Weekly Thread 12/13 - whenever - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2004, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alrighty then... That one fizzled. New question.

Tell us the story of your family, how it came to be. I'll start again.

For most of 1998, I had a bad year. I had sorta not finished my first year at college and dropped out and had some very bad boy experiences (to top off my several years previous bad boy experiences). In the fall, I started part time at the local Community College while working full time as an admin. temp. I decided I was just going to date and forget about finding love since I'd had such rotten luck at it anyway. The second class my first week I skipped for some reason, but went the second week. That's where I met Jon. And his very recent ex-girlfriend (they had signed up for the class together, then broken up). This was September 24 and the class was called "The Search for Utopia". By October 10, we had our first "date" which was hanging out with some different friends of ours, playing Trivial Pursuit. Then we had our first kiss. And we just knew.

For Halloween, I went to Athens, Ohio with a girlfriend for the weekend. Jon and I missed each other so much. On November 1st, while hanging out with friends, I got real moody and we had our first fight. It was completely stupid, but after talking it out in his car in the parking lot of a coffee shop, I said to him, "So when do you want to get married?" Hoping that we could fanatsize for a minute by setting some future date. He said, "I don't care, we could get married on Saturday." I said, "You know, we could get married on Saturday." So we did. My friend Joel was an ordained minister through the Universal Life Church (online) and had performed several ceremonies before. So we were married at age 19 in Joel's apartment wihout having told most of our parents who we were both still living with. Three weeks later I basically ran away from home without anything but my clothes and moved in with Jon & his parents, where we lived for a few months, then again for a few months later in 1999.

We didn't turn in our marriage license, so we played legally like we weren't married for a couple of years, but we got married again with a big white-dress wedding in my parents' backyard in 2000, after which my parents finally got over being pissed off about the whole ordeal and started recognizing Jon as my husband.

We eventually started to figure out how to be adults (we weren't too bad to begin with, but there was still a learning curve) and I supported us while Jon went to school. We moved in 2000 70 miles to Columbus for Jon to finish his Bachelor's degree (I dropped in and out of school periodically).

On December 9, 2001, I discovered I was pregnant with Aleksander after having five baby dreams that convinced me to take a test (I had thought that I hadn't been ovulating, which was my rationalization on our anniversary that year ). His due date was August 1st, 2002, which meant that Jon would have finished his BA and we would be awaiting our move to wherever he got into grad school.
Aleks was born August 16, 2002 at my mother's home.

We moved to Montana a week later, Jon starting out with the truck and my mother & Aleks & I following three days later. Aleks was born with a cleft lip & palate and had 4 surgeries by 13 months. His first was at 12 weeks, for which my mother flew out to Montana for. He had his second at 6 months, his third at 10 months, and then a simple ear tube surgery at 13 months. We had some scary moments during his recovery from the first two surgeries, but he's been perfectly healthy otherwise.

Jon graduated with his MA in History in May and we moved back to Ohio, where he is now working on his PhD. I am ever the dutiful wife, staying at home in barefeet, wearing my apron and baking cookies with my two-year-old (and that's a gross exaggeration, if not a complete fiction :LOL). Seriously, I struggle through my days to not want to lock my tornado of a son up and throw away the key, though of course I love and adore him, even though he is a tornado. And I am pregnant now, which we planned very carefully and decided to try in August and September for an early summer baby (hit the mark the second try, which was more perfect, actually) so that Jon would be out of school for the early months. And that's that...

I've written a book again. If it bores you, and you don't want to participate, let me know!!!

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2004, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss
I've written a book again. If it bores you, and you don't want to participate, let me know!!!
I can't believe you got married so fast and so young! My life sounds so conservative and boring!

Yes, I want to participate but will type the book tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatz
I can't believe you got married so fast and so young! My life sounds so conservative and boring!

Yes, I want to participate but will type the book tomorrow.
I got married at 19 as well to a guy I have saw face to face for less then 2 weeks. it's been 6 years since then and we're expecting our first baby.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Old 12-13-2004, 08:46 PM

I think when you meet your mate...you know it. I could be wrong but that's how I feel. It doesn't matter if you marry in 2 weeks or in twice as many years. I met my husband when we were 15 and for some reason I *knew* he was the one. We didn't get married a month later though :LOL we were still adolecents!!! We also didn't start dating until 2 years later. I never let him out of my mind the whole time. Even while we were both dating someone else.
I'll get to my book another day. I do want to participate.

