Trouble emptying bladder - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-12-2004, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else having trouble emptying her bladder? I started having trouble about a week ago and it occurs mostly at night and in the morning. I try to go but nothing comes out. Sometimes, I can force it out by pushing against my bladder. Other times, I get up and walk around awhile and it helps. I know I'm not completely emptying my bladder sometimes, though.

I called the midwife I had with dd (she's retired now and I don't have an ob yet) and she said it happens to some women around this time in pregnancy. She said if I ever can't get anything out that I'll need to see a dr to be catherized and the dr. would probably give me some catheters to use at home. Yikes Fortunately, she says this will eventually go away but she doesn't know when!

I'm taking cranberry capsules to help prevent infection but I just want this to go away. Does anyone else have experience/info about this?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-12-2004, 03:05 PM

Oh what a horrible feeling that must be! An idea that came to me was turning the water on & letting it run before you go. I know it helped when potty training. Just a thought. Hope this passes soon.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#3 of 5 Old 12-13-2004, 12:30 AM

With my other 2 pregnancies, I found that leaning forward when I was trying to pee and sort of pushing on my bladder that way helped a lot. I hope you're having an easier time soon!

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#4 of 5 Old 12-16-2004, 03:55 AM

Sometimes I feel like I surely didn't get it all out because I have to go in the next couple of minutes, but I don't know if that counts. I hope you don't have to get a cathedar, sweetie! GOOD LUCK!
#5 of 5 Old 12-19-2004, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks to all who replied to my post! I really appreciate your concern and suggestions. I haven't had a problem "going" for three days now. I'm so relieved and I'm crossing my fingers it won't return. I feel so blessed that I avoided having to have a catheter or go to the ER.

I hope this is the only "new" symptom this pregnancy.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page