Anyone thinking names yet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 11-09-2004, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh and I always like to have a name early on (we like to refer to the baby by it's name), and we struggled a lot with dd#2 because we couldn't agree on anything This time I told him that since I have the hemmorhoids from three babies, I get to pick the name I picked Jordan for a girl, and he is okay with that, but I haven't brought up the middle name yet, because he'll think it's weird :LOL. I want Skylar for the mn. We haven't even discussed boy names because we don't think we make boy babies :LOL

So how about you all? Have you thougth about it, already picked names, etc?

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#2 of 27 Old 11-09-2004, 11:47 AM

We have a girls name picked out which we havn't told anyone but I guess I can share it here
Indigo Star I it!
For a boy we like
Ezra
Phoenix
Griffin
probably Blue for the middle name... not sure though...

My brothers name is Skylar I really like it boy or girl!

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#3 of 27 Old 11-09-2004, 12:31 PM

I am TERRIBLE with the name game...which is why I let my DH name our cats: Dr. Love and Kalu! :nana: So you can see why I have major input on our childs name. The only name I liked was Ava and that is what we named DD.

We planned on not finding out sex, which put me in a tizzy with having to come up with two names! But now DH thinks he wants to find out so I have NO clue what we will do.

He would like, if it's a boy, to name him Scott. I am not so sure I like that for first name but would be more than happy for a middle name. His father's middle name and his middle name is Scott.

No thoughts on girls names yet...
#4 of 27 Old 11-09-2004, 01:58 PM

if it's a girl, we're naming it violet ann. i picked that out, and dh was agreeable. we still haven't picked out a boy's name. i suspect we're going to have some conflict over that. lol.
#5 of 27 Old 11-09-2004, 02:28 PM

Amanda, I definitely like one of those boy name choices!

Before this pregnancy, we had talked about Rowan Blythe for a girl and Alexander Kyle for a boy. I think RB is still the choice for a girl, but Dan now doesn't like AK for a boy and he has been attacking me with name stuff. For some reason, I'm just not ready to think/obsess about names yet.

Dan keeps pushing these boy names:
Jasper (I really don't like it)
Graydon (too similar to Griffin, in my opinion)

And he told me on the phone today that he was looking up some other names on the Social Security website today, to check how frequently used they have been lately.

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#6 of 27 Old 11-09-2004, 02:53 PM

I love Phoenix my friend has a little boy named Phoenix and its a great name. I also like Scott but I could never use that name bc I have a xbf named Scott. Boy names are really hard for me. I have tenatively choose Raymond Dean for our baby. For a nickname my friend suggested Raymo instead of Ray and I kinda like that. Its fun to say Raymooooooo. Its a family name using my Grandad and dh Grandfather also his middle name.Funny thing for our first I NEVER had boy name and fell in love with Ella Madeleine one night and never looked back. Luckily we had a girl. Hopefully I'm on to something bc I always thought this baby is a boy. Only a boy could make me so sick for such a long time. I mean that in a loving way...lol
#7 of 27 Old 11-09-2004, 05:30 PM

DH and I love this game. We had our first child's name picked out before we were even married! We picked out Elijah James, and Isabella Joy. We had Elijah.

Since then Isabella has gotten pretty popular so we went ahead and decided not to use that one. This time around we're going with:

Azalyah Selah (hoping for a girl!!!!)

and

Josiah Nathaniel

Of coures thats in my sig, so I really didn't need to post it did I?

Anita
#8 of 27 Old 11-09-2004, 05:47 PM

We're currently having trouble with names. For girls we like:
Eleanor
Estelle
Esme
Isabel
Mathilde

We're sort of thinking Mathilde Esme.

For a boy, well, I have no clue. Must revisit the lists from last time. sigh.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#9 of 27 Old 11-09-2004, 09:44 PM

Oh, no! Anita, I swear I didn't steal your name! I like Josiah Spenser for a boy, Marlie Ellen Anieta or Elena Katelyn Anieta for a girl. Middle names are family names.

AmiBeth

#10 of 27 Old 11-10-2004, 12:08 AM

We discussed boy names tonight. DH likes Sebastian Diego and Seymour Emmett.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#11 of 27 Old 11-10-2004, 12:46 AM

Dh is stuck on Max, after his dad, if the baby's a boy. He constantly calls the baby Max and it drives me crazy. I'm not real keen on naming my baby Max. I like the name, just not for my kid and I also don't want to name the baby after anyone.