Schools out for the semester and my stress levels have already begun to diminish. The baby has been kicking around a lot more today. He must be facing my belly. I love that feeling. Tomorrow I go to the Dr again and I get to find out the results of the ultrasound I should have done without. I am going shopping. It is time for me to leave the house and do something I want to do instead of something I have to do. I will write my book tomorrow. I can't wait to read others. I love to read love stories
Old 12-13-2004, 10:45 PM

I just wanted to tell you all that I'm still here and paying attention. I don't have time to write my story right now. Between dd's birthday, Christmas, having yet another cold and, well, growing a baby, I'm getting short on time. Hopefully, I'll have some time in a day or two. I still read about all of you though! I hope you are all doing well.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:35 PM
nym

I'm around. Things are not too well with the DH. The baby is kicking lots, although I don't spend a lot of time dwelling on it. Often in the evening when I have a free moment I lie down and press my tummy and the baby kicks back. I think that is cool. I'm all grouchy cuz I don't know what it is..
Old 12-13-2004, 11:59 PM

Short version~ DH & I met in 1999 through mutual accquaintances in college (actually I was a HS senior attending college). We dated for a year & had a shot-gun wedding in July 2000. He was 23 & I was 19. DS1 was born in Oct. DS2 was born in Oct 2003.

Things are actually pretty bad here recently (I posted 3 threads in Parents as Partnerswith the details: When is enough enough?, WWYD id DH/DP said this to you? and DH told DS he was moving out. . .). I am trying to decide whether I should leave or not. I have no job so I feel very trapped. Any advice is welcome. We also just found out that Colby has to have eye surgery immediately following Christmas. Poor little man has been through so much already

AmiBeth

Old 12-14-2004, 02:31 AM

Dh and I met in the fall of 1996 during our first week of college. I was only 17 years old, and very happy to finally be out of my house. Not that home was a bad experience, only very controlled. DH had been in boarding school for 6 years, so was used to being away from home. We were friends for about two weeks, and then we had our first kiss. About a month later, we were inseparable. I only went back to my dorm room to shower and change clothes, and spent most of my time with friends and him. Second semester he got his own dorm room, and for all intensive purposes we moved in together. Still had to go to my dorm to shower, but that was all. The situation remained the same through our second year in college, but luckily we had our own bathroom at that point so there was no travelling to two dorms. After our sophomore year, we both transferred to different universities and ended up splitting up for about 4 months. It was a very traumatic time for me, as I was so in love with him and always believed that we would end up together forever. After we got back together, we had to do a lot of travelling to be together, but we managed to make it work. We broke up once more about a year later for 2 months or so, but after some time apart I knew he was the one and I couldn't be away from him again. He proposed to me in June of 2003, and we planned the most beautiful, fairytale wedding a girl could ever dream of. I still can't believe I was the princess in the fairytale. We were married in a Jewish ceremony in September of this year, and it was truly the most beautiful, happiest day of my life. I was due to start AF the day before my wedding, but never came. I figured it was due to stress leading up to the big day, as I had a lot to deal with prior to the wedding. I had noticed around the day of the wedding and on the honeymoon that my boobs hurt super bad, and I was a little more tired than normal, but again figured the sleepiness was exhaustion from the wedding. 9 days after the wedding I finally took the HPT, and we were both in complete shock when the two lines showed up immediately. I certainly had not been preparing to be pregnant, in fact had quite enjoyed myself the week of the wedding and during the honeymoon. Ran out to get the best prenatals I could find, and have been in tip top shape since! My DH is the best thing that has ever come along in my life, and I am so glad that we made it through all the rockiness of our younger years together and have made it as far as we have. We have celebrated 8 years together, and we both look forward to many more.

mama to ds 9, dd 7, & ds 2
Old 12-14-2004, 03:36 AM

I'll write my book tomorrow, as it's a bit more complicated and long, lol.

