG for a little while longer. I'm due 5/5/05, and really feel like I'm having a girl this time - although it could be wishful thining!??! But really, my inpulse just tells me Girl. :girlpin

I had an all natural birth with my son, Elijah. We have a birthing center located in the hospital I go to, so thats really nice. Makes DH feel safe about the whole thing too, seeing how we're minutes, if not seconds away from additional help if something would have gone wrong. It was nice. Although it was hard - I'm very happy I decided to go all natural!

I'm feeling pretty good as a whole. If I don't eat right away in the mornings, I will throw up. Seems odd to me, since I'm at 15 weeks, but whatever. I just try and make sure to eat in that case! I wish I was showing more than I am. It took until amost 22 weeks or so for me to show last time. I am showing a tad bit, but for some reason this PGcy is going so darn slow! It could be because its been less than a year ago since I was PG before - and I very clearly remember what it feels like to have a baby moving in there, and being pretty and PG! I want to think I feel the baby move, but I'm not 100% - it could be anything at this point I suppose. I get the tickles, and even sometimes feel more definate movements, but it seems like they can all be easily explained away.

The whole BF chapter. :boy: I BF Elijah. He ended up weaning at 9 months (I was first PG). I'm pretty sure my milk either changed flavors, or he just wasn't getting enough, so he stopped nursing. I wish he was still nursing. I miss it! But I'm excited to do it again. SO I guess my suggestion is...IF you can keep up the nursing (even if you have to supplement some) keep it up. You'll miss it once its gone!

Well, Thats me. Hope to get to know you all more!

Anita
#18 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 06:00 PM

Anita!!

Velvet - Sciatica is basically pressure on the sciatic nerve which is the root nerve that comes off the spinal cord and lower back. It creates numbness, tingling and PAIN usually starting in the butt and going down the back of one (or both) legs. It is SUPER painful. I could hardly put the tip of my toe to the ground without shooting pain down this area. I was explained that it can come from the position of baby...which is why I think eventually mine went away, when Ava changed spots.

Annakiss - NO! This baby was not planned. But as I tell others "it is a pleasant surprise." I was sure not angry when I realized I was pregnant...but I was shocked and, at first, nervous and bewildered. I guess I thought I was doing ok with the Natural Family Planning Method, which I used to conceive Ava...guess it only works one way for me! :
#19 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005
Wende- You are not failing your family. This are just temporarily in limbo. Your dh should help if he wants the house to be clean. I am sure you are not the only one who lives there!!! If your dh felt the way you are feeling he would not complain a bit!!!
LOL, I would suggest that to him except he works 55-60 hour weeks and has an hour commute each way on top of it. I sometimes feel as if I am the only adult who lives here!
#20 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss
For those who missed it in the other thread - the most recent question was "Was this baby planned?" Share your story.
LOL, this baby was about as planned as the rest, which is to say, not at all. Actually, this time I had just gotten my first period back after having Kaiden. He was 14 months old. I hopped on fertilityfriend.com and figured out (if I were having a 28 day cycle) when I would be o'ing and marked the days on the calendar telling my dh "ok, until we figure out what we're going to use for bc now these are the days to stay off of me if you don't want any more." I had wanted more, he had claimed not to. Anyway, he managed to stay off me every day EXCEPT for the days I was o'ing, lol.
#21 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 07:30 PM

Hello everyone,

I had a crappy week last week so didn't keep up. But I am really feeling that second trimester love this week! Nausea mostly gone, energy back up. I feel like I must look pretty pregnant and have been wearing a few maternity things...but when I look in the mirror, I just look--well, pudgy. I don't know how much weight I have gained, maybe 3-5 pounds.

QOTW: Yes, this pregnancy was very much planned. I didn't get my period back until ds turned two, and was ready shortly before then (though now I'm actually glad it was delayed 6 months or so). After that, I got pregnant the second cycle, but it took about 3.5 months (long breastfeeding cycles!).

And now I have to vent a little. I'm kind of depressed about this, actually. Today I met with the OB who is the backup for the mw group I'm seeing. Personality-wise, I really liked him. And, he is one of the very few docs that will even do a VBAC in this town. But, he says he will not let me go past 41 weeks without scheduling a repeat section, and wants to do weekly NST's starting at *38 WEEKS*! He also wants it done at the hospital I don't like (I have a choice of two), which the mw told me afterward she thinks will be negotiable and she will work on it on my behalf. But the NST's really bothered me. I am worried that he is treating me like I have GDM or am high risk just because I had a big baby before. I am going to once again check into having a home birth at my mom's house. I did find one DEM there, but did not have the highest confidence in here after our conversation. I guess it is time to check into some more options.

robugmum--No history of sciatica here, but I have had pain in my low back/sacrum on one side on and off since the middle of my last pregnancy. It is worse since I became pregnant again, despite regular chiropractic care. Although I think that is helping. If you can find one, a good prenatal yoga class is great for general aches and pains, too. I had a wonderful instructor last time who gave me a couple of specific exercises to do that help me even more than an adjustment.

aslmere--Good luck with the procedure on Friday. Hopefully someone will be with you through the weekend while you are on bedrest?
#22 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 07:43 PM

wende- I didn't know your dh works that much. I should think about things like that first. I still feel bad that you are having a hard time. And I repeat ... You are not a failure.
#23 of 53 Old 11-09-2004, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005
wende- I didn't know your dh works that much. I should think about things like that first. I still feel bad that you are having a hard time. And I repeat ... You are not a failure.
{hugs} No problem. Most people don't work that much, haha. Thanks!

