who has felt the baby move? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 12-16-2004, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am due the 25ish, and I am sure I haven't felt the baby move. This is my fourth so you would figure I could feel it earlier.
for those due the second half of the month have you felt the baby move? am I the only one?
#2 of 21 Old 12-16-2004, 04:16 PM

I am so glad you posted this. I was beginning to worry. I have felt funny things, but not really sure it is baby, if you know what I mean. You & I have the same due date. In the last 2 days, I have not had any of those flutters, and keep telling myself it is just to early. I know baby is growing, my body is really changing. But I remember those really hard kicks & moves from the last two time, I wonder if I am really feeling the baby this time. Anyway, your post reasured me it is just to early to really tell. Thanks.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#3 of 21 Old 12-16-2004, 05:12 PM

I am not due the 2nd half of month but the very beginning and I only started very infrequently feeling slight flutters at 17wks. Now at 20wks. I am feeling a little more movement...I am on pg #2 but I have a little more "cushion" for the baby to kick through for me to feel it!
#4 of 21 Old 12-16-2004, 07:06 PM

I am officially due June 1st, but my ultrasound showed due dates of 5/25 and 5/27... So I lurk here a lot

I felt one definite rolly-thump a week or so ago, and possibly felt some movement yesterday morning, but that's it. This will be my first child but I had a previous pregnancy that ended at 10wks.

I was super-impatient to start feeling movement and was content after feeling it the first time, but now I want more, dangit.
#5 of 21 Old 12-17-2004, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

thanks everyone for the reassurance, I think I am just so busy that I haven't noticed, I heard the heartbeat so I know there is something in there, and next week I go back to the mw so hopefully I will notice some more movement before then.
crystal
#6 of 21 Old 12-17-2004, 01:41 PM

I am due May 27 with my first and haven't felt anything yet. I had a mw appointment on Tuesday and we listened to the heartbeat, so I know somebody is in there and doing well. But that is the only reassuarance I have right now. I am hoping I'll feel the baby move by the New Year's (we do nto celebrate Christmas) as a present from him/her to us.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#7 of 21 Old 12-17-2004, 11:14 PM

I FINALLY started feeling kicks and movement last night. With both my others it was at 14 and 16 weeks when i felt them. This time i am 19 weeks. I had been feeling a very occasional flutter (like one a week) for a while now but last night and all day today i have felt them almost constantly.
#8 of 21 Old 12-18-2004, 01:33 AM

I'm due May 26th and haven't felt a thing yet. The other day I thought I was feeling something but then realized it was too high up to be baby. I think with dd I didn't feel anything until around 20 weeks or so, so I haven't been expecting it. I'm not worried
#9 of 21 Old 12-18-2004, 04:30 PM

This is my third pregnancy. I am due May 13th. I just started feeling her move (around 16 or 17 weeks). At first it was just flutters~ the "I think it was the baby but I'm not sure" kind, but now I feel her move all the time~ except of course, when anyone else tries to feel her kick! :LOL That's how it was with Colby, too. I think that I am so busy with this pregnancy that it took me longer to notice than with my first 2 when I had more down time.

AmiBeth

#10 of 21 Old 12-18-2004, 05:16 PM
nym

This baby is really really active. It never stops kicking and moving around. I can see it on the outside, and I am not a thin person. Weird!
#11 of 21 Old 12-19-2004, 12:48 PM

At 21w, I'm feeling lots of movement and dh felt it for the first time last night. This is my 3rd baby and I'm on the thin side, and have been feeling movement for 3 wks or so. Last night I pushed on my abdomen and felt him inside- I remember that feeling with my girls- you're actually touching that little, solid body of another person you've not yet met. It's so awesome!

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#12 of 21 Old 12-19-2004, 07:02 PM

Just felt the baby move for the first time! I'm 17 weeks. I didn't feel my dd move until around 20 weeks, so this was a bit of a surprise, but it was definitely the flutter of the bean!
#13 of 21 Old 12-19-2004, 07:03 PM

Gingerlane - how exciting!

Just wanted to add I started to feel this baby really move tonight. I am so excited!!! At my Moms after a great tamale dinner. I think my family, (Aunt, Uncle, Grandma think I am nuts!)
Take Care!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#14 of 21 Old 12-20-2004, 03:51 PM

I'm due on the 28th and I first felt the baby move about 2 weeks ago. Now I feel it every once and a while, but it's just little tiny movements. This is my first and I'm so excited to really FEEL it.

Jenn

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#15 of 21 Old 12-21-2004, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

I am just updating I can definately feel the baby move now, even felt it once with my hand.
thanks for all your responses
#16 of 21 Old 12-21-2004, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree
I am just updating I can definately feel the baby move now, even felt it once with my hand.
thanks for all your responses
congrats! I am due just 2 days after you, but haven't felt anything yet. ;( I'm being patient.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#17 of 21 Old 12-21-2004, 08:30 PM

I am due may 12th. I have been feeling movement for about a week now. To me it feels like being poked from the inside, not like flutters. My husband has felt it poke once. Last night he had his hand on my abdomen because I wanted him to feel it poke again, but it wasn't cooperating. Instead he said he could feel the baby's heartbeat! I didn't know that could be possible. He said he felt both mine and the baby's heartbeats with his hand. He also said the baby gave him the feeling that it was a girl again (he first said that the baby was a girl when we first found out we were going to have a baby). I don't know if my husband has special powers or if he is just in-tune with the baby or what, but it is pretty interesting!
#18 of 21 Old 12-22-2004, 06:36 PM

Wow, the last two days this babes been running a marathon in my womb!! It's so fun! I think it's all the treats at everyone's desks at work, it's making both of us hyper :-)

Jenn

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#19 of 21 Old 12-30-2004, 12:28 PM

yes! yes! yes!
I am now positive I am feeling it too!
I started feeling something on the weeknd (just after I turned 18 weeks), but wasn't sure if this is "the thing". is it gas? does it just seem to me? but now I have put all my doubts aside! Sometimes it does feel like gas, but ummm ... I'm not passing nay gas *lol*, so it must be the baby! sometimes it also feels like little bubbles of something are bursting inside of me. The feeling is very soft and gentle. I am soo excited! This is a wonderful New Year present to us from our little one.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#20 of 21 Old 12-31-2004, 04:02 AM

Feeling it every day now, but it's still so faint and small. Waiting for the big stuff. That's my favorite. Still not quite feeling like it's a real baby yet.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#21 of 21 Old 12-31-2004, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree
I am due the 25ish, and I am sure I haven't felt the baby move. This is my fourth so you would figure I could feel it earlier.
for those due the second half of the month have you felt the baby move? am I the only one?
I didn't feel definite movement until a couple of weeks ago. This is my 4th as well. As I suspected I have an anterior placenta so "Peanut" had to grow and gain the strength for me to feel a kick through the cushioning of the placenta. DH hasn't felt a kick or any movement. Poor man thinks the baby doesn't "like" him... lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page