what have you given up? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-16-2004, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
not to make childbearing out to be some tedious task that requires us to surrender our most cherished self-indulgences, but -

what have you given up since you've become PG/a mother?

I haven't really given up much since I've become a mother, except going out and staying out late and partying. I have prolonged getting a lot of tattoos since being PG, and breastfeeding.

And since being PG again, I have sworn off drinking alcohol (okay, I'll had a sip of red wine and probably will again,) gave up nail polish last time, hair dye (not like I dye my hair anymore...), coffee, most all caffeine (except tea and sips of coke in a rare moments of weakness ( i dont' even drink coke normally!) skateboarding, and that's about it.

What do you miss?
#2 of 7 Old 11-16-2004, 02:59 AM

I miss my barq's rootbeer.
#3 of 7 Old 11-16-2004, 01:32 PM

With this pregnancy, I gave up being a student and dream of starting nursing school. (I am really ok with this now! Thanks Ladies. I WILL go back when baby is age appropriate)
Caffiene (about 95% still drink tea with a little & occasional sip when I have a really bad headache), OTC meds for my allergies (talk about suffering!).
Can not think of anything else other than a staight nights sleep due to peeing so darn much!!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#4 of 7 Old 11-16-2004, 09:19 PM

hmmm, at twelve weeks along, i mostly miss my scalding hot, relaxing baths. i also miss the occasional drink with friends, and am starting to miss wearing cute clothes, as i transition into more comfortable, but less attractive stretchy clothes, lol. i'm also putting off getting another piercing.
#5 of 7 Old 11-16-2004, 09:38 PM
nym

booze! hehe.. uhm extra large english toffee cappucinos from Tim hortons.. all that sugar and caffiene.. not much else really...
#6 of 7 Old 11-16-2004, 10:12 PM

I have given up alcohol (I only had it occasionally), going out to see bands play (too much cigarette smoke), caffine, and running. I was running 4 miles 3x a week, but I quit because I thought it would not be good to put the baby through all that impact or get my body too hot. I was told I could continue at a slow pace but I still decided to stop until next summer or fall. I actually quit exersicing altogether once the tiredness and queasiness set in but, now I started walking again just today!!!

I really don't mind giving up these things. I'm so happy to do it for my little bambino
#7 of 7 Old 11-17-2004, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, it's just another labor of love!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page