Weekly Thread 1/5-1-9 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 01-07-2005, 02:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we're not gonna be cloth diapering either. I don't feel very strongly inclined to do so and dh is totally against it. I will also be returning to work after I have the baby and I don't think the baby's caregiver will be thrilled with CD either.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#32 of 41 Old 01-07-2005, 11:39 AM

Schatz--you don't have to worry AT ALL about baby being breech this early. They flip around so many times. I believe it's not until around 34 weeks that you would want to start doing positions to try to turn baby if it is breech.

My son was breech at the 20 week u/s last time. I didn't even know it until I requested my records from last pregnancy to go to a new provider. He was head down for birth, and all the last weeks leading up to it. I think it is pretty common to be breech this early on.

Congrats on having a girl, Cristina! So exciting!

On the circ issue, I didn't really want ds circed, but DH did, so I caved. A few months later, I was so sad about it and regretted it so much. So this time, DH said, "I guess it's safe to assume we won't be circing this time if it's a boy, right?" Uh, yep. I am glad he's become more flexible on the matter.
#33 of 41 Old 01-07-2005, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightly crunchy
Schatz--you don't have to worry AT ALL about baby being breech this early. They flip around so many times. I believe it's not until around 34 weeks that you would want to start doing positions to try to turn baby if it is breech.

On the circ issue, I didn't really want ds circed, but DH did, so I caved. A few months later, I was so sad about it and regretted it so much. So this time, DH said, "I guess it's safe to assume we won't be circing this time if it's a boy, right?" Uh, yep. I am glad he's become more flexible on the matter.
Thanks! I'm trying to remain calm and rational about breech at this point. I know the bean is just little more than a bean at this point and can do a complete tumbling routine in there. I really wish they wouldn't have even told me the baby's position, kwim?

RE: circ. DH and I didn't really talk about it with dd. We didn't know her gender until delivery but I was secrety relieved that we didn't have to think about circ or not. I have a good friend who didn't circ either of her two boys and if it weren't for her (and now mdc), I probably wouldn't even question it. But, sometime after dd was born, dh was listening to the radio late at night and there was a story about circing on. I don't really remember what they were saying but it sort of wigged dh out to even think about it. I gently said the next day that if we ever have a boy, we shouldn't circ him. I know at some point in the next few months I will have to broach the subject again.

Cristina - congrats on the baby girl. I was so glad when dd was a girl as I was secretly afraid I might end up with all boys and I really wanted a little girl.
#34 of 41 Old 01-07-2005, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies for your congrats on my new daughter! The circ thing was a really big thing in this house! Again relieved that we do not have to worry about it. When I told DH it was a girl, I told him by saying, "We do not have to disucss cutting off any wankies anymore!" I was blunt & brutal infront of his coworkers! One man went OUCH! and left.
Anyway last week, I told him I would give my my homebirth not to circ, that is how much it mattered to me. I had/have regrets about circing my DS. I wish I had never done it. I was forced into it and reminded DH about that when he used the, well he did his brother argument.
Anyway, thanks again ladies & I totally sympathize with those other Mamas that still have to have this debate. 's to you!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#35 of 41 Old 01-07-2005, 02:16 PM

I have always wanted a girl and I sure hope this baby is one.

Theoretically, I am against circumcision. Practically, we are Jewish. This is just gonna tear me apart - my own inner fight between being against circ and the cultural tradition to which dh and I belong and which we honor. There's no right or wrong answer when in this kind of situation, and nobody can tell us what to do, but I am so torn just thinking about it. I have not been wanting to find the baby's sex out, but may be I should, so I will know if I have to break my head and heart over this issue.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#36 of 41 Old 01-07-2005, 03:22 PM

19 weeks?

hello mommies,
This house has all been super excited to find out this baby is a girl not another boy as was previously thought. So we are preparing to reorganize our house so I can paint a room pink.
I have been working a lot lately, so I have been pretty wiped out. As well, the flu has run through our house, it is nice now that everyone is better.
We are going to cd again, I did it when lucas was a newborn but I was always frustrated with how big and wet the diapers always were. Then I picked it up when Lucas was 4 months and it went a lot better (probably because the one size diapers actually fit him then) so this time I am buying preemie prefolds (1doz) infant prefolds (1doz)
I have 6 khw small
6 kissaluvs 0
2 fmbg smalls
and am working on buying a dozen crystals cloth newborns

and the bunch of all in ones that I am making in size small

now that we found out the sex I had my custom wonderfull woolies soaker shorts made in pink and purple with ruffles

I think I have plenty and now that I have it written out I realize I should probably stop buying because I also have all of the mother ease one size that I have for Lucas.

The midwife said the ultrasound showed I had a lower than normal fluid volume, I am not sure what causes this or if there is anything I can do to fix it, anyone else had this problem?

I hope all is well with your husband debstmommy
crystal
#37 of 41 Old 01-07-2005, 04:11 PM

Serene- An issue of Mothering 6 + months ago gave natural remedied for GBS +. I will try to find it next time I go upstairs and let you know.

