Isn't it too early to have lost the 2nd trimester energy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm exhausted already. I'm out of breath after exerting myself in a seemingly small way. Am I just out of shape? I've been practicing squatting at least when I fold laundry and stuff, but I haven't been doing any exercise at all, really. Lately having to grab my son and carry him inside or drag him away from toys in the grocery store is really exhausting. We went to the botanical gardens the other day and I had to climb what ammounted to about three stories, and I had to sit down by the end of it and drink water! What is wrong with me? Anyone else?

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#2 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 05:08 AM

There was supposed to be MORE evergy in the 2nd trimester??? I have just been steadily getting more and more tired as this pregnancy has progressed. I am a couple weeks farther along than you are. Maybe you are just having a bad energy week? I really don't know....sounds normal to me though.
#3 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 09:31 AM

I felt like my energy was depleating a couple of weeks ago. One day I was full of energy cleaning, running errands, schoolwork, then the next day I was tired and exausted and I have pretty much stayed that way. I have been trying to consume more iron and protein. I wondered if that might have something to do with it.
#4 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 10:10 AM

count me in the "completely exhausted" group! I'm 29.5 weeks and this past weekend, I could have fallen asleep standing up at 6:00 on Sunday night. I think it's worse when you have other small children at home. I can't just nap whenever I want to. I feel really pressured to get stuff done now, before the baby comes, and doing that along with caring for my dd just plain poops me out. I used to carry her easily up and down the stairs (yes, she can walk but she's such a snuggler that she likes to ride along a lot) but now that is a major struggle.
#5 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 12:27 PM

IM so glad you posted that question Anna, because last night I was thinking about what a struggle it is for me to get through normal everyday responsibilities. I started thinking about that burst of energy I have had...and I got a little worried because it appears to be gone or hiding. Im 26 weeks and I really felt the energy would last into early 3rd trimester but its not looking that way.
#6 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 01:28 PM

I'm 27 weeks and never really felt that burst of energy so many people talk about. I am less sleepy then in the first trimester, but still generally tired and definitely sleep more then pre-pregnancy. Also, I definitely have better days and not so good days. May be it's just a low energy week for you?

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#7 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 01:46 PM

Count me in too! I keep blaming it on my age, LOL! The other day, DH came home from work at 5pm & I went to bed.

I do have to say some days are better than others, go figure! My life is so routine, that I do not know what I do different!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#8 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

It's the out of breath stuff that's surprising me more than anything, though I am quite a bit larger with this pregnancy than I was with my first, naturally. Well, glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm 27 weeks + 1 day.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#9 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 02:09 PM

28+ weeks here and never had the 2nd trimester energy due to being sick for most of it (colds, flu, etc.) Now I'm totally spent! (Can you tell I grew up in the 80's? :LOL ) Poor dh, I don't even have energy for anything interesting to him after 9am - yes, 9AM. Now, I'm stressing because there is just TOO much to do before the baby comes and I don't know how I will do it. Anyway, enough out of me! Thanks for starting the thread Anna! I needed that vent!!!
#10 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss
It's the out of breath stuff that's surprising me more than anything, though I am quite a bit larger with this pregnancy than I was with my first, naturally. Well, glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm 27 weeks + 1 day.
I'm actually smaller with this pregnancy than I was with my last..and I'm out of breath a lot. She's sitting higher than Elijah did. I keep saying "there's a foot or something in my ribs" the more I think about it..it seems like it can't possibly be a foot...but it COULD be one of my organs that baby is kicking up there! lol The week prior to 3rd tri I felt like I just wiped out completely. When 2nd tri came..I was fixing dinner more often, etc. Now-a-days it takes everything in me to come home from work and even THINK about fixing dinner. We're suppose to be on a budget, but I find myself talking DH into fast food more and more often.

Seems like we're all in the same boat. With 9 weeks left (for me) I guess I'm really not THAT surprised at how tired I am though.
#11 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 05:15 PM

I hear you all on the tired front. Last week was the worst for me so far. I am 30+ weeks now, and I do feel better this week. Maybe it's just the baby is growing so much this month? I know I have gained more weight last month than any other (5 pounds I think) I can't wait for the baby to drop, I definitely feel the lack of space in my lungs now and I get winded easily. I am taking an iron supplement and ran out last week, I have been back on it for a week and now I feel much better

I agree it is also just harder this time around because I have my ds (6 3/4) to take care of already. But he is so self reliant, I think you mama's with little ones are AMAZING!!!