Right now I'm feeling emotionally drained. DH lost his job 2 weeks ago and we're scraping the bottom of the barrel. We don't have a Christmas tree and can't afford gifts. I have some wonderful friends on another board who have done amazing things for me recently, some buying gifts, some sending money. I was unsure about whether or not I'd be able to fly my 12yo dd down from Oregon (where she stayed with her dad when I moved because she didn't want to leave that family and her friends behind) but those friends helped me tremendously and got me almost enough for her plane ticket. Because of a snaffu that is probably my own stupid fault the ticket is going to cost more than I expected but my dh has insisted that I buy it anyhow. Thank goodness because as much as I can't afford it right now, I really can't afford not to have her here with me over Christmas. These past 2 weeks have been really tough, but I've managed to get through pretty well emotionally, but today I'm just on edge, crying as I write this even. It's so hard being here, in this situation. I just keep reminding myself that it HAS been worse and it WILL get better and that I am truly blessed to have my family and my friends and there are so, so many people who don't have it nearly as good as I do.

Now that I'm finished with that depressing story, lol. I am just over 19 weeks now. The baby is moving pretty frequently. I feel him at least a few times a day, nice hard kicks. I had a MW appt today and she said "oh, you are doing great! Look at your belly!" while she was feeling my uterus. The baby's heartbeat sounds fantastic. We've decided to name him Max Grayson. I love this part of pregnancy. Now if I could just get him to move a bit more frequently so that the kids and dh would get to feel it.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:48 AM
nym

I ate too make cupcakes! Which is bad since I had to do a GTT the other day!
Old 12-14-2004, 02:03 PM

Ohhhh..this is fun. I just wanted to stop in and post links to pictures of my DS's birthday party. I don't know if they'll work here or not, but I'll give it a try.

http://img114.exs.cx/img114/1049/eli...hday0081ny.jpg

http://img132.exs.cx/img132/1484/eli...hday0106tf.jpg

http://img21.exs.cx/img21/3794/elija...hday0163lf.jpg

http://img73.exs.cx/img73/3970/elija...hday0206tx.jpg

http://img82.exs.cx/img82/2985/elija...hday0319qf.jpg

I will be participating..hopefully today. I'm a bit busy right this second.

Wendy - I'm very sorry to hear about how things are going for you right now. I really would love to help you too, but we live paycheck to paycheck the way it is, so the best I can do is offer you my prayers. I really hope you get your daughter home for the holidays. I guess its important to remember that Christmas is more importantly about family than it is about presents, and maybe this year is just a crash course in that for your kids - hopefully it will make them appreciate everything you CAN do for them, know what I mean?
Old 12-14-2004, 02:05 PM

Edited: Nevermind! Thanks for your help Anna! Hope you all enjoy the birthday pictures!

Anita
Old 12-14-2004, 02:27 PM

Wende, sorry about your stress. Remember that this too shall pass. That has been my mantra many times. Including now!

I was going to write about meeting my DH, I shall do that later. Right now, I am very frustrated with DH. I am not feeling supported in the decision to homebirth. I can not say "our" decision, as it was mine. Now he is giving me a hard time. UGH! Last night, all he could do is complain about the $$. That if we had the baby at the hospital (mind you,where he works) that it would be 20 bucks out of pocket, not $2400. He just does not get it. I fear having a hospital birth this time. I know I would end up with a C-Sec. He does not understand the difference, just the $$. Then I reminded him with this birth that he will need to be an active participant & he said, "yeah I will count 1-2-3 ect when you are pushing." OMG that threw me over the edge! With my first 2 children, I had total hospital births. DD was not so bad, as I felt respected. But all he did with those 30+ hours of induction was sleep. Then during pushing he did the counting thing. With DS, a completly different story. I had a horrible induction, where I felt out of control & completly violated and disrespected. Again there was DH, sleeping & pacing, that is about it during the whole horrible thing!Again over 30 hours of induction. Time to push, he counted. But I do not remember even that, as I blew that baby out & wanted it to be OVER! I have so much healing to do from that birth & I am working on that. But DH's lack of compasion & understanding is fueling me. I am pretty angry with him right now. I tried to explain to him what I want, what I need. He just does not get it. All he says is, I'll try. UGH! How about I will do it. I will be there. I will do what you need. One would think with all the CE units I have taken, the doula training, all the books & videos in the house he would get it! I did tell him I am getting him a book & he needs to read it. Last night in bed when I told him how angry I was, he said he would read it. I think I am going to have him read The Birth Partner any other ideas on books?
Thanks for letting me vent here. As I said, I have been trying to heal from my past births, to open myself up to this one, & I feel DH's comments have set me back.