We absolutely cannot agree on a girls name. He wants me to suggest names that aren't generally names. Finally I said "like what? Flagpole!?"
#12 of 27 Old 11-10-2004, 01:21 AM

We were convinced we were having a boy last time and had picked out Spencer Flynn. Spencer is dh's middle name and Flynn is just fun. We both still love the name. Not a clue about girls names... once again. I like Anya and Isabella (although, as mentioned, it's getting way too popular).

Dh wants to know the gender this time and I'm not yet sure. Part of me doesn't like the idea of naming a baby before it's born. But part of me would like to start calling this baby something other than the parasite!
#13 of 27 Old 11-10-2004, 08:54 AM

Our favorite name for a girl is Izabela Ruth.
Other cool girl names: ksenia, Edith, Coale (my middle name!!), Nadya, Adele, Michael, and even Buzzi. Most of those are family names.

For boys: Elijah Lynn, Alexei' (Alyosha), Kolya.........I forgot what else we picked. We're pretty sure we're having a girl.
#14 of 27 Old 11-10-2004, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMommie
Oh, no! Anita, I swear I didn't steal your name! I like Josiah Spenser for a boy, Marlie Ellen Anieta or Elena Katelyn Anieta for a girl. Middle names are family names.

AmiBeth
CaliMommie - Its a wonderful name! No reason why we can't both use it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wende
We absolutely cannot agree on a girls name. He wants me to suggest names that aren't generally names. Finally I said "like what? Flagpole!?"
Wende - maybe Apple? after Gweneth's baby...or you can go different and call her Banana. haha. No, really there are a lot of unusual girl names that are pretty too. Lots of websites out there too if you do a search on "baby Names" it comes up with LOADS!! Search through a different language. Azalyah is Hebrew for "My God has Provided" - it really isn't all that unusual, especially since they way its prounounced, its also a flower...but I like it! And its a bit different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wende
Dh is stuck on Max,
He won't compromise and use it as a middle name??
#15 of 27 Old 11-10-2004, 12:40 PM

we like the name esther and i also like the name annika but dh doesnt. we havent even thought of middle names but it will probably be something like bay or some other family name.

for boys we agree on rueben or ethan but my brother just named their son robert ethan and call him ethan so we need to decide if this is a factor - we dont see them very often. again no thoughts on middle names but it will likely be a family name we just havent come across something we just love yet.
#16 of 27 Old 11-10-2004, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomAnita4Jesus
He won't compromise and use it as a middle name??
LOL, nope. My dh is usually a very sweet, very reasonable guy. I rarely have any reason to complain about him (though I've found plenty lately, haha) but on this, there is no compromize and even if he did use it for the middle name he would still insist on calling him Max.
#17 of 27 Old 11-10-2004, 07:27 PM

We do not usually share names, there is to much unsolicited opinon given. But I think this is a safe venue.

I think we have decided names. We will stay with the "A" theme. A Long time ago, before this baby was EVER thought about, we decided if we hypotheticaly had a 3rd it would be named after my father & DH dad, using their middle names Alexander & Ross.

So for boy, Alexander Ross.
Girl has been much harder, orignially we would going to Alexandra & call her Alex. I no longer really like that. (Long story but a bratty girl in the nieghborhood named Alex. KWIM?)
So, today DH came up with Alexa Rose. Alexa I can handle. Rose is close to Ross. I am hoping for a girl so we do not have the circ debate.
So that is our names,
Alexander Ross Salmon or Alexa Rose Salmon

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#18 of 27 Old 11-11-2004, 08:41 PM

Jess and what name would that be?
I like it because I love the name Finn but DH won't go for it... but I figure GriFINN LOL I havn't told him that yet

iamama,
Phoenix is really cool... just not sure yet! What your friends boys middle name?

gingerlane,
We also Flynn (forgot to put it up there) I met a guy named Flynn once and thought that was the coolest name :LOL

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#19 of 27 Old 11-12-2004, 04:08 PM

Coming out of my morning sickness mode (although, really, it's night sickness for me) with a few of our names. I love mulling over names, although honestly, I haven't done it much yet with this little one.

Adaline Donna was our pick for a girl before, so it will most likely be once again. DH and I both agreed on Adaline, and Donna was my beloved grandmother's name (plus it's a bit retro and I like the way the names sound together).

If it's a boy, my DH will pick the first name this time around (since we couldn't really agree before, so I had more input with our DS' name). He voted for Aden last time (which I do like, BTW, but it's just so darn popular now), so I'm guessing he'd go with that one again. Not sure what the middle name would be, but possibly Stone, which is a family name on both sides.

