Let's start something here.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 01-08-2005, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to know when everyone here THINKS their baby is due. I know we all have due dates but so few babies are born on that day anyway. I'll keep this post going (somehow) and we'll keep track of who has theirs when. Whoever gets it right is a damn good guesser!!!

I think ours will be born at 3:18 in the morning (due to a dream) on May 22nd.

Who's next?

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 34 Old 01-08-2005, 09:58 AM

well i think that 5/5/05 would be a great birthday, but that is 2 wks before my edd so that's not going to happen.

i'll go with 5/31/05 (11 days past my edd, just like gabriel) in the evening... 9pm or so.
#3 of 34 Old 01-08-2005, 03:04 PM

I honestly have no earthly idea.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#4 of 34 Old 01-08-2005, 03:25 PM

I think it would be neat if my baby was born on Beltaine (may 1st) but that is a Sunday, so I wouldn't get to have my midwife deliver since she only works on weekdays.
#5 of 34 Old 01-08-2005, 07:36 PM

Hmm. My first was 3 days early and my second was 8 days (I knew the exact date of ovulation for each of them and so their estimated due date was really accurate) If I had to guess, I'd say this one will be born on April 20th (10 days before he's due). I did have some preterm labor w/dd#2 and was told that I'll probably have it again, to some degree, so who knows?

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#6 of 34 Old 01-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Well, I'll join in a bit better than my last response, though I still maintain having no real earthly idea.

Hmm... My first was 8 days past due, according to adjusted dates after the fact (meaning that I realized when he was almost two that I don't ovulate early enough for our first EDD to have been correct, so really he was only about a week late as opposed to 15 days). So, this one could be anytime really. I guess I'm expecting this babe to be early, for some reason, but sort of hoping that I can go as late as last time (of course, I say this NOW when I'm not sick of being pregnant yet) and that I don't go into labor until like June 6th. Yeah, June 6th sounds okay to me. (My EDD is May 30) I also think this one will be at night, whereas my last was during the day.

I also think I will be wrong about all of this.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#7 of 34 Old 01-10-2005, 11:02 AM

Ok, I'll play. Dd was 6 wks early exactly. Due Feb 12, born Jan 1. This new one is due May 13 -- approx 6 wks early would be Apr 1 - yikes! I sure as heck hope that doesn't happen. My fear is that labor will start with my water breaking first (like last time) but 3 or 4 weeks early instead of 6. I'd really love to go past due but I just don't know if that's in the cards. So, how about April 15 - tax day. That would be 4 wks early. But, I'm secretly hoping for May 20. : They say there's only a 30% chance that my labor will start with my water breaking this time. But, for my SIL and best friend, their waters broke first with both of their pregnancies so we'll see.
#8 of 34 Old 01-10-2005, 01:52 PM

I also think 5/5/05 would be great but that is 3 days past my edd and I doubt that will happen (5 is my favorite number and always has been since I was a little one). Predictions are he'll come near the end of April so I'll guess April 28th. I really hope he stays in there til May at least. May is also my favorite month... it's so nice out and everything is turning green and all the flowers are blooming
#9 of 34 Old 01-10-2005, 02:23 PM

Due date is 5/6 but I'll make a guess that she'll come about a week early, so 4/30.
#10 of 34 Old 01-10-2005, 02:48 PM

My EDD is May 27th, but I think the baby will be here around June 5th.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#11 of 34 Old 01-10-2005, 05:03 PM

Since I'm one of the VERY few people who actually gave birth on their due date.....I'm sticking with 5/5/05 (my due date, and apparently the desired due date of a few! lol) and I say I'll go early morning again. So around 6 or 7 am.

BUT - I'd love to give birth 4/29 - my birthday. What a wonderful present that would be!
#12 of 34 Old 01-10-2005, 07:04 PM

I'm due May 8th which is Mother's Day and would be a nice present but Logan was 5 days late (funny, she was due on 8th as well). So I am guessing that this one is going to be a late arrival as well. DH is hoping for that but he's hoping more like 2 weeks late so that he can use his remaining 2 weeks of vac. time and then June 1st he'll replenish with another 5 weeks. I don't think the idea of going 2 weeks late sounds all that good or hopeful, but I think even 5 days later will help.

As far as time of birth, I have NO guess, Logan was 11:29 PM after pushing 6 1/2 hours...this once better not take as long to come out!!!!! but I'm gonna guess middle of the night.
#13 of 34 Old 01-10-2005, 09:32 PM

My EDD is 5/28, this is my first baby, so I have really no idea. But my guess is that it will be a birthday present for me. So my guess is June 8th at 10:30am! That's when I was born

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#14 of 34 Old 01-15-2005, 05:06 AM

My son was born on his due date but for some reason I think I'll go overdue with this one. My due date is the 13th but I think she'll be born on the 15th (which also happens to be my grandfathers b'day) and I think she'll be born in the evening.
#15 of 34 Old 01-16-2005, 12:21 AM

I have had THREE EDDs (guess that's why the E in EDD, huh?) this pregnancy.

5/27 - based on LMP
5/29 - based on when I thought I ovulated (and I still really think I did, even though it took a really, really long time to get the + HPT after that)
6/7 - based on an u/s at 12 weeks (they decided I was *actually* 10 weeks 3 days) - it makes more sense with when I got a + HPT, but no sense regarding when I actually had sex. Last I checked, you had to have sex to have a baby.

Anyway...Griff arrived one day early - I knew when he was conceived, so that dating seems pretty accurate. I think this baby will arrive around the same time, maybe a few days earlier - let's say 39+ weeks. I still think that 5/29 due date is the most accurate. So somewhere in those last few days of May??

