Weekly Thread 11/22-11-28 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Ladies! I am glad the board is back up, what a shocker it was down. I recall seeing an annoucment for last week, but not this week.

This week is going smooth, other than the occasional brawl between my DS & DD. (They are out of school this week.) Sunday was very excititing! We woke up to snow!! SNOW!! It was amazing! (I live in Southern California, about 40 miles west of Palm Springs.) The kids, and the dog had so much fun. It snowed about 2 hours and it lasted through the day, and was finally melted in my neighborhood yesterday morning. Up the road, about a mile or so, they still had snow on the ground through yesterday afternoon. What a trip! We have lived here for 10 years and it has snowed 3 times, but never this much.

What is everyone doing for turkey day? We are going to my mothers and I am bringing the rolls and dessert. Pumpkin pie, apple pie & cheese cake. I plan to bake today.

That is it for today. Pregnant wise I am good. Still have M/S in the evening. Never actually throw up, but yucky feeling. I hope this passes soon. I do feel my uterus growing, & if I get real still and close my eyes, I can feel flutter, but sometimes I wonder if it is my imagination! I am working on closure for my past births, I will share more later.

Everyone have a great week, and a blessed Thanksgiving! (If you do not celebrate thanksgiving, Happy Day anyway!!!)

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#2 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 01:08 PM

Hi ladies Hope everyone is feeling great this week. Had my 2nd OB appt last Thursday- all is well and I've gained 8lbs! That was good news (my OB is always telling me to gain more weight). I listen to the baby every night w/the Doppler, so I knew the heart sounded great, but it was nice to have her tell me so, too. My US is scheduled for Dec 7- I'll be going to the high-risk Perinatologists that I saw with both of my girls. I'm not high risk this time, but my OB said she knew I'd be more comfortable with a more detailed US, knowing that there were Dr's in the next room if anything out of the ordinary showed up. I'm really happy about that- the perinates were great to us the last 2 times and the US are really more in-depth. I'll feel much better about everything (I'm a perpetual worrier, :LOL) after that appointment.

I am starting to wonder how I'm going to manage 3 kids under 5 :LOL, but I'm excited, too. It was really hard to go from 1 to 2, but I'm hoping 2 to 3 will be a little easier. I'm trying to plan the carseat configuration already- did I mention that I'm neurotic about some things, along with being a terrific worrier? :LOL

Anyone else have appointments last week? Any news?

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#3 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 02:26 PM

Yay! The board is back.

Nothing new to report here. Everything is going well. I'm slowly getting my energy back.

Last month I asked my dh "so where are we flying for Thanksgiving?" since we just moved away from everyone. He said "mmm, nowhere". I said "oh, ok, then who's flying here to cook us dinner?" He laughed and said "you". I laughed even harder and said "ok, well, you won't make that mistake next year." I'm seriously the worst cook that I know. I'm only made T-day dinner once and it was awful. That's what parents and grandparents are for, lol, to cook me Thanksgiving dinner!
#4 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 03:28 PM

Had my third midwife appointment last week. All is going well, I was measuring at 16 weeks, so I guess they are right about my due date. I thought I was only 14 weeks, but I ususally measure small at the beginning (usually about 2 weeks behind) and then catch up towards the 25 week. I will be having a U/S mid-Dec., and should be getting all of the prenatal genetics test results back soon. We are doing all of the genetic blood tests b/c of all of Colby's health issues. We want to rule everything out that we can. I have gained 5 lbs (I'm 17 weeks) & still have a little m/s *sigh* at least I can eat a bit now. I am almost done with my Christmas shopping! I am trying to get it done early this year, esp. since I don't have a car & have to rely on others to take me down to Chico! For Thanksgiving we will be going to Forest Ranch to my grandparent's house. There will be approx. 40-50 people! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

AmiBeth

#5 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 04:16 PM

checking in this week.... returned from my trip overseas - jet-lagged, of course, and with a slight sore throat. The most difficult thing about the trip (aside from missing my family and trying not to go stir crazy on an 8-hour flight) was breakfast. The food just was not working for me and I normally need a good breakfast and even more now being pregnant. So every morning I felt really yucky and just counted the minutes until lunch. I'm basically an eating machine now - a combination of being hungry a lot and avoiding the nausea that just won't go away. Grrr.

Dh and I decided this trip was good time to wean dd. She was down to nursing once a day (before bed) and I was ready for her to stop. Dh thought with me being gone, she would simply forget about it when I got back. But, true to form, when we got in bed on the night of my return, dd looked at me and said "booby?" I chuckled and then gently told her that we couldn't do booby any more. The boobies were sick and no longer worked. She got mad for a minute but was then fine. That was it. She's been fine since. That was easier than cutting out nursing in the middle of the night.