I do have to say, other than this, I have a pretty amazing DH. Just does not handle the birth stuff very well. Thought about hiring a Doula, but the $$ thing does come into play. I have a friend that is a midwife assistant, & she will be there. But I am due when our LLL area conference is taking place. We are both on the comittee & we both can not be gone. What to do??? All my LLL friend will be there, which I plan to be too, but by then who knows.
Sorry for the vent.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 12-14-2004, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Wendy, I'm sorry things are rough right now. Sending you some good strong vibes to get through it! I hope seeing your daughter helps you out.

Cristina - ugh. That sucks about your DH. I'd just keep working on him, explaining that as your partner it is his JOB to be supportive, especially when you are giving birth to your (and his) child! I was going to recommend The Birth Partner... Maybe try Birthing From Within as well - there's a section on dads and it's a great labor prep imo. Did you have 2 previous c/s or have you had any? I don't remember from the other threads. : Your labor might go really slowly if you're planning a VBAC. Something to be prepared for - try avoiding vaginal checks if your water breaks, you don't know how long it will be. Uteruses with scar tissue tend to take a bit longer to do the work. They take it easy on themselves.

Felt the baby move for the first time the other day, but it still doesn't feel like that part of pg. yet since it was so faint. I'm sure that's what it was though. Think I felt it again this morning, but again, it's really faint. She'll get a little bigger in the next couple of weeks and start rolling like a mad-woman. I'm 16 weeks now. Growing my little pooch. Boobs feel larger and full, though since they still sag from the last babe, it's hard for me to say they look bigger. :LOL I told Jon last night that they'll be down to my belly button by the time I'm done breastfeeding this next one. He's super wonderful though and just said, "nah, they're beautiful." *gush* I know he really believes it too. Can't get his hands off me. Not that you all needed to know all that! :LOL

Old 12-14-2004, 05:32 PM

I met my DH online in an AOL chat room. We talked on the phone for a month before we met IRL. I was 3 months pregnant with Shelby when we met. By the time i was 6 months along she was HIS child. We met online on February 9th 2002 and married on September 6 2002. No big ceremony...we just went to the court house and said our "I do's". Everyone said we were rushing into things and it wouldn't last. One of the main people saying that has since met, married and divorced a man. She is eating her words.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:11 PM

I met Justin almost directly off of coming off my first "long term" relationship - a whopping 10 months! I just graduated High School, and he just transferred to the high school. I went to a party with some friends, and someone had invited him to come along. I remember looking at him and thinking "wow, he's cute!" but also knowing I had just come off a relationship, and wasn't all that interested in getting into an other one just yet. Also, that he *appeared* to be one of those people who was "better than me." so I didn't stand a chance anyway. Well apparently he was thinking the same about me.

Anyway, my friends kept going on and on about him, and how they really liked him, etc. I just kept saying "eh, you all can have him, I'm getting ready to go to college anyhow" but the more he hung out with my friends, the more we discovered we had in common. After a few weeks, he started making comments about how I was the most beautiful girl in the world, but he would say them in a way that would insinuate he was being silly or even a bit sarcastic..so I just blew him off. One night I was driving him home (because even though he was only a year younger than I, he had never gotten his drivers license until he was almost 18) and about a block from his house, he turned to me and said "you know, you really are the most beautiful girl I think I've ever met." Talk about flooring me!!! I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything. He got out of the car, and that was that. He thought that by my silence, he was just completely rejected. I'm just getting over the fact that someone said something so unbelieveably nice (and sincere) to me. My last boyfriend had no respect, and hurt me a great deal!!

