Worried...should I be? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2005, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The baby isn't moving this morning and she very little (I mean maybe 10-20 that I noticed) movements last night. I have eaten (and am about to eat again) and so far nothing. Should I be worried? She has only moved maybe twice this morning. She normally is active for about 6 hours a day (very active and the rest is random movements).

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2005, 05:07 PM

Because my friend just lost her baby at 33 weeks,yes i would err on the cautious side.It is probably nothing to worry about and i would try a bath and some juice first but i would be safe and get checked if you don't feel much more.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:13 PM

It probably is just a slow day for your little one, but always get checked if your red flags are up, even if it is just to give you piece of mind. Tell us how you and the baby are doing.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:19 PM

Lizabethian - How are things going? Can you give an update?

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 03-11-2005, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

I went in and saw the doctor who gave me my proof of pregnancy (actually the office...not the doctor himself). I was seen by some onery rude lady who I think was just a nurse practioner. All they did was check the heartbeat (found it....but it took a second) and my urine. She didn't ask me ANYTHING or if there were any other symptoms. She also made it sound like I didn't know what I was talking about and that I was overreacting. Now I remember why i haven't been to them since December.

As far as we know though everything is all right. The baby still hasn't moved very much. I think for the past two days I've gotten maybe 15 movements that I can definitely say are her.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:38 PM

I certainly have days when the baby moves more and other days when the baby moves much less. if the heartbeat was strong, I guess everything is OK.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Old 03-11-2005, 02:48 PM

I am glad you got to hear baby HB. That can be so reasuring. Sorry your office is such a pain in the rear end. s

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 03-11-2005, 03:39 PM

Been going through the same thing. Night before last i called my midwife at 10:30PM because i hadn't felt the baby move in a few hours and i had tried drinking some juice and laying down. She told me to drink 3 glasses of water and lay down for 15 minutes. It worked. I was just mildly dehydrated. She also said that now is the time when the baby is getting kinda cramped in there and that i can expect to feel less movement because the baby doesn't have as much room to do big kicks and can only squirm around.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWulf
She also said that now is the time when the baby is getting kinda cramped in there and that i can expect to feel less movement because the baby doesn't have as much room to do big kicks and can only squirm around.
I was going to say this, too. Our babies are going to start to slow down a bit the closer we get to our due dates. I'm glad you got a heartbeat, Lizabethian.

User Tag List