Third prenatal is next week. The last of my work travel is also next week (Sun-Tues). My doc will ask about doing the quad screen for genetic disorders and spina bifida. I plan to refuse since we had the early ultra sound where they measured the nuchal fold. I hate that screen anyway - so many people end up in the "there might be a problem" range when there is not really a problem. We'll have another u/s in early january. I've also already told my doc that I will not get a flu shot. They talked me into it last time but not this time. I'm rh- also so I'll have to think about the rhogam at 28 weeks. Unless they can get me a mercury free shot, I definitely will skip it until we know the baby's blood type after delivery.

Turkey Day will be at my mother's. I'm doing a veggie tray and cranberry bread. Taking off work early tomorrow to get that done. I'm also going to get my own turkey to make on Sunday ... mmmmmm.... Wende - if I were closer, I'd make your dinner for you. If your family eats meat and wants turkey, get a Reynolds oven bag -- it's fool proof if you follow the directions inside. Oh, and don't bother stuffing the bird - too much work. Just bake the stuffing for a little while in a casserole dish. Mmmmmm... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Cristina - I can't believe you had snow in So Cal! We were supposed to get snow in WI on Wednesday but now the front will likely stay south of us. It did snow when I was in Estonia - it was beautiful and made me wish for winter.

~Hope
#6 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 05:20 PM

I'll check in here as well.

My appointment with a mw was last weeks - that's when i found out I was 13 weeks. Right now it is still sinking in. Sometimes it feels like I've know that I am pg for ages and sometimes I still don't feel like it's real. I can hardly see any tummy yet, so pretty much all my clothes still fit (although some pants seem tighter). It's probably because I like stuff that really hugs the body, so most of my pants have stretch to them or otherwise I just can't wear it. It's most likely the stretch is saving the day right now.

I have always had the entire dh's family over for Thanksgiving (my family lives overseas) and do not want to cancel this year just because I am pg. I will enlist their help. Sister will bring dessert and mother-in-law will help with vegetables and salads. I still tire easily so i would not be able to do it all on my own this time.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#7 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 08:11 PM

Hello
I had my 4th appointment today. The hb is stronger and stronger everytime I hear it The bpm were 150 down from the 160 last time but my b/p was higher last time too. It was back to the normal 90/62 today (last time it was 120/76 or something like that). I must have been stressed that day.
So, everything went well. I go on the 7th for the big u/s. Oh yea my fundus is measuring 17" from the pubic bone (I think ???)
I just got back from the dr so that is why I am posting such detail about it.

Thanksgiving- Going to the in-laws w/dh and then to my dad's side of the family thanksgiving. I hope my mil doesn't make me help her cook
I am looking forward to all the food that will be available for me to gorge on :LOL.

Debstmomy- cheesecake
#8 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 08:41 PM
nym

Hey all...

I'm doing pretty good I guess. But I am sooo tired now. I wasn't tired at all until about 4 days ago. Now 2 oclock rolls around (right when DS gets up from his nap) and I fall over. Literally! DS has been so good, I nurse him for like forever, and then move to the couch where he watches TV and I sleep kinda.

My next appointment is on the 15th of Dec, I am going to see if I can get a u/s and I am going to ask he request the gender, because we want to know badly.

I am almost 17 weeks, and I think I feel the faint stirrings of movement, but I rarely concentrate on this pregnancy, so I dunno. I find it funny that I was so involved with my first pregnancy, and this one I can barely remember when I am due.

ETA- Uhm, we had our thanksgiving last month, so anyone with too much turkey can send some up here! I'm craving it badly!
#9 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 11:41 PM

I had appt #2 with my midwife today. The heart sounded good. I had high BP and so she told me to start taking magnisium oxcide. I hope it helps. It didn't help that I was a bit stressed today and my dh is trying to quit smoking and has been going thru nic withdrawal which ain't pretty. It kind of reminds me of my first trimester. I try to be supportive tho. I know kicking the habit is hard. Its hard on me too. He's doing much better today. 15 years of using nic is a long time.

As for TG were staying put for the first time ever and will go to our neighbor friends for a deep fried turkey alls I have to do is bring the taters and maybe a pie or apple crisp if I'm feeling extra ambitious!
#10 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 11:42 PM

Hey all, Happy Thanksgiving to all you Yankees . Thanksgiving is probably my favourite holiday. So much less commercial than Christmas (at least up here), mostly non-denominational and focused just on family and friends and food - what more could you ask for?