So much to his surprise I showed up to Marching Band practice the next day. (yes, I'm a band geek, but I loved it!! ) And he was pretty surprised to see me there, but also couldn't stop smiling. At the end I asked him and a bunch of friends if they wanted to go see a movie the next day. Of course we all go, and Justin and I sit next to each other...I spent the entire movie just trying to get him to hold my hand or SOMETHING. But nope, he was about as stiff as a board!! But when I dropped everyone off at home (the car pool driver apparently! lol) I took him last, and we stopped to talk in front of his house. He leaned in to hug me and I planted a big fat kiss on his mouth. It was quite funny (but also very apparent he'd never kissed a girl either). Come to find out..I was his first (and last) girlfriend. He took me to his backyard - which was HUGE and beautiful, gardens and pathways to walk in. Kind of weird actually..but really cool at the time. We slow danced in the night to no music. And he told me he loved me right there that night. I told him it was WAY to soon to be saying something like that - but it only took me a few weeks to catch on.

We were set to be married June 10, 2000, after about 2 years of dating. We ended up waiting a year. College and things we were trying to figure out - and it was a good thing, we got married the next year, but we had matured quite a bit in that one year. So exactly 2 years and 11 months from the day we danced under the stars, we got married (July 21, 2001). I got pregnant with Elijah March of '03, after trying for 12 months. (you all got to see him in the above posts hopefully! ) AND after nursing and having supply issues due to working/pumping/nursing and it just not working out..I got AF, never bothered to get on BC - because I have this THING about pumping my body full of hormones - it just doesn't seem right to me. I got PG - and here I am expecting #2 May 5, 2005...17 months after Elijah was born. So I guess this one isn't a surprise, but wasn't planned either!

I did attend college for 3 years, getting a Political Science Degree. Dropped out to get a full time job so Justin and I could get married and have insurance and such. I refuse to go back because my life goal is to stay home, raise my kids (we hope to have 4 when all said and done...but not all 17 months apart! lol) Homeschool is in the plan. ...but first we have to get the finances on "the plan"....then all of that can take place. For now I'm just waiting!

And thats me!

Including a wedding picture of me and DH:
http://img95.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img95...edding12yc.jpg
Old 12-14-2004, 06:20 PM

i also met my husband online - but not through aol. i was dating a lot of guys and thought it sounded like fun to meet him. after having broken off 3 engagements, i was NOT looking for anything serious and just wanted to have a good time. we met in january and my roommate had eaten onions (i didnt know this at the time) and she had REALLY BAD gas from it. i didnt smell it until i was close to him and i remember thinking no wonder he is meeting people on line. :LOL after he left she told me it was her. about 6 months later, he told me that he thought it was me. he told him roommate that i was pretty cool but i was stinky. we have since cleared that up.

we were married in july of 2000 and had our first in aug 2001. baby #2 came in feb 2003 we wanted to have them close together and i had had a mc 3 months before conceiving. i am now due with #3 and have my third checkup on thurs.

wendy - we are struggling too and we have decided that we are just going to wrap the toys that i have taken from the kids b/c they wouldnt pick them up and a few that i bought at the beginning of the year and that would be their presents. they arent going to care and there will be something to open. i am glad that your daughter will be able to be with you for christmas.

linda
Old 12-14-2004, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

I just got the Due Date List updated - so check out your stats please to make sure all is well!!! Thanks! Big ups to Ladywulf for keeping it going all this time!!!

Old 12-14-2004, 08:32 PM

I've been gone so long I feel kinda weird just jumping back in like this, but I really want to get back to posting here...so I'm going to anyway

