What are you thankful for? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-26-2004, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Will all of the discomfort and trials of pregnancy we all are facing, and all of the other negative moments we go through in our lives, I thought it would be nice to take a moment and focus on what we are thankful for. This is after all Thanksgiving Day for us here in the US. If you are some where other than the US feel free to join the discussion to however!

I think what I am most thankful for is my husband. Without him I would not have much of what I have now. My two sons for starters. Self-confidence, self-esteem, happiness, security, love, understanding, selfless love, and trust are all things my DH has taught me. He has shown me how to love in a way that is whole and true. It is a love that is real with all its worts and scares out in the open and nothing to hide. It is an acceptance of who I am and loving me despite of that. I am so very thankful for him.

He is an amazing father to our boys. He loves them fully and openly. Not afraid of showing the affection that many men keep to themselves. He is hands on, changing more diapers than I do, and walking cranky babies in slings at all hours so I can sleep. He is willing to wash dirty diapers, fold laundry, and best of all does 99% of all the dishes! He is an fantastic helper and provider. All of this he does with very little complaining, and almost no questions asked. He is in a word wonderful.

Nichol
who is feeling very lucky today to have her DH by her side.
#2 of 4 Old 11-26-2004, 12:50 PM

I am thankful for my DH, Matt. He is the most amazing husband, and I sometimes forget to tell him so. He helps me so much. He works many hours so that we have the income so I can be a SAHM. He does all the laundry (too heavy to carry these days. We laundry mat!yuck!), he cleans the kitchen, will make the bed, get kids ready for school. He is awesome.
I am thankful for my 2 beautiful kids. They made me a mother, and I love being Mom (most days!). My Mom, she is such a blessing in my life. We are very close. My grandmother lives with her, what a wonderful example for my kids to see.
My family is the thing I am most thankful for. Without them I would not be ME!
Blessings to everyone else, on the day after turkey day, and NO I am not going out shopping with everyone else in the world!

Cristina

PS. I am thankful for the Mothering forums. I am so glad I found you ladies!!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#3 of 4 Old 11-26-2004, 01:28 PM

This is a nice thread My lower back is already starting to hurt a lot (I'm 18w tomorrow, with my 3rd baby), and yesterday I was worrying about how much worse it's going to get as time goes on....Then I read a website about a family whose only child, 10 years old, died of cancer and they are spending their first holiday without him. It just makes everything else so inconsequential. I'm very thankful for my dh- he's a wonderful man, and he works very hard so that we can have a nice, big house, so that I can stay home, we have all we need (and most of what we want), etc. He loves his girls so much and it just warms me to see them interact. My girls are the biggest blessings I've ever had- I honestly don't know what my life would be like without them. I was so thankful for my aching back after I thought about that family. I have 2 perfect, very intelligent children and am pg again...It just doesn't get any better than that.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#4 of 4 Old 11-27-2004, 12:27 PM

This year I am so thankful for my husband and my son...nothing else in the world matters to me right now. (well family does..I'm talking materialistic) I am also thankful that for the first time in my life, I'm not trying to fit the mold that my or DH's parents would like us to - by totally going opposite of what they feel we should do with our kids.

There are days when I get tired of co-sleeping, or get frusterated because DS is having a rough day...but since having my son, I've noticed the news around me a lot more...and all the kids being beaten, hurt, abused, killed. I am also on the December 03 board on BabyCenter where there was a little girl born the same month as my son who has already died due to cancer. Anytime I feel those things I mention above, I remember - that mommy no longer has her baby to hold and love...and its all worth it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page