hip pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-16-2005, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
who is getting it already?

I usually feel it when I wake up in the morning or, moreoften, when I wake up at night to go pee, but it used to go away as my morning went on. As if movement was helping it. But today it is not going away! I even feel it when I am not moving at all. I have tried to walk, move my legs, squat and what not, but it is not getting any better. I'm only 21 weeks. Is it only gonna get worse until the end? I am very thin and have small thin bones, but I have only gained 7.5lbs so far which isn't that much.

What can be done to help?

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#2 of 15 Old 01-17-2005, 02:23 AM

I had it so bad with my DS that i was unable to function to any normal level the last 3 months of the pregnancy. I have had it already this time for about a month now and it keeps getting worse. Starting to effect how well i can handle the day and do what i need to. It is a HUGE deal for me since i have absolutely no help and noone i can call on to help if i wake up one morning not able to move due to the pain (which happened a couple times a week before). I am planning to go to a chiropractor sometime either later this week or early next week. I have heard that it can help....although i haven't tried it yet.
#3 of 15 Old 01-17-2005, 02:14 PM

Hip pain here too! I had it on one side mostly for dd, but now I have it on both sides and I can't even sit on my floor for any length of time. Couch is giving me problems and so is standing. Not much, I'm defintiely functioning, but I'm at 22 weeks, so I too am thinking what is in store for me as time goes on? Ahh!
#4 of 15 Old 01-17-2005, 02:32 PM

I am 24 weeks & the hip pain is starting up again. Not as bad as last time when I could barely walk the last 2 months, though. My right hip pops all the time even when I'm not pg, so that's the one that gives me trouble. I try to sit in a nice warm (not hot) bath in the evenings whenever I can, even if only for five minutes, it helps relieve the pressure. HTH!

AmiBeth

#5 of 15 Old 01-17-2005, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

AmiBeth, dh and I took an hour long bath last night (yep, we had to add some hot water after a while *lol*), but today I am not feeling it as bas as yeaterday at all. I wonder if it really helped.
I've also heard about chiroprators to help with this, but i don't know any. If it will keep gettting worse quickly, I'll ask my MW for a recommendation.

I used to think that this usually happens toward the end of the pregnancy, not at a half-mark, but I see that I was wrong. Hope you mamas aren't miserable!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#6 of 15 Old 01-18-2005, 03:06 PM

Ugh! I've been having it for the past month. I can't sit in any chair that doesn't sit straight up-right. I have to sit with my feet flat on the floor, sitting up straight. I can't sit in the lazy boy, the papasan chair, or on the couch. I can last about 3 minutes on the floor before I have to get up. This sucks!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#7 of 15 Old 01-18-2005, 07:17 PM

What do you all mean by hip pain? Is it on the side of the hip?

I am having sacroiliac pain, which is in the butt part of my hip. The main reason I am seeing a chiropractor. I actually just switched because the first chiro didn't help me. This new guy uses a different method and I think it is some better.
#8 of 15 Old 01-19-2005, 12:10 AM

YUP..the hip pain especially upon waking up...
and slighty crunchy, I too have the butt pain...that is actually the most bothersome. It feels like nerve pain...ouch!!!
#9 of 15 Old 01-19-2005, 09:36 AM
Banned

Yes, I 've had this for a month. As well as the butt pain, like sciatica, that comes and goes. AND painful varicose veins. You know how you're supposed to excercise during preg.? Argh, it makes me sore! Just walking is painful. I look forward to May 25th. It's hard to be sore all the time even if you know it's for a good cause....
#10 of 15 Old 01-24-2005, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightly crunchy
What do you all mean by hip pain? Is it on the side of the hip?
For me, it is feeling the pain in the bones of where my pelvic and hip bones meet. dunno how else to describe it. for example, if I have that pain while walking, I'd feel where those 2 bones meet and how they move and it would hurt. ;(

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#11 of 15 Old 01-24-2005, 11:34 AM

Do you mean the bones the in the front of your pubic arch? Kind of like a grinding sensantion upfront, way down low? If that's the case that is pubic symphasis pain. I had it last time around starting at about 30wks and now am experiencing twinges here and there now (i'm 24 wks). Common with mammas who are having subsequant babies.

i agree with everyone that has suggested chiro care, even if it is nor PS pain. It will help so much! As long as you have a chiro who knows what they are doing, especially with pg mammas. I walked (actually hobbled) out of the first chiro's office I ever vsited, feeling 10 times worse that when i walked in.

Lots of pillows to help you sleep comfortably can help too. Just look at it this way. The reason that we are experiencing these various discomforts is because our bodies are continuing to prepare for the birth. Ligaments and joints are loosening due to the hormones racing around our bodies just waiting to expand to accomodate the task of birth of our little ones.
#12 of 15 Old 01-24-2005, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdamona
Do you mean the bones the in the front of your pubic arch? Kind of like a grinding sensantion upfront, way down low? If that's the case that is pubic symphasis pain.
nope. i feel them in the butt area, so it is hip pain.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#13 of 15 Old 01-25-2005, 06:26 PM

Oh I am having butt/hip pain probably sciatica. It is debilitating I can hardly walk let alone work, for my shift on saturday I was limping so much the patients were feeling sorry for me. I don't know how I am going to keep working for the next 7 weeks, I will probably need a wheelchair by then.
Its horrible at home as well but I guess because it is so excrutiating at work it is like a vacation when I am at home. I am going to get a referal to a chiro, hopefully that will make a difference.
hugs to you mamas with the hip pain and thankful for hot baths
#14 of 15 Old 01-25-2005, 11:01 PM

Wow, I thought I was the only one with this until I saw this thread. I had hip trouble with my first pregnancy, but the chiropractor helped a lot. This time, though, nothing seems to be helping. This baby is a lot lower in my pelvis than dd was, plus dd was breach so I'm wondering if that makes a difference. I sure hope it doesn't get much worse, for any of us.
#15 of 15 Old 01-28-2005, 05:43 PM

It has started this past week with me as well... some days it's more noticeable than others... mostly noticeable later in the day after I've been up and around for a long time-- makes my leg feel like it's going to fall out of the socket it hurts so bad and makes it hard to walk. I'm at the beginning of 24 weeks right now. Last pregnancy I don't remember when it started but I know I had it off and on through the end.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page