I also met my DH online in June of 97...I had broken up with my boyfriend from HS just a few months earlier and so I was enjoying my freedom (he had been a VERY controling person). Anyway, I had been IMing with some friends when DH imed me saying that he liked my profile and had never met a girl that played hockey. He had a sense of humor very similar to mine and we talked for 6 hours, finally deciding to meet for lunch the next day. But when I actually met him I thought "well he's nice, but he's not my type". But he was soooo persistant, he wanted me to go to a wedding with him in August, I wasn't even planning on seeing him again, but he showed up to my hockey game the next day with flowers and kept calling and calling. I was so reluctant to get involved with anyone again so soon and I was really quite mean to him when he would call, I'm not sure why he kept doing it. But I went to the wedding with him and then he asked me to go camping with him Labor Day weekend. So I went, and we spent the whole time talking about everything and found we had a lot of similar beliefs and ideals. So eventually we moved in together, got engaged in Dec of 99, married Labor Day weekend of 2000 and here we are on baby #2 and while we have our ups and downs on the whole we are quite content.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:47 AM

Subscribing.. I'll write the book later
Old 12-15-2004, 03:57 PM

I will write my story later.

Like some of you, I am having problems with DH this week. I feel so sad, like he doesn't see me as a woman anymore, just as a Mommy and the one who takes care of the house. We have been talking a lot more and trying to reconnect. Which of course is hard being pregnant and exhausted and a two year old and him working so much and blah blah... I know I have it pretty great. I just think DH doesn't get that marriage is a relationship that needs care and attention. We have a talk and it seems so good and then it is like he forgets what we talked about.

Cristina, I can relate somewhat as I am also upset with my DH. He was also not as supportive as I would have liked during my labor last time. He listens to me when I talk about VBAC and how important it is to me, and things I am doing and reading. But he has yet to read one thing himself. I don't expect him to read a lot of books, but he does need to read the partner stuff from Hypnobabies that I'm doing now. I was counting on having a doula, but am having a lot of trouble finding one. I am a little stressed because I feel like no matter what DH reads, he has a certain mindset of "trust the OB" and "do what the hospital tells us" and that may be impossible for him to overcome, if he even realized it and wanted to. I have The Birth Partner on order as well.

Anna, I loved your meet and marry story! That is about the shortest dating period I have heard of! I have had two different friends who each got married after only 6 months, and in our world that was a whirlwind courtship!

Wendy, Sorry things are so rough. I am saying a prayer for you and DH and family.

I thought I would be feeling baby a lot more by now, since it starting at 15 weeks. I am 19 weeks now. Feeling movements a few times a day, but they are still pretty small. Looking forward to those big kicks soon. I got a cheapo fetoscope and tried to hear the heartbeat today, but no luck. I guess 20 weeks is the earliest? And that is probably for the midwife, who actually knows what they are doing, LOL! I will try again in a couple of weeks.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:22 PM

Slightly Crunchy - I wonder if it is just that time of year where DH's go a little bit wacko. Know what I mean?? I hope you and yours will come around real soon.
For us, I vented yesterday to my co LLL leaders, and that really helped. I think what I was really worried about is being alone during labor, like I was when I had DD & DS. My co leader & friend will be my Doula with this birth. I was stressed because I am due so close to our annual conference & felt she would need to be there. (We have a major conf job that we share. One of us needs to really be there.) Anyway, she said no way. She would definitly leave conf to help me, along with my other co leader. That made me feel much better. I have decided to lay off DH for a while, so he can absorb what we talked about. I will get my birth partner book out & place it on his night stand, along with the Midwifes 3 ring binder she gave us. It is up to him & I need to surrender.
Wendy - How are things going? give us an update.
Anna - no I am not a VBAC but a VBAM, vaginal birth after myomectomy. What a myo is, I had a tumor removed from uterus 2 years ago. I have a uterine scar. While that is not protocol for C-Sec on paper, it really is. When I had my OB visit, he said we would talk about my delivery options, but he prefers a C-Sec. Interesting thing is, my scar does not enter the uterine cavity. My tumor was only in the first 2 layers of the uterus. Statisticly, I have a lower risk of rupture than a VBAC, and that is really low too. My midwife is not worried at all.
I will do my DH meet story soon. My cold has relapsed, and I need to go lie down. Take Care Ladies, have a wonderful wenesday!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 12-15-2004, 05:58 PM

I just wanted to post and let you all know I had my ultrasound today. I'm having a baby GIRL! Azalyah Selah! Woohoo! She's very wiggly and healthy!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:23 PM

Hi all! I'm joining you now. I've been in the April due date club all this time, then the u/s said I was actually due May 15, not April 18. Of course I really shouldn't have been given a due date at all. As the u/s tech so nicely complained about. Long story short. In July I has a micarriage at almost 9 weeks. Didn't have a period and were trying not to get pregnant. DIdn't work. No clue as to when I ovulated, so they just went by my last bleeding, which was from the miscarriage. It was actually quite a shock to learn I was an entire 4 weeks BEHIND what we thought. After the shock I spent a day crying. Everyone thinks I'm nuts for crying over it, but I was kinda depresssed. SO anyways, here I am.