There's nothing you can know that isn't known. ~ John Lennon
#12 of 19 Old 03-01-2005, 08:53 PM

My mom came into town this weekend and she took me shopping. I was totally exhausted one hour into it. Oh, and then my swollen ankles... yikes!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#13 of 19 Old 03-02-2005, 12:09 AM

I find that I am getting out of breathe more easily too. I have to remind the people I am galavanting around with to take it easy because I can't walk as fast as I normally do. I mean I can but I just can't breathe after a few mins. My dh is the WORST about running off and leaving me behind. He can't stand walking slow. I just assume it's the baby squishing my organs. :LOL
#14 of 19 Old 03-02-2005, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomAnita4Jesus
I'm actually smaller with this pregnancy than I was with my last..and I'm out of breath a lot.
Same here, I remember BUSTING out at this point with my first two pregnancies, this one is different in so.many.ways, its crazy. I find myself, especially in the evenings, having to breath really heavy (like taking a really deep breath) just to get the feeling of air in my lungs. I have no idea if this is normal but it didnt happen with my first two.

Anna, they say you are always bigger with subsequent pregnancies...
#15 of 19 Old 03-03-2005, 08:05 PM

I'm so there with everyone. It hasn't helped that I have not enjoyed this pregnancy at all. Let me give a brief rundown:
-First trimester morningsickness all day, every day, only subsiding to every few days at about 18 weeks.
-Serious acid reflux until 16 weeks or so.
-At 23 weeks had a week-and-a-half's worth of bronchitis from which I still haven't recovered fully (and I'm at 26/27 weeks)
-At 25 weeks came down with this sinus infection on the heels of the bronchitis

It feels like I've just been hit with one damn thing after another. I can't breathe because my airways are clogged. This one seems to be a low-rider, though, and while that means my lungs are okay, my guts and organs in my lower abdomen are taking a beating.

My midwife says this should be the part I'm enjoying. Heh. Why do I feel then, like my body is under siege?
#16 of 19 Old 03-03-2005, 10:31 PM

I'm tired, too. I have been working out 4-5 times a week until last week. Now I'm doing maybe 3. But I am just so tired. And even though I can manage aerobics or a long walk, sometimes I get short of breath just walking around the house. Or even just sitting here! I am 30 weeks. I don't feel as big as last time (I've gained a few less pounds this pregnancy) but I am still starting to feel... LARGE.

And have finally broken out my old maternity jeans with the hideous PANEL. :LOL I really don't like the panel. Shows a little no matter how long my shirt is.
#17 of 19 Old 03-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Banned

I guess I'm glad I'm not alone! I feel better than in the first trimester, but still tired and achey. I have varicose veins that hurt. I have to wear support hose. But still at the end of the day, my legs are very achey.

I get out of breath, too. And I have these irregular heartbeats that I had to go see a cardiologist for. I saw him today. He thinks it is strictly hormonal as my EKG was normal, but he is doing an u/s on my heart Mon. "just to be sure". And I have to wear this thing called an event monitor everytime the palpiatations occur for 4 weeks. Well, at least he is thorough!

My DS is so sweet but so active. And he is into all these active games lately when all I want to do is read to him! LOL And he's 36 lbs., and has to be lifted in and out of his crib still...ouch. we're going to try to transition him to a bed next month.

The cold weather doesn't help. I hate bundling up, being cold, loading the woodstove, etc. I really look forward to spring, and a new baby, and getting rid of these preg. symptoms!
#18 of 19 Old 03-04-2005, 02:21 PM

I've personally never experienced the so-called burst of energy that we're supposed to feel during the second trimester! At this point, I look and feel nine months pregnant. I'm quite frightened at the thought of feeling this way for another 10 weeks minimum!
#19 of 19 Old 03-06-2005, 11:31 AM

So glad to hear that its not just me. Sometimes I feel so much more pregnant than i think i should feel. With my first, I felt great through the second trimester and really wasn't even that tired out until the very last few weeks though i was still super active and running around all the time. This time around, i'm less busy, have more time to relax, and still am feeling pretty pooped a lot. Yesterday, i went to bed at 8:30 and didn't get up until 8:30 this morning! I don't feel like i'm not getting enough sleep but my body just feels achy and tired after even moderate activity.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page