I am feeling a bit better. I've gotten the kids back on a semi-schedule when it comes to school, though my house could still use some work! The kids have been wonderful at helping out around here though. They are great!
#24 of 53 Old 11-10-2004, 11:35 AM

Aside from Friday - Wednesday is my favorite day of the week. Why? Because DH and I are freaks and love to watch the show Smallville. I feel silly because it really is only a semi-good show. Maybe Tom Welling (Clark Kent) also is a little incentive to watch - shhhhhh don't tell DH! HEHE. I don't "lust" or anything..just watch. lol

I had problems with my feet getting cramps when I was PG with Elijah. Well, I'm starting to get them again. I hate waking up in the middle of the night with them. And this time its different, because I can't get out of bed to relieve them. I'm next to the wall, Elijah sleeps in the middle, and DH is on the end. I - for selfish reasons - do not want to sleep on the end, so I don't have to be the one getting the alarm clock in the morning. DH always gets it, gets up, showers and then comes in and wakes me up. I get an extra half hour in that way! So I have to stretch out the cramp while laying in bed, instead of standing up and walking it off. Perhaps I should just get some banana's and get some more potassium in me..and it will help?!

When the new born comes, DH and I are talking about getting a co-sleeper, so Elijah can still be in the middle, then I will definately move to the end - and the newborn in the co-sleeper. Did any of you use one in previous pregnancies? How did you like it? I've never even seen one, let alone though of buying one....but now it sounds like it might be a good option.
#25 of 53 Old 11-10-2004, 11:53 AM

Yes, Wednesday IS a good day (but I don't watch Smallville...my show is ER)! Only b/c it means only two more days of the work week left!

Well, I read up on the Dr. Tom Brewer's Diet....to some it up in one word- DUH! I feel silly for even having to go read it now as it is SO common sense. But it helps to read all the pros for eating healthy. Helps me *remember* that I have a little living, breathing human being growing inside me and that my overwhelming need for crap food is far less important than a healthy diet to nourish baby.

I also started walking at the gym next to where I work. I don't have much time before or after work...and I don't get a lunch break as I work 4-8hr. days and usually eat at my desk...so I have to sneak out at some point during the day and go walking. I figure 15minutes is better than NO minutes.

DH has totally screwed my mind up now by saying he wants to find out sex at next month's u/s! : Simply b/c he is willing to now I will want to. Ugh! Oh, well...it was exciting finding out what Ava was and it will be just as exciting this time. I feel either way (finding out or not) it will be a wonderful surprise.
#26 of 53 Old 11-10-2004, 03:33 PM

I like Wednesdays also. It's my dh's Friday He gets Thursday and Friday off and I love having him home! Plus, Wednesdays are my HS group day. Usually we go to the park but it's looking kind of bleak. It's raining Maybe Barnes and Nobles instead.
#27 of 53 Old 11-10-2004, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Hello Ladies! Busy week here! LLL meeting, and Dh being off to run some diagnotics test, and the kids haveing minimum days, I feel like I am running!

Sounds like most are recovering from M/S, that is great.

This baby was definitely not planned. Some of you may remember my post last week. I have to say, I am doing much better this week. I have not cried about that this week. (Extreme Makeover home edition, still made me cry. How dare they do that to a pregnant lady!LOL) I feel like my greiving for school is over, & finally talking about better made it much better. Thank you ladies.

I understand about feeling behind in everything. Boy did I go through that too. Things are better, and DH is wonderful. I came home yesterday from LLL and he was dusting & vacuming. I am blessed.

My son has had a cold, and I think my daughter is getting it.(Praying I don't!) Last night he threw up, but I think that is because he overate at dinner. He has not since & no fever. He did fall out of bed last night & split is lip open & had a bloody nose to go with it. But he is much better. They are playing outside in the leaves with their Dad!
DD has her big cheerleading competiton this weekend, so a long weekend!
That is all for this week. Take care all!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#28 of 53 Old 11-10-2004, 08:48 PM

Ugh, sounds like quite the week, Cristina! I hope everyone feels better soon!
#29 of 53 Old 11-10-2004, 10:23 PM
nym

Well, I had a good appt today. I lost 3 pounds! (Woot!) My blood pressure is great! And we heard the heartbeat! YAYAYAY! It was steady at 130 bpm. The doc found it right away. My fundus is 1 cm below my bellybutton.
The doc said that he doesn't do ultrasounds at 20 weeks either. He does one at 35 weeks. He said that they wouldn't be able to tell me the sex either, since U/S techs here are not allowed to diagnose, and the doc doesn't have his own machine..

I am going to go test drive a toyota 4-runner. We are hopefully buying it this week. We got approved for a loan today. Thank god, because we can barely fit in DH's little truck right now!
#30 of 53 Old 11-10-2004, 11:25 PM

Why are they doing the ultrasound if they can't diagnose?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page