For anyone trying to convince DH not to circ have you tried reading him key articles form Dr. Paul Fleiss? That is what I did with DH and he quickly changed his mind on the entire thing. Later when I showed him an add for an anti-wrinkle cream that was made with "human foreskin" he felt as ill as I did. Also I know you can view circs being done on the internet (not that I could ever stomach it). For me this was too important an issue to not have DHs agreement on.
#38 of 41 Old 01-07-2005, 04:57 PM

I had a baby dream this morning! It was sort of tacked onto the end of another, semi-violent dream, which is weird, and I didn't actually give birth, but witnessed the baby being born, not from my body, but from some part of "me" that was separate, but it wasn't my abdomen or anything, just my perspective was weird. Anyway, the baby came out, feet first. Her color was great, like just regular skin, not red or purple or blue the way babies are, but she was wet. Oh! And she was a girl! She was pretty thick too, sort of chubby, but sort of short looking and her head was big, though it all looked normal and like a baby. She was perfect! My mom was standing beside me after I'd caught her coming out (hence my weird perspective, I guess) and immediately stuck a finger in her mouth to check for a palate, which annoyed me. Then my sister gave her a pacifier which also bothered me and I had to take it out and keep pushing hands away so I could look at my baby and nurse. I had to take off all my clothes really quick, which was a struggle, but I was only wearing shirts, but I was wearing like four t-shirts and they weren't super stretchy and I was having problems. But I got 'em off and I brought her to my breast and in my mind was going through all the things I needed to do - have her on her side, bring her head to my breast, not me to her, feel supported in my arms, make sure her mouth opens wide, etc. She got a decent latch, but all the hands were annoying her and the pacifier confused her, so we were going to need to work on it a bit. But then she latched on for a minute and I looked at her and started thinking about her name. For some reason I decided to add a second middle name to the name we have picked out and it was Catherine, which is my mom's name. So the baby would be Eleanor Catherine Esme, which is rather pretty, actually. This was all outdoors by the airport near my mom's house, btw. lol So, that's my dream and it made me feel really good. Still working on my ideas about birthing though... I think this helped a bit though it didn't offer any clarity, just vision.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#39 of 41 Old 01-08-2005, 01:38 AM

Haven't been on much, but starting to believe it's going to work out. I'm 20 weeks Monday and we had an amnio and ultrasound that were fine. It's a GIRL! We have 1 dd and we're excited about the new one. Doc doing amnio technically brilliant w/ no people skills. : When he did amnio he said one of my uterine arteries was abnormal and put me on aspirin therapy as that could indicate a risk for pre-e. Not too fussed though. With first DD he said I had blood flow problem and she had fluid around her heart. Followup u/s showed everything okay. DD did come early but because my anmiotic fluid started disappearing. They still don't know why. We think doc just likes to find something wrong. Am taking baby aspirin as directed and not worrying too much.

schatz - they really do move around. We went in for u/s at 17 weeks and when he brought up the baby, she was sitting in profile waving at us. He said he couldn't see anything that way and we came back a week later and she had totally shifted position.

annakiss - thank you for taking care of the due date board.

that's all for me
take care
#40 of 41 Old 01-08-2005, 07:16 PM

Well, I am feeling sad today. I probably should be writing in a journal instead of posting. I don't know what is wrong with me. It's mostly about dh's family.
I think they (including dh) forget I have a family too. Sometimes I want to run away. I am so excited about peanut but it seems that they focus that he will be their grandchild and dh's child. It's like I am carrying this baby for them and I am not included. I knew it would be like this. I guess I just thought I could handle it better.

Later: Well, I started this post hours ago and couldn't finish. Dh and I went to his parents house and they went baby shopping again. She said she found 2 portable cribs one for her and one for her mother. I already told mil that I felt like (dh agreed) a baby would be too much for the gil (grandmother) to handle, but she said he wouldn't be and called her already to confirm that she would be watching him .... nevermind how we feel. Err. I am going to stop. I am so sorry to keep on about this. I just don't know where else to vent my frustrations!!! I feel so invisible right now. What can I do without being a you know what?

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I did get a new vacuum. The very 1st brand new one we have ever owned I can't wait to try it out.
#41 of 41 Old 01-08-2005, 08:33 PM

Tish, this is exactly where you should talk about this if you don't have anywhere else to vent. It is totally understandable that you would be pissed as hell about the way your mil is acting about this new baby. In fact, I would not be as calm and nice about it as you are being and I'm sure everyone else here would agree. If this is going to continue like this, you need to get DH on board to let the ILs know that this is NOT how it's going to be once this babe is born. Are you going to continue working? Will you actually be using MIL for childcare? You may want to look at alternate plans if she's going to continue acting like this kid is going to belong to her. How else is she going to parent? Will she do what you think is the appropriate thing for your child, or will she follow her own rules? These are serious questions and you need to be clear ahead of time about it if that is how the setup is going to be.

Are you taking any prenatal classes? Yoga, water aerobics, childbirth classes? You may want to find a place where you can connect with other pregnant women IRL. It might be a huge benefit. Where are you planning to have your baby? Do you get to talk to your health care provider about the emotional journey you're on? Do you have close friends who have any way of relating to it? Finding a way to connect to mothers in your community now is really important, because if you're like a lot of women, you will crave that connection after the baby is born. s

On this side of things - don't go to Target to buy baby clothes if you don't know what sex you're having. They don't have anything. I found one pair of coveralls, one shirt/pants outfit and one package of onesies to actually buy. There was a package of 3 sleepers that were yellow, white and this sort of gross lime green color, but one of them had a print with bottles and pacifiers on it and that will not grace my child's skin. I think I'm going to do all further shopping online. Target is too demoralizing anyway to watch all the first-time mothers registering for baby monitors and pacifiers and bottles and crib sheets. It's too hard to not judge, even though I used some of those things because I needed them, this time out, knowing what I know now, I'm going to try my damndest not to. And with that thought, I was not being a moderator, but a full-fledged, very flawed regular-old member. You can ignore me now.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page