Let's talk names - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you have a name or names picked out? Are they certain, or just maybe?

We're going to name our girl Madalyn Grace. But we aren't 100% on the spelling. It's either Madalyn or Madelyn. I can't decide which I like best. Dh likes Madilyn, but I don't like it.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#2 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 11:37 AM

I have no girl name --ack!!!! I need one fast and actually checked out two baby name books at the library last night.

If this baby is a boy, his name will be Frederick after dh's grandfather. Middle name will probably be Gerald after dh's father. We would call the little shaver Fritz.

But, girl names are a different story. Dh and I like family names but the only one we like (aside from what we named dd) is one of the most popular names in the US right now and my cousin used that name for her dd last year (Emma). I refuse to select that name because of the popularity and my cousin's dd. After family names, we like Germanic names but I haven't found one I am comfortable with yet. Dh keeps joking that we'll just name a girl Frederica -- NOT!!!!! I will not do that. I don't like that idea at all. He just says that to make me squirm.

So..... I'm still searching for the girl name.
#3 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 01:12 PM

We haven't even considered names yet. But we feel like we need to see the baby before we can name her. Patricia was 3 days old before she had a name.
#4 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 01:29 PM

Yes we have a name. Our first two kids have names after family members, so naturally this one will too.
My fathers middle name was, Alexander & DH Dad's middle name is Ross. So if she were a boy, she would be Alexander Ross. But since we are told it is a girl, her name will be Alexa Rose.

Names are a hard thing! We (Dh & kids) still debate, they want to call her Alexis, Alex or Lexi, none of which I like. IT IS ALEXA and if she were to have a nick name, it would be Allie. (Which is my sisters nick name!)

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#5 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 02:05 PM

We're having either an Eleanor Esme or a Sebastian Diego. I think it's an Eleanor, personally. But I reserve the right to change my mind upon seeing her.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#6 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 02:09 PM

Yup! We had names picked for sure before we could even find out the gender!

It's a girl so we have Scarlet Elizabeth but if for some reason it comes out a boy it's Solomon Alexander.

We are pretty sure on those names as we've had them since about month three or four.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#7 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 02:28 PM

we discussed names several times, but never really seriously. we are still clueless. ideally, we'll have a list of boy and girl names before the birth (since we don't know the gender) and we'll see which name fits after the baby is born.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#8 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 02:31 PM

My dh is insisting that the baby be named Max. I don't know why, maybe because it's his dad's name, but I cannot wrap myself around the name. I don't love it. I never imagined having a kid named Max but, since it is his dad's name, I don't feel like I have a lot of room to argue. I figure I'll just give him a middle name that I like (we're thinking Greyson) and I'll call him that, lol.

I almost hope that the U/S was wrong. We don't have a girls name even considered, but at least then I'd have some say, haha.
#9 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 04:42 PM

We've both agreed on Elliot Witherspoon, as he appears to be a boy. Before the ultrasound, I thought the babe was a girl, so we had chosen Adaline Donna. Now, I'm rather set on him as Elliot, although I won't say for sure until I see his little face.
#10 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 04:57 PM

we are naming her Kinley Lee
#11 of 22 Old 03-02-2005, 06:26 PM

We have decided on Katelynn Valerie if it's a girl. My sister's name is Valerie and my middle name is Lynn so we think it's perfect. If it's a boy he will most likely be Jaden (or Jaiden) Dominic.

I have a feeling we've got a little boy in there. Can't wait to find out for sure, only 11 more weeks!!!!!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#12 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 02:32 AM

We are naming our daughter Myla Nicole Anieta. Nicole is my sister's middle name, and Anieta is my dad's mom (she passed away 3 years ago never getting to meet any of my kids ). DH came up with Myla

AmiBeth

#13 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 02:44 AM

Not expecting any time soon... but wanted to share this little story.. out of the mouths of babes...
my DS 7 told me just last week. This was our conversation....
mommy, I am going to grow up to be a daddy. You are Eli? Yes, I am going to have four babies, two girls and two boys. Really? And what are your babies names going to be? Their names are going to be Christopher (after my husband, his stepfather whom he ADORS), Ryan, Brandy and Ashley.
7 yrs old.. he is the coolest kid ever!!!!
#14 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 03:02 AM

We have a partail boys name...Ethan Wayne. Ethan because we like it and Wayne was my father in laws middle name. DS has my FILs first name Kenneth. For a girl we are so undecided that we hardly even talk about it. We are pretty sure this is a girl though (intuition)so we NEED to come up with something good soon. We like the name Corine....like...not THAT IS THE ONE...feeling. I the name Jolene but DH doesn't like it at all. He likes Dawn and i don't like it. I tried to get him to agree to Jolene Dawn...compromise. NOPE. If i get to use Jolene he only wants it as a middle name.
#15 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 01:40 PM

We're having a girl - Azalyah Selah. We have our names picked out WAY before we even get PG....yeah, we're a bit freaky at times! Its like a weird hobby! :LOL If it was a boy, his name would have been Josiah Nathaniel.
#16 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 06:21 PM

If the ultrasound was right Arya (Dh like Aria) will here soon. I have always wished that girls got to carry a maternal name rather than always the paternal line. My mom's maiden name was Chisolm and she gave it to me and my sibs as a middle name so i want to start a maternal line at least with my daughters and give it to them as well. I also really like the way Arya Elizabeth sounds and Elizabeth is a long standing family name that ended with my mom so it feels right but do you think Arya Elizabeth Chisolm Nowosad is too long?

If the ultrasound is wrong, i don't know what we'll do. We can't agree on a boys name. Hopefully we won't have to at least until next time.
#17 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeleyp
I also really like the way Arya Elizabeth sounds and Elizabeth is a long standing family name that ended with my mom so it feels right but do you think Arya Elizabeth Chisolm Nowosad is too long?
I don't think it's too long. I like names with two middle names. And that name certainly has a lot of character to it. It is a truly beautiful name, imho.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#18 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 06:56 PM

We're having a boy. His name is Owen Micheal William
My other 2 have 3 given names as well.
Micheal is my mothers favorite name and william is the name of BOTH of my dhs grampas. we both love Owen.

PA Great names everyone!!
#19 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Banned

We are having a little girl

Bailey Lennon H__

We have been calling her Bailey ever since we found out at 20 weeks, so it really feels like her ya know? We are both of Irish decent and think it has a nice ring to it...and we are Beatles F R E A K S...so we thought Lennon was cute and different and she will probably hate us for it between about 11-21...lol...but hopefully, she will grow into it!...
#20 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 09:10 PM

If it's a girl, her name will be Elizabeth Paige

If it is a boy, he will be Davis Allen

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#21 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 10:35 PM

We are having a boy (well, 98% sure anyway) and have two finalist names picked out. But I am still waffling and am really not sure about those, either.

I keep calling him something different every few days, poor little guy!
#22 of 22 Old 03-03-2005, 10:40 PM

I am nothing like pregnant and don't intend to be for another 4 years AT LEAST but I have a thing for baby names, so I always lurk thes name threads. :

De-lurking now to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss
We're having either an Eleanor Esme or a Sebastian Diego. I think it's an Eleanor, personally. But I reserve the right to change my mind upon seeing her.
I the name Esme! Everyone else thinks it's so wierd, but I just love it. Did you by any chance get it from "For Esme, with Love and Squalor" by JD Salinger?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page