How I met my dh. We met at church, his family had just moved into our city. THat was in March. We had our first date April 28, 2000, were engaged June 18, and got Married October 20. Savanna joined our family August 16, 2001. And Sam followed almost exactly 20 months later.

Anyways, I feel weird barging in in the middle the pregnancies.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Serenity! No barging at all. I can understand why you'd be depressed. I'm sorry you didn't have anyone take you seriously about it though.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:55 AM

I wanted to post my "how we met story" but first, I went to the mw yesterday and she used the fetascope and couldn't her anything, then she tired somthing else, it was a horn something? it was made of wood, well she could hear the baby had hiccups! She also heard the heart beat and it was 154, the first time it was 160 when she used the dopler, I am not useing the dopler anymore, but I was glad she heard it! Both my ds and dh are sick and it has been hard trying to take care of them and myself, and trying to get all the holiday stuff organized. anyway,

Mark and I met on december 29 2001, we were at a New Years Eve retreat in the mountains. I had just started dating again after being a single mom to my ds for just over a year, he was three. When we met we had an instant connection, he has the same birthday as my sister, and it turns out my sister and his parents live two block apart, 3000 miles from us.

I could not deny that I was meant to be with Mark. We spent hours talking on december 30 and on new years eve I couldn't stop thinking of him. When we came back to the city we had our first date the following weekend, well after that we were together, we got married six months later, one legal ceremony and one "faery tale wedding" in the forest a month later. He is an amazing man, he is my knight, and a great dad.
We are very excited to make our family bigger, I am blessed.

There's nothing you can know that isn't known. ~ John Lennon
Old 12-16-2004, 01:21 PM

It was September 1, 1990 and my roommate insisted that I go with her and her boyfriend to a party at this really huge house. I did not want to go & be a 3rd wheel, so I said I would go if my sister could come. They said yes. My sister was due to be married 2 weeks later, and her fiance had duty that weekend so she said she would go. My Mom said she would watch my sisters baby. Off we went, decked to the nines! I wore a flourescent pink shirt, what was I thinking! Anyway, we get to this huge house, and it is a huge party. I remember my sister and I stashing our drinks away, so no one would find them & walking around. I walked into the TV room, and there was this blonde guy there. He goes, I remember you, you are Cristina. Hmmm he looks familar but I can not place it. (he has flourescent pink & blue shirt on!) By this time, my sister is on her way to being very intoxicated. He goes I am Matt, oh Matt I remember you. Sort of but not really. He even remembered my last name! I could not for the life of me remember his name, let alone his last name. Then I recalled he was the guy that disappeared from jr high school. Apparently he had a major knee injury and was gone from school for over a year. We ended up talking the entire night. My sister was pretty intoxicated & got really sick on the front porch. He offered to take us home, since we came with my roomate & she was nowhere to be found. He drives us to my parents house, where my sister still lives & my mom was up with my sisters 9 month old son. By this time, my sister is in someone else clothes, because hers are all soiled, and my mom starts freaking out. I take the baby, send Matt to the famliy room to watch tv. It is 2am mind you. Get my sister to nurse her son, (I know very bad now but what do you know when you are 20 & 17 I am 20 she is 17), put her to bed & then get my nephew down. The whole time Matt is in the family room, watching tv & stressing that my Dad will wake up & give him the 3rd degree. Anyway everyone is in bed & it is back to the party for us. Then to my apartment & we just talk & talk and talk, all night. He goes home & literaly just a couple hours later he calls to ask me out. I have a family gathering to go to & ask if he wants to go. He says let me call you back. He asks his roommate if that is an ok thing to do! Ha we were so young! Anyway he comes, gets hit in the face with ball! Oh on the way, he asks if he can hold my hand in front of my family. So sweet! Afterward we go to the park & swing and talk. I told him I was not going to waste my time dating & that if he wants to see me, it needs to be serious. He agress. 2 weeks later it is my sisters wedding. He is my escort & the next morning my Mom calls my apartment & my roommate tells her I did not come home! YIKES! Anyway, we were engages 3 months later & married the following November. That is it. I knew he was my soulmate from the time we met. He is my best friend & lover. He is wonderful, even when we fight. I am very lucky. That is our story.