As far as Thing 3 goes, I'm still throwing up a lot - more than with the other 2 even! I'm definitely looking pregnant, I guess with a third pregnancy, your belly just knows where to go. Plus, I have pretty severe seperated stomach muscles so there's nothing holding it all in anymore : ! At least this time it seems to be going by more quickly. I swear, I had the longest pregnancy on record with dd (even though she was born one day early!).
I hope you are all well, glad to be back in touch again!
#11 of 19 Old 11-23-2004, 11:48 PM

Well the big issue right now is that I woke up this afternoon from my nap with Colton to find that I am spotting. Nothing major, but having had two pregnancies with none, it is worrisome for me. I called the MW and due to some other symptoms I am having she wants to do a vaginal culture. We both think that I may have some sort of infection that could be causing or be related to the spotting. I will be going in at 9:30 tomorrow morning to have it done. If the bleeding increases and I start cramping they will draw blood for an HCG level as well.

I have been feeling very week and tired all day and queasy on top of it all. Emotionally I am pretty ok. I don't feel like it is anything serious, and I am confident all will be fine. This pregnancy is just very different : from my other two altogether and better to be safe and sorry.

I am supposed to "take it easy and keep my feet up" for the rest of the night. Yeah right! LOL. DH is being great and insisted we order dinner in so I didn't have to cook or suffer through his passible attempts at nourishment! So I am eating a very yummy club sandwich and garden salad from a local Itailian place and happy to have him home.

As for thanksgiving, that depends on tomorrow. If I am feeling ok I will go get a turkey breast from the store and some side dish fixins and make a small meal for just the 4 of us. We have no family or close friends nearby, so it is kind of a sad time for me! I can identify with wanting to go to grandma's so she can cook for me!!!!! God do I miss her stuffing! The only thing I really really want to do is make pie out of one of the pumpkins we bought at halloween. I don't know if I can take standing that long though, and I can't abide the idea of store bought crust.

I do hope I am feeling better because Friday is Portland's big holiday parade and DH an I really wanted to take the boys downtown for it.
We shall see....
#12 of 19 Old 11-24-2004, 12:09 AM

s to you Mamafae! Do try to rest, I'm sure it will be ok, sending you lots of positive thoughts!
#13 of 19 Old 11-24-2004, 12:26 AM

Hello all,

MamaFae, I really hope everything is okay with you. Hopefully it is nothing.

I am bummed because our insurance will be changing in '05, and the hospital I planned to go to is not covered. Also my MW and primary doctor are not listed in the book, either! I will have to double check with the MW, but now I don't know what to do. insurance. Yes, I am thankful to have it, but having it change every few months gets old fast.

We are taking a mini family vacation for turkey weekend, just me, DH, and ds. The first time we will ever not be with family and/or friends for a big dinner. I am looking forward to getting away. I know I will manage to have some pumpkin pie somehow or other, wouldn't miss it.

16 weeks here and my next appointment is next week. This pregnancy is going by much faster than the last one! Though I am feeling better, I am not 100% and I still find myself feeling guilty that I am not "supermom", or anything even close, for my son these days. I want to be doing more just with him and enjoying this time, but I am still so tired. He is on his way to weaning, just a couple of minutes at bedtime and in the morning. One night he fell asleep without asking to nurse at all. It is okay, the boobs will be ready for a little break before baby comes along.

Have a great week, everyone.
#14 of 19 Old 11-24-2004, 01:55 AM

Hey everyone! I still haven't had an official MW appointment. Just hasn't worked out yet (I'm 14 weeks). We have one set up in about two weeks. Still not sure if we'll do the U/S or not and if we do, if we'll find out about the gender. Still leaning towards no on both counts.

Slightly Crunchy -- we're having insurance issues as well. I'm now eligible for company heath but have discovered that I will actually save money on the birth if I stick with my individual PPO plan. It will reimburse more of the MW fee than the company heath plan. It seems crazy to actually refuse company paid health insurance... but it pays out better this way.

Am showing now. Sooner than I did with dd, which I understand is not unusual. Keep trying to get dh to take a photo, but we always forget when the camera is actually in reaching distance! We are so lame!

TG: going up to my Aunt and Uncles newly built cabin (more like Lodge, it's HUGE) for a couple of days. Looking forward to time in the woods with the family. We bring the yams!

Hope everyone has a blast!
#15 of 19 Old 11-24-2004, 12:22 PM

Cristina – I live in Ohio, and it hasn’t even come CLOSE to snowing yet. Although, I’m thankful. I’m not a cold weather person at all!

Wendy – I’M the worst cook! One year I made deviled eggs (why are they called that?) and cut them the wrong way. They STILL won’t let me live that one down! lol

Tish – you sound like me on the appointment number. I think I just had my 4th as well..and here I am reading “My second appointment” I’m thinking..hmm..it just must be a result of that bleeding early on. (I know it is, but I was still having a hard time believing I was that far ahead! Lol)

Vanessa – I feel the same way about this pregnancy too. With Elijah, it was my WORLD. Now it seems like Elijah is still my world, and this new baby is living it in. I can’t wait until I do feel constant movements so I’ll be forced to focus on the pregnancy a little bit more.

