too early? grrr! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-01-2004, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my mil just called. after we talked she asks how I am feelinf etc. I say I am fine, I have strated growing my belly. Even dh said last night that when I hug him he feels my tummy first and then the rest of me. It's not like I am huge by no means at all - i still fit into my pre-pregnancy pants, but what does she say - "umm, kinda early". I will be 15 weeks the day after tomorrow. and if I still fit into my old pants my tummy isn't all that big yet. but it is starting to stick out a bit, that's why dh can feel it like that. wtf???

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#2 of 9 Old 12-01-2004, 05:07 PM

I don't get it. Does she think you are to early to show so you must be fat or is she insisting that you could not possible be showing this early???
#3 of 9 Old 12-01-2004, 07:07 PM

What??? Kind of early.... hmm. Whatever!!! I saw your pic (looks great btw)
and it looks normal and similar to other pics I have seen. I think everyone carries differently and begins to show at different times.

I was thinking of starting a "Complain about your MIL" Thread. I love my MIL but I still have some complaints to vent out!!! What do you think?
#4 of 9 Old 12-01-2004, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Tish, i did not have my pic posted. I have nt even taken a pic yet! i know I should start. This weekend we'll take some for sure.

Aaudreysmom, I think she thinks that it is not good to show this early. Atthe times ans place where she was pregnant docs gave women a hard time for weight gain, so she is probably thinking that if I am showing this early it means i will gain too much weight which cannot be good in her book.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#5 of 9 Old 12-01-2004, 07:51 PM

: Oops sorry about that. I thought you did. I got you mixed up with someone else. : My head is in my rearend. It stays there most of the time. :LOL I hate it when I do stuff like that. I actually failed to recognize my cousins wife at Wal-Mart one day... I still haven't lived that one down and it's been 2 years. I think she doesn't like me too much because of it
#6 of 9 Old 12-01-2004, 09:28 PM

Did somebody say "complain about your MIL thread?" Count me in! :LOL

That "too early" comment is just LAME. MILs really do need to keep their mouths shut sometimes, ugh. (Can you tell that I just spent nearly a week with mine? )

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#7 of 9 Old 12-02-2004, 12:06 AM

That's so insensitive! I'm huge already, too (or at least I feel like it!) - so don't feel bad!
#8 of 9 Old 12-03-2004, 07:09 PM

Not too early to show for sure. I already can't fit any of my pre pg pants or a lot of shirts for that matter. Your MIL sounds like a real peach. Don't let her get to you.
#9 of 9 Old 12-04-2004, 02:15 AM

Let's add mothers to the list too. I dropped my dd off at my mom's and she gave me a big hug and then looked real close at my head and asked if my hair was thinning. (!) A whole new thing to obsess about. Thanks, Mom.

My mom is actually wonderful but, really, she's the one who raised me on "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

How hard is it to remember that you should just tell a pregnant woman that she looks great? No criticism will be anything that the pregnant woman can do anything about.

Thanks for reading my vent.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page