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#16 of 34 Old 01-16-2005, 01:10 AM

Well. I have gone 2 wks early with both my other two...BUT i was induced with my daughter and had my membranes stripped with my second. Even without interventions though i am SURE i will go at least a week early. I am also pretty sure it will be in the evening....i think i will labor during the afternoon and early evening and the baby will be born sometime past 8PM.
#17 of 34 Old 01-16-2005, 03:42 AM

Im due may 2nd.. but am pretty sure Ill go 3-4 weeks early
DS was at 36.6 weeks
DD was at 36.3 weeks & Id had preterm labor for a month & been on meds

my goal is just to get to 36 weeks again.. which would be April 4th
I think Ill go April 6th
#18 of 34 Old 01-16-2005, 02:45 PM

EDD of 5/22 and I had been thinking probably 6/1 since dd was so late (I was induced so I'll never know how late she would have been), but then I looked at a calendar and there is a full moon 5/23, so maybe that will be it?
#19 of 34 Old 01-16-2005, 07:10 PM

My dd was 4 weeks early and my son was 3 days late so who knows with this one! I have a really good feeling that it will come on May 5 because of a dream I had. This way all of my kids will have the number 5 in their birthdays!
#20 of 34 Old 01-26-2005, 02:25 AM

i *was* supposed to be due on may 10- after ultrasound that was changed to may 24! i am convinced that she will show up on may 29- my dh's bday, and our wedding anniversary. people say that i won't like that, but i think it's kinda cool
#21 of 34 Old 01-30-2005, 02:51 AM

My dh says 4/24-his mom's bday. I think 4/29 because of some discussions on moon phases of conception. But I also think 5/5/5 would be cool. And since i have a tendency to be late, my dh's birthday 5/15 wouldn't be horrible either-except for the fight with my caregiver to let me go 13 days past my due date. As for time, I would guess morning, since all three of mine have started in the middle of the night and been born at or before noon
#22 of 34 Old 01-31-2005, 12:53 AM

i'm going to say may 8th. i feel like this baby is already down, and ready to come out. :/ with kayleigh, i thought i'd go overdue b/c she just seemed so cozy in there. this one feels like s/he's already trying to break out. kayleigh was born 2 days before her "due date" ... so i'll guess a few days earlier this time. i'm also guessing it will be a girl.

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#23 of 34 Old 02-01-2005, 01:36 AM

cool thread!

Ok DS #1 was 10 days late according to the EDD of July 5th, but one day early by my calculations of July 16th.
DS #2 was a day late by my estimations but a week early by EDD.

So my figuring in my head (also based on when we had sex not the u/s or LMP) is on or around May 20 +/- a day. I just have the sneaky suspision that I am going to have a cusp born Taurus/Gemini to deal with. But then again it could just be wishful thinking because I really don't want a gemini as a child. I don't get a long with gemini's. Weird I know, but hey my DH is a Taurus and he's just fab!

Nichol
#24 of 34 Old 02-20-2005, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Alright ladies I have everyone of you up to MamaFae (so the post before this one) in Excel with your names, EDD's, and when you think you're due (some of you made it tough by the way with more than one guess! ). Anyone else want added?

Give more**Expect Less
#25 of 34 Old 02-21-2005, 03:35 AM

We are thinking this baby will be here around April 29th- May 2nd. DD was born at 38 weeks exactly and DS was born at 37 wks 4 days. (I know the exact dates they were conceived so i know the exact day they were born) I will be 38 weeks on April 28th. I am kinda cheating on this though. My midwife has agreed to strip my membranes at 38 weeks as long as i am favorable. We are over 4 hours away from the midwife and birth center and with DH being on the road all the time unless we can at least try to get the show on the road with some tiny ammount of predictability then chances are i will end up delivering at home without anyone here except me and DD and DS.

With DS my OB stripping my membranes the day before i went into labor. It was a sort of medical thing. I was in so much pain i was unable to even walk and i was already having mild contractions. Granted there was no life threatening situation involved other than my own comfort. I believe though it had gone beyond comfort level. I was literally unable to care for DD at all. Her room was set up for her to be safe in there with gates at both her doors, i had a small refrigerator in my bedroom and would just fix her food or drink in bed and had it over the gate to her. diaper changeing was incerdibly difficult for me because i had to actually stand up and walk into her room. She learned to climb up onto a twin bed in her room so that i could change her. So far this time i am not in THAT much pain....but it is getting worse and i am terrified that it will get that bad again before this baby comes. My back and hip issues are the MAIN reason DH sayes this is our last one. He is scared that if i go through this again that it will be permanent.

ETA: to make is easy i will say May 1st.
#26 of 34 Old 02-21-2005, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Got ya' added LadyWulf!!!!!

Give more**Expect Less
#27 of 34 Old 02-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Banned

Wel,I am due on May 27th, but I am hoping by a bit of nudging (walking, visualization, sex maybe etc) that she will come on my Birthday which is May 20th....of course I am not going to do anything drastic!!!...but I think it would be the most wonderful birthday present I could ever get to bring her into the world on the day my Mom brought me into the world...and a special bond we could share...

I will just be thankful if she comes healthy, happy, and without too much pain *ouch*
#28 of 34 Old 02-21-2005, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

You're added!!

Does anyone have an idea for a "prize" so to speak for the person who is damn good at guessing the date? I'd love to have something set up....any ideas are welcome!

Give more**Expect Less
#29 of 34 Old 03-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Banned

My son was born just one day past his due date at 11:54 p.m. The day before (the actual due date) I started very mild cramping. The next day I knew for sure in the a.m. I was going into labor.

I think this baby will be on time, too.
#30 of 34 Old 03-05-2005, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Rainbow when is your due date and I'll add you to my list!

Give more**Expect Less

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page