Nichol – Although I do believe you should take it easy..I do agree that having a home made pumpkin pie in store bought crust would be just a little off wouldn’t it?? I hope you get to feelin better and the spotting was just a “happening” that goes away! I had lots of spotting early on, and they gave me some weird answer I can’t remember – but I’m definitely still PG and all’s great!

Thanksgiving for us is the same every year. I love this holiday. I really enjoy Christmas too..but theres so much STUFF that goes with Christmas. Thanksgiving is just eating and family. I’m responsible for bringing the bread (they don’t trust me!) No really, I have a bread machine, and although I have proven at least TWICE that you can actually mess up using the bread machine, MOST of the time it comes out really great! I am SOO looking forward to stuffing myself full! Hehe

Like I said, I had my 4th M/W appointment. I go in the 15th for my next, and my BIG U/S to find out the gender. I’m not great with surprises! LOL. I’m so hoping for a girl, and honestly, I FEEL like I’m having a girl this time. Last time I was pretty sure I was having a boy and I did..so its at least somewhat reliable. (last time I wanted a girl too!) A boy would be easy though – we have everything we would ever need for a little boy. I’d have to get loads of clothes for a girl! I have been feeling the baby move here and there. Enough I guess. I want to feel it more. And then I read bad stories on the BBC May board about how a ladies baby died (won’t go into details) and start worrying. I think that “worry” must automatically be inserted into the PG hormones…because it seems like I do it a lot more while PG.

I’m on my 2nd child. Elijah will be 1 on Dec. 11th, so I’m PG – and I was PG this time last year too. I’m feeling kind of tired of being PG. Is anyone in that boat with me? I feel guilty. I want this baby…it was a little earlier than we had planned on getting PG, and I KNOW I’ll be dying to get PG again in a couple years. But I confessed to DH last night that I was kind of tired of it already. Being PG is so easy for me too, which makes me feel even more guilty. I guess I just feel kind of fat (and I’m not a big person) and ready to get into better shape. I didn’t get a chance to do that last time. Anyway…I’m rambling, just though I would share. Maybe I’m not alone!
#16 of 19 Old 11-25-2004, 06:12 PM
nym

How is everyone doing on this US Turkey day? I want some turkey, someone send me some. I can't wait for Christmas now.. yum yum.
I spent yesterday feeling like crap. I did get a nap in with DS, but then DS wouldn't go to sleep last night and I was up until 2 am with him, because DH is a complete asshole. I was so tired, I had to throw up before I could go to sleep. I had a massive headache and had to take some tylenol.
Today I am not feeling that good, DH is still being a jerk, and I want to run away. I did clean my whole kitchen and wash the kitchen floor since MDC was down, I had nothing to do.

How is everyone else doing?
#17 of 19 Old 11-26-2004, 03:56 PM

I felt like poo on Turkey Day. I puked up my breakfast and had to run down the hall will it in my mouth while I dodged for the bathroom. Then I went to lay down for 2 hours and got up to make the mashed potatoes for the dinner we were invited to. I did manage to eat a good amount of dinner but it made me feel yucky and I left at 5 and went home and got into bed. I didn't get out til after 9 this morning and I still feel like a limp noodle. I had a piece of toast and now some dry cereal. I borrowed my neighbors blood presure monitor and my BP is doing fine. It was a bit high on tuesday at the MW appt. I had a killer headache last night too and alls I wanted was dark and quiet. I really hope this goes away I really want to be one of those energenic 2nd trimester women. I hate to say it but dd will prolly watch alot of tv today bc I have no energy for much or maybe I'll see if my kind neighbors will take her for awhile.

I want some coffee...decaf.
#18 of 19 Old 11-29-2004, 11:14 AM

Well, we haven't been posting much. The holidays will keep us busy for the next month or so. School is what is doing it for me. I really can't wait for this semester to be over. I am burned out right now. Everytime I turn around it's something else and now it is project time which means ALL of my any midget of and ounce of spare time is gone.

How are we all doing?

Things are going pretty good here.... I hope. We get out test results from the FP (three letter's not sure of the third but I think it's the triple screening test) either today or tomorrow. We sit on edge as we wait.
I believe I really do feel movement. I do not feel anything consitantly though just here and there. Next Tuesday is our u/s. We are excited to see this Peanut. Our first peek at our first baby
#19 of 19 Old 11-29-2004, 03:09 PM
nym

Last night while I was peeing at 3am the baby kicked me. Nice and hard. Wooooo! I'm so excited. It is just like with DS. I was at dinner with my brother and SIL and the baby kicked once nice and hard. Of course it didn't do anything for another week or two, but at least I knew, and now I do with this one too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page