Old 12-17-2004, 02:16 AM
C99

Trying again...

hi! I'm new. Well, not really to MDC, but I have not posted in a very long time. I used to hang out on the CDing boards. I'm pregnant with my second and due on my husband's 32nd birthday. I hope I can join you.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:08 PM

I meant to post this earlier this week but time got away from me...

Two things before the "how we met" book -- first, I just have to vent about maternity clothes. I have slightly longer than average arms but my knuckles definitely don't drag on the ground. When I'm not pregnant, the sleeves on most of my shirts are fine with the exception of turtlenecks. BUT, it seems that almost all of my maternity tops have sleeves that are too short! It's driving me crazy. That combined with the fact that I have a reasonably long torso (not really long waisted but far from short waisted) so I never "show" early. So, right now I feel like I'm masquerading as a pregnant lady or just trying to hide my fat. I HATE getting dressed for work. I don't expect a solution here but thanks for listening.

Second, I can't be the only one who's not finding out the gender before the delivery am I? There seem to be a lot of boys around here and now MomAnita is having a girl. Well, dh and I both want the surprise at the end so we'll have the ultrasound tech keep a lid on things when we have the u/s on Jan 5.

Ok, now the for the book. Dh and I actually went to high school together (he was one grade ahead of me) but we didn't ever speak to each other or have the same friends. Although, one of my best friends did date him briefly (like 3 weeks). Fast forward to college and we were both pretty involved in racing sailboats in the summer. He had been doing it since he was a kid and I got into it through a college boyfriend. One of the boats dh crewed on was going to a regatta in western Iowa (we are in WI and sail small-ish boats on inland lakes - not keel boats like you see on the ocean or Great Lakes) and needed fill-in crew. So, myself and a guy who I sailed with on another boat agreed to come along. I actually arrived at the regatta a day late because I had won a trip to a concert in Wash DC from a radio station and had agreed to go along with the guy I was dating at the time. I knew that guy was just someone to pass the time with and not serious.

Anyhoo, the boat we were racing on takes 6 people to sail in regular conditions and 7 when it's windy - we were a light six. Well, in western Iowa it always blow stink (our slang for really windy - 20 mph or more) but we were a light crew so we would find any extra spectator who could come along for each race to help keep us upright. The boat was 38' long and would tip over if not balanced properly. Soooo.... dh and I were sitting next to each other on the rail (edge of the boat - torso out over the water, feet strapped in) and he says to me "why don't you give me a kiss for luck". I say "what?! It's blowin' stinko sh%$ and you want a kiss!" So, no kiss then but he got me thinking that maybe later I would want to kiss him. So, after dinner that night we went to a bar to shoot pool and the rest is history. I knew he was the one but it took me a while to convince him because he was pretty closed up as an after-effect of his parents divorce. But, he soon saw the light and knew we were in it for the long haul. We moved in together after dating 2 years and didn't get married until we'd been together 6 1/2 years but it was a done deal from the beginning.

We met at 22 and 23, got married at 29 and 30 and are now 36 (almost) and 37. We're just like an old married couple. He's my best friend and I wouldn't change a thing. I feel for all the mamas who aren't getting along with their dh's right now. to you.

I hope everyone has a grand weekend. I need to finish up my holiday preparations.

~Hope
Old 12-17-2004, 02:55 PM

Schatz - you are not the only one, we are not finding out the sex either. With DD we found out but this seems so much more exciting.

I do want to share my story but I don't have time right now, I will try later today.

User Tag List