I'm liking many of the other names discussed ~ Anya, Esme, Finn, and Ezra (DS' name ) are some of my favorites too.
#20 of 27 Old 11-14-2004, 06:30 PM

DH came up with Celia Serene....which I just LOOOOOOVE!!!
We also both have great grandmothers named Sofia so could do that too, but is so popular now.

For a boy we love Benjamin...so we'd have Sam and Ben...
#21 of 27 Old 11-15-2004, 02:41 AM

Hmmm...so far if we have boy, we like Lincoln or Tristan
and for a girl, Payton or Eilis (pronounced EYE-LISH or AY-LISH). Rebecca for a middle name and no idea for a boy middle name.
We also love the name Harrison, but our first little one is named Truman...and that would just be too funny.
Harry Truman...:LOL

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#22 of 27 Old 11-16-2004, 02:48 AM

Jordan Skylar is great! Love Indigo Star with a passion, and Pheonix! Love Violet. Ava is one of our faves, but SIL has already "called" it. Rowan Blythe is awesome, and I agree about your DH's names - not so great! Dean's a great mn, and Ella Madeline is beautiful. Isn't that funny how that works - same way for us, too. We couldnt' decide on any girl names, and had a boy. This time, we're pretty sure we're having a girl and can't even think of boy names. Azalyah Selah is adorbale!!! (amuch better than Isabella!) Annakiss, I like Estella the best... Josiah Spenser for a boy is SO cute and I like Marlie Ellen Anieta - its an awesome name! I love Izabella spelled that way, and Coale is COOL! Love Alexa! Adaline is great, I've never heard that. It's similar to Adelaide, but I like Adaline better! I love Serene and Ben and Sam sounds SO Cute together! And Tristan and Payton are SO sweet!
WOW! Seriously, I didn't say I liked all of those to be nice. These are the BEST batch of baby names I have EVER heard! THE BEST!

Here are mine... Like I said, we are only thinking of girl names because our intuition is screaming girl at the top of its lungs... so we're going with that...

These are just my tops list, So and I haven't really talked much about it yet... First names are:
Zoe or Zoey (pronounced the same.)
Chloe (like Chloey)
Gabriella (like Gabe)
Leilani
Lillianna
Michaela

and all of those go with the middle names of either:
jade
pearl
or mae

I am open to opinions, because I'm not even sure if I really like all of these, either. So, if something strikes you, please feel free to share!
#23 of 27 Old 11-18-2004, 01:45 PM

We really like Lily for a girl..but now that I see peace_lily_mama's Lillianna (probably would spell it Lilianna), I really like that too She could still be Lily for short..

We don't have a boy's name at all. Can't find anything that really strikes me and DH just suggests dumb things to aggravate me.
#24 of 27 Old 11-19-2004, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug_baby
We really like Lily for a girl..but now that I see peace_lily_mama's Lillianna (probably would spell it Lilianna), I really like that too She could still be Lily for short..
Hey, my dd is Lily! But it's short for Elizabeth (a family name). We like it and eveyone always comments on how well it suits her. It's a great name, but them I'm a bit biased!
#25 of 27 Old 11-19-2004, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug_baby
We don't have a boy's name at all. Can't find anything that really strikes me and DH just suggests dumb things to aggravate me.
OMG! Mine does this too! I just want to scream! Can't even think about having a serious conversation with him right now about names. With both boys we were in our 8th month before I could pin him down to at least a short list of 5 that he liked. With Colton we were holding him before we decided between the last 3 names on our list.

My problem with names is that if we have a girl I want to name her after a favorite Aunt that died of breast cancer when I was in college. She was like a 2nd mom to me and I really feel very strongly about that. DH doesn't argue but he isn't helpful coming up with anything to go with Deborah. Here are some of my suggestions:

Rhiannon Deborah
Deborah Simone
Deborah Elise
Deborah Elizabeth (Elizabeth is another family name going back generations fyi)

As for boys names I still have our list from the first two

Hunter
Cameron
Liam
Gavin
Edan

No idea on middle names for boys. We already used my two favorites!
#1 is Austin Noble
and #2 is Colton Lee
#26 of 27 Old 11-23-2004, 11:55 PM

FWIW Mamafae, I really like Deborah Elise (you could call her Dee Dee for a nick name maybe?)
Annakiss, I think Esme Mathilde is a fabulous name. I have both of those on my list too, but dh is absolutely set on a girl's name already so my chances are slim of getting to use them!
Let's see, some others on my list are:
Jemima, Flora, Imogen,
Walter, Felix, Birch,
#27 of 27 Old 11-28-2004, 01:14 PM

For a girl its gonna be: Tatum Jayde Elizabeth

I cant think of any boy names. I really really love Lincoln but dh hates it... *sigh*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page