Movement? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2004, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am almost 16 weeks and I can't remember when I felt movement with my first. Seems like this is right around the right time, yes?

After my first midwife appt. (which was so wonderful to hear that heartbeat at 170 and after meeting our wonderful midwife, DH felt totally onboard for having a homebirth ) I think I felt movement for a few days but could;ve been in my head from all the excitment. That was at almost 13 weeks.

Now I think I am so busy running around after a toddler, that I am maybe not noticing...I am thin, so I am thinking I should be feeling some flutters soon.

Anyone else???

Me, 42
Hubs, 44
Married 22 years
Two boys 11 and 9
and a HUGE surprise: I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2004, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a slightly larger Mama so it took me a while with first pg, I couldn't tell what was "movement" either with the first but I seem to recall if I did palpatations I could get a response at around 18wks. And I really felt her kick for the first time at 24wks.

This time around I am feeling random, occasional flutters at 17wks. But I too am very busy most of the day (and eve) so I don't pay close attention.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:39 PM

Just yearterday, I have been feeling something in the same place a lot. Little tiny kicks and jabs, but can't feel it on the outside yet. I'm thinking this one is going to keep me up doing tae-bo all night. :LOL

First time around, I felt the first serious kick at about 18 or so weeks. M/W said I should feel movement between 16-20 weeks.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:12 PM

I'm 15 weeks today with my first. So it should be soon for me? So far I feel nothing.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Old 12-03-2004, 03:34 PM

I have not felt anything definite yet. Sometime I wonder if it is wishful thinking. I do not think I felt movement with DD until 20 weeks, and DS I do not really remember, but I think it was close to the 20 week range. So, perhaps a Christmas present for me would be to feel the baby move then. I will around 18 weeks 4 days on Xmas. We shall see.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 12-03-2004, 07:53 PM

I am currently 16.5 weeks and i think i've felt some definite baby flutters. For the past few weeks i've suspected but can't be sure. The first flutters feel so much like normal intestinal bubbling. KWIM? I'm still not sure but i'm getting more confident that my baby has been trying to get my attention. I can't wait until i can feel the bug whenever i want (and even when i don't) I love those little love kicks even when they hurt. My first pg, i didn't notice movement until almost week 20 so i'm so excited to feel